PDA

View Full Version : Power Mods what do u think about this build?

crazydude
02-19-2007, 05:47 PM
first off i have a b20 vtec.
b20z2 block
b16a2 head

In the head i have:
skunk 2 stage 2 pro series cams
skunk 2 springs and retainers
ferra racing alloy valves
flow bench on the head
3 angle valve job on the exhaust
5 angle valve job on the intake
toda sports injection kit
prolly dtr header or maybe comptech not sure (last thing i got to get)

In the block i have:
cp pistons 12:5:1 compression
eagle rods
bored over 3mm so its now a 87mm
had the crank sent out to castillo to have it stroke, blueprinted, balanced,head treated.
block guard
sleeves
acl callicoated bearing
block is gettin align bore and align hone

haven't dynoed yet but looking to make 240-250 whp
let me know what you guys think

Hondasi
02-19-2007, 08:34 PM
shit nice setup.. get a badass header!

silversol
02-19-2007, 09:33 PM
I dont see it making 240-250 at the wheels

drmcivicsi
02-19-2007, 09:44 PM
x2 ^^^^

btw what tranny ?

ill love to see what mr kidd has to say

twinj
02-19-2007, 09:53 PM
Nice setup. Damn this is your first post

crazydude
02-19-2007, 11:54 PM
hopefully try to get close to 240 man wen i get it tuned i will show the results and plus am using race header forgot to add that everything is in the car ready to get tuned right now so hopefully i'll get it there

crazydude
02-19-2007, 11:57 PM
using jdm itr tranny and i don't see why i won't make close to 240 or a lil more than that to the wheels

BABY J
02-20-2007, 09:06 AM
What were the flow bench numbers on your head, or did you just load a stock head w/ the cams/valves?

99SI
02-20-2007, 09:13 AM
Two things that struck me as odd about this write up. I'm not trying to be a doubter or "hater" as some like to say, I would just like a little clarification. First off You said, "flow bench on the head", that doesn't make any sense. Did you mean you had it ported and they put it on a flow bench to see the numbers, if so then what were the numbers. You can put any head on a flow bench to see how much they flow at different atmospheres of pressure but it doesn't do anything for performance, it's just a test. Second you say you took it out 3mm to 87mm yet I didn't see anything about the block being sleeved. You say you have a block guard but not sleeves. You can not bore that block out to 87mm without sleeves. A little clarification on these two things would be nice and also if you have some pictures. What engine management are you using to tune with? With the build you have described that is a big budget build why not go with a Hytech or Burns or RMF header. Surely you know that on a high horsepower all motor application the header is the crowning jewel that can really have a great deal of affect on your motors performance. You speak of it as if it's a part you are just going to throw on at the end. Comptech header on that type of build? You need to step it up a notch if that's what you are planning. Good luck tho, I'm interested to see some type of pictures, dyno's, proof.

BABY J
02-20-2007, 09:23 AM
^^ You said what I was saying - only I was gonna let him hang himself --> if applicable. If NOT applicable, then kool build.

I am not one for posting dynos all over the web either - I have always been a bit --> :ninja: , but I do see it as interesting that you sent a crank out to the $$$$$$ kings (Carillo) for some finesse but would not sleeve the Honda block w/ the worst sleeves on the planet. The shop that overbored your block would have almost refused to do it on stock sleeves if they do enuff Honda work they would have BEGGED you to not do anything other than a hone (if needed) on a b20. Those sleeves pop left and right even on VERY mild builds. It's a truck motor and always will be w/out sleeves.

Sport1.3
02-20-2007, 09:36 AM
^^ You said what I was saying - only I was gonna let him hang himself --> if applicable. If NOT applicable, then kool build.

I am not one for posting dynos all over the web either - I have always been a bit --> :ninja: , but I do see it as interesting that you sent a crank out to the $$$$$$ kings (Carillo) for some finesse but would not sleeve the Honda block w/ the worst sleeves on the planet. The shop that overbored your block would have almost refused to do it on stock sleeves if they do enuff Honda work they would have BEGGED you to not do anything other than a hone (if needed). Those sleeves pop left and right even on VERY mild builds. It's a truck motor and always will be w/out sleeves.

LoL is says "sleeves" now. Ninja edit FTW

BABY J
02-20-2007, 09:44 AM
^^ Wow. Just wow. If I was at home instead of work I'd trace the IP and fry his motherboard. LOL.

IBTL

Sport1.3
02-20-2007, 09:47 AM
^^ Wow. Just wow. If I was at home instead of work I'd trace the IP and fry his motherboard. LOL.

IBTL

HACK HIS GIBSON J!!! lol

BABY J
02-20-2007, 09:50 AM
I should. But as an I.T professional I do not have to resort to those tasks anymore.... even though it'd be quite fun - haha. He needs his computer to research why he should just BUY an Eagle(ftl)/BC/RaceEng stroker crank instead of sending his b20 crank to Carillo to get "stroked", so I won't fry it this time.:rolleyes: LOL. Amazing kid - amazing.

crazydude
02-20-2007, 11:19 AM
i did put sleevez on the list and itz not carillo homie is CASTILLO . if u don't know who that is u might wanna look him up JOE CASTILLO in california. he does all nhra stuff and alot of other cars pretty famous guy. if u read an article or to u would noe. eagle cranks they spin bearingz after three months not so good. brian crower don't like it cuhz itz crower even tho they are brothers. and plus first thing wen i sent my crank out to castillo i noe it was gonna get sleeved. am not gonna argue about something i built man its rediciously i just wanted everyonez two cents on the build if u got negative please leave it out

99SI
02-20-2007, 11:31 AM
You want everyones two cents but only if it's what you want to hear? You must please forgive me for questioning someone who in their first post lists a typical magazine build with some things that don't exactly sound like they are legit. If it is, great, good luck to you. I just had some questions from your original post about the legitimacy of what you said you were doing.

BABY J
02-20-2007, 11:45 AM
Ok - it's opinions you want - then I will give you mine as well as ask a few questions. Remember that this is a public forum.

1) block guard PLUS sleeves??? On a N/A build - Please tell me why. You shooting for 15000rpms?
2) who built the head? 5 angle jobs done right do not come easy OR cheap.
3) did you get flow #s on the head?? Will you post (if not I do not mind, I will admit that I am sneakier than most as well).
4) why not send the block to Castillo as well to check and recheck the #s at time of assembly? Or does he just do cranks only?

crazydude
02-20-2007, 11:51 AM
sorri for making it look like a magazine build but itz my build am taking to street stock nhra event at the end of march in west palm at moroso .
as for the questionz baby j i don't mind answering them for u. shooting just for 9500rpm, taking to joe and he said in my best intrest to get a block guard az well even the machine shop said so az well.a machine shop in florida did my head and i will post numberz az soon az i can find the paper. they do cranks , if i had more time then i would of went serious serious all out but machine shops and castillo and parts place getting busy now since the event is around in one month and alot of ppl gettin stuff machined anything else u wanna noe just ask n i will reply

99SI
02-20-2007, 12:14 PM
If you are legitimately building this to compete you will definately need something in the way of a custom header from RMF, Hytech, Burns, etc. If it's a track only setup then go with a Hytech side exit.

Sport1.3
02-20-2007, 12:17 PM
PICS?

BABY J
02-20-2007, 12:32 PM
If you are legitimately building this to compete you will definately need something in the way of a custom header from RMF, Hytech, Burns, etc. If it's a track only setup then go with a Hytech side exit.

ORRRRR a side exit w/ a cutout to a standard rear exit. SEXY! :) Also - I'd wanna turn more than 9500 for all-out competition. ALSO - for all out competition I'd wanna go h22 over the b20. But G/L. Keep us posted on the build man.

juan b
02-20-2007, 05:18 PM
why would u need a block guard on a sleeved block?:thinking: