PDA

View Full Version : Power Mods want to go n/a with my s2k

babyblueS2K
02-19-2007, 07:21 PM
so whats the best thing to do first: cams, valves, ect. i would like to go with a skunk 2 set up. anybody got any tips to prices everything is welcome.

BABY J
02-20-2007, 09:08 AM
1st Call Guys Locally --> www.mainstreamperformance.com

They are actually selling some s2k N/A parts right now for a good price.

1st Call Guys NOT Locally --> www.inlinepro.com (ask for Jeremy)

99SI
02-20-2007, 09:23 AM
the valvetrain is notoriously weak on the S2k. I would do a good set of springs/retainers first thing. The S2K revs so high there really isn't much point of moving the power band up any higher with cams right off the bat. Get a GOOD header and exhaust first thing. Then do an intake. Then tune. Then consider cams,etc. once you have those things done. If you want big power from an S2K then go with boost. I for one love the balance that the NA car has and what it does. A few bolt ons won't make the car a highway beast or a drag strip king but it will be a fun, quick car that with a few handling upgrades will be very competent on the track or in the mountains.

babyblueS2K
02-20-2007, 03:35 PM
thanks i have the exhaust and the intake and about to get a header prob DC sport. then i plan on getting it tuned very soon. i dont want to be a street or strip king just want something to have fun with that isnt plane jane. and def dont want to mess with boost or a supercharger. anyone know how much it should cost to have my valves replaced......mainstream..chough chough...

BABY J
02-20-2007, 03:44 PM
I'd suggest more than just valves if you're gonna pull it apart anyway. Give MSP a call - better yet, drive over and meet the guys.

99SI
02-20-2007, 04:00 PM
thanks i have the exhaust and the intake and about to get a header prob DC sport. then i plan on getting it tuned very soon. i dont want to be a street or strip king just want something to have fun with that isnt plane jane. and def dont want to mess with boost or a supercharger. anyone know how much it should cost to have my valves replaced......mainstream..chough chough...
not the valves, the valvesprings and retainers. The stock valves are very good pieces. I would go with a better header than a DC if you are going to limit yourself to basic mods. Save up a little more and get a better header, you won't regret it.

Tracer
02-20-2007, 04:05 PM
I would go for valveprings and retainers and if you want to get real into add AEM to the idea. That will make a huge difference on the car.

http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103802

Vteckidd
02-20-2007, 05:07 PM
I have a deal with skunk2 for their NEWLY RELEASED cams and springs/ret for the s2000.

i already ordered some for our turbo s2000

I would get cams, springs, ret, AEM, and some kind of header if you want to stay NA

Vteckidd
02-20-2007, 05:08 PM
oh and i have a set of ferrea springs, ret, valves for a S2000 sitting here

KevinT707
02-20-2007, 06:28 PM
Do N/A with just a little bit of spray :goodjob:

babyblueS2K
02-20-2007, 08:19 PM
can u pm me with more info on the set of ferrea springs, ret, valves for a S2000 u got sittin around. i was up there this past weekend to have my vafc installed. i kidda spoke to mike about the skunk 2 cams

babyblueS2K
02-20-2007, 08:21 PM
yo kev when we go to the track u going to be sprayin? dont matter ill still whip ya lol