PDA

View Full Version : Father's Day is especially cool for me...

quickdodgeŽ
06-20-2005, 08:32 PM
My youngest daughter turns 3 in September. When she was born(2002), she was healthy as can be. At 3 weeks old, my wife called me at work and told me that she had quit breathing. She was hysterical. She is CPR certified for infants and adults and she couldn't get her to breathing. She tried for about 5 minutes in our apartment. When that failed, she had ran outside(with Amanda) down the stairs, all the way to the landlord's office and gave her to the landlord yelling do something she won't breathe. Amanda was completely blue in color and was limp as a wet spaghetti noodle. Just as she was about to pronounced dead, she started breathing. 14 minutes later(EMT's estimation). After a little bit, she was ok. Until a week later when she did it again. After the third time, we went to Egleston. She went through a weeks worth of sleep testing and other tests. Well, today is the day, 2 years ago that she came off of her heart and breathing monitors that she had to wear all day and night for the first 9 months of her life. This was a great Father's Day for me. I feel so good to have her here with us, knowing what could have been. Cherish your kids. They're all you really have to live for. Later, QD.

crxhottie
06-20-2005, 08:42 PM
awwwwwww. i feel ya my lil sister had to go thru that shit. something quite tramatic that they wont remember, but u will remember forever...

NzProjeKt
06-20-2005, 08:43 PM
glad she pulled through man....

drupason
06-20-2005, 08:45 PM
wow thats awesome!

quickdodgeŽ
06-20-2005, 08:50 PM
Here she is at 1 and a half months. There are some of the wires she had. Later, QD.

5thgcelica
06-20-2005, 09:38 PM
good to hear she is still alive and made it through that.

collins
06-20-2005, 09:40 PM
word, man! thats actually touching! glad she's aight man.

iNsTuN nOoDoH
06-20-2005, 10:21 PM
that's good, my friend had to go to his dad's funeral on father's day...

ahmonrah
06-21-2005, 02:26 AM
definately, the fact that she's here provides you a wonderful fathers day gift every year. a hell of alot better than a tie. i'm not a father yet so....i'd kiss my kid every fathers day if ....well QD i'm glad you have a great gift..

mocha latte cupcake
06-21-2005, 08:04 AM
QD this is a side of you i've never seen.... i'm touched... snif snif...

all joking aside tho, i'm glad shes doing good man! that awesome to hear! congrats on everything!

AtifSajid
06-21-2005, 08:26 AM
FOR REAL! Thats some hardcore stuff to go through...

trythefly
06-21-2005, 08:53 AM
wow I had no idea QD. Glad she is better now. Did Egleston ever figure out what is was exactly?

This was the first fathers day I have ever celebrated. Madelines drawings and fathers day card was the best part of mine. I also got to see a definite foot on Jessie's belly from our new little girl. That was really cool.....

quickdodgeŽ
06-21-2005, 03:46 PM
^^^ Awesome man.

Thanks for the responses. She had severe reflux and sleep apnea. For those that don't know, sleep apnea happens when you are asleep and basically forget to breathe. Babies don't breathe when they are in the womb. They are given oxygen, as well as food, through the umbilical cord. Later, QD.

quickdodgeŽ
06-21-2005, 03:47 PM
BTW, the above picture of her was almost 3 years ago. Later, QD.

SaraX5
06-22-2005, 02:03 AM
she is soooooo adorable! I'm glad to hear she made it through everything.