PDA

View Full Version : Misc when buying a car

ksinao
02-19-2007, 09:53 PM
what do you do? i will be purcahsing my first car on saturday most likely. and i am wondering how to go about it. i know i dont just give him the check and ride away in the car and everything is fine. i know there are things to do. i just have no idea what. some help would be greatly appreciated.

mocha latte cupcake
02-19-2007, 09:55 PM
do a very thourough (sp?) walk around, check for dents, make sure the car tracks right (aligned), Brakes, Tires (make sure they aren't dry rotted), interior flaws, engine sounds, compression and leak down test if you got the tools. thats about the super basics of it.

ksinao
02-19-2007, 09:59 PM
i know that. im getting it inspected before i buy it. im wondering once that happens what needs to happen? do i just drive away. or is there any type of paperwork.... things i will have to do to make it legal for me to drive in it, anything of that sort

Fr33way
02-20-2007, 09:30 PM
Pay with a cashiers certified check so that you can cancel it if something is obviously wrong with the car when it's in your posession. Write up a bill of sale.

Killer
02-20-2007, 09:32 PM
bill of sale... make sure u get the title from him... cashiers check is a good idea too... take a witness to sign the bill of sale...