PDA

View Full Version : What do you guys think?

Tracer
06-20-2005, 07:58 PM
I wanted to know what you guys like I should do. Should I put the GT35r on my stock motor and try to go for the record for stock block in GA. or should I just say screw it and do the engine swap?

And this is not to start a shop WAR....just let me know what ALL you guys think.

TRAY_STi
06-20-2005, 08:12 PM
I'd install the turbo, with a nice safe tune have some fun with it until you can afford to safeguard it.

Big Baller
06-21-2005, 07:48 AM
Blow it up then build the 2.8 with version 8 heads.

Matt

Badazzcr
06-21-2005, 09:23 AM

Matt
x2

GTScoob
06-21-2005, 11:53 AM
or you could easily just take the motor out, sell the shortblock, and then order the 2.8 crank, pistons, rods, etc.

Tracer
06-21-2005, 03:58 PM

Matt

I just thought maybe, go ahead and put the turbo in, see in Dan can take the record for most whp on stock block.....and then put the 2.8 with version 8 heads.

Doug, thanks for putting in your info on this.

Spyder
06-21-2005, 04:03 PM
not to start a "war" as you mentioned but when you are shooting for a record there is a reason most do hit it... its not safe. so be prepared to pop the motor any given day once you hit those numbers and drop in whatever you have as a back up.

Badazzcr
06-21-2005, 04:30 PM
Doug, thanks for putting in your info on this.

Yep, no problem... way I see it. Any motor you buy comes with a new block anyways. So why not push the stock one to the limits. Just pray when it does break nothing touches the heads and your rebuild will not cost anymore than it would have to just put a built block in it. I have been running the crap outa mine now for 5000miles at over 450ft/lbs of torque and its still running like a champ. I plan on putting an even larger turbo on it to push it even higher. The factory 2.5 sti blocks have strong rods unlike the 2.0's, but it's the pistons that are the weak link. So with a good tune who knows where it will break. I am expecting this motor to let go around 600hp and 500tq. We will see. ;)

Doug

Tracer
06-21-2005, 04:31 PM
not to start a "war" as you mentioned but when you are shooting for a record there is a reason most do hit it... its not safe. so be prepared to pop the motor any given day once you hit those numbers and drop in whatever you have as a back up.

Thanks for you advice.

But the reason I want to get the record is to show people in the Suby world, that there are some really good shops in Georgia. Cause most people know that the big Suby guys are out west.

GTScoob
06-23-2005, 01:13 AM
Thanks for you advice.

But the reason I want to get the record is to show people in the Suby world, that there are some really good shops in Georgia. Cause most people know that the big Suby guys are out west.

Amen to that.

I'm pretty excited about the Subarus that Batlground and Topspeed are building up.

Tracer
06-23-2005, 03:29 PM
Yep, no problem... way I see it. Any motor you buy comes with a new block anyways. So why not push the stock one to the limits. Just pray when it does break nothing touches the heads and your rebuild will not cost anymore than it would have to just put a built block in it. I have been running the crap outa mine now for 5000miles at over 450ft/lbs of torque and its still running like a champ. I plan on putting an even larger turbo on it to push it even higher. The factory 2.5 sti blocks have strong rods unlike the 2.0's, but it's the pistons that are the weak link. So with a good tune who knows where it will break. I am expecting this motor to let go around 600hp and 500tq. We will see. ;)

Doug

Hey, are you really running stock block? No mods what so ever? Why haven't you posted it on Nasioc? You need to get the word out about your car and what your pushing on the stock block. That's awesome man to do that. Keep up the good work. :goodjob:

Badazzcr
06-23-2005, 04:24 PM
Not posting anything till I have some 1/4mile times to back it up. NASIOC members like to tear apart people who just post numbers.

Doug

Big Baller
06-23-2005, 05:44 PM
Thats because Naisoc sucks, that has got to be the worst subaru website ever.

Matt

Tracer
06-23-2005, 06:00 PM
Thats because Naisoc sucks, that has got to be the worst subaru website ever.

Matt

Yeah I totally agree with you on that. So does WRXAtlanta. I've met some of the guys from that forum and they treated me like crap. Matt don't you have a bad experience with them?

Dragonfly5338
06-23-2005, 06:21 PM
NASIOC are a bunch of nerds, lol. Evom people are cooler. :goodjob:

Big Baller
06-23-2005, 09:16 PM
The few wrxatlanta people Ive met have been cool. I think some of them are going to be at Dallas Friday so I'm going there to checkem out.

Evom sucks too

GTScoob
06-27-2005, 01:03 AM
Yeah I totally agree with you on that. So does WRXAtlanta. I've met some of the guys from that forum and they treated me like crap. Matt don't you have a bad experience with them?

I'm sorry to hear this. I see you've at least come on over and joined the site. Hopefully we can change your opinion of the club as a whole at a future meet.

I saw your car at the last drifting exhibition at Turner Field but didnt know what you looked like or anything in order to introduce myself.

-Bobby

Tracer
06-27-2005, 04:48 PM
I'm sorry to hear this. I see you've at least come on over and joined the site. Hopefully we can change your opinion of the club as a whole at a future meet.

I saw your car at the last drifting exhibition at Turner Field but didnt know what you looked like or anything in order to introduce myself.

-Bobby

Yeah I thought I would give WRXatlanta a try. You guys seem very nice and concern about my negative run in. Well I hope that I can you meet you guys soon at a meet or something.

06SilverBullet
07-01-2005, 01:42 AM
WRX Atlanta Rocks da house!!!.

Mark

06SilverBullet
07-01-2005, 01:44 AM
Just got back from North Point Mall a few hours ago and had a great time. Great g2g!!. Hope to see you all soon.

Mark

TRAY_STi
07-01-2005, 08:04 AM
Good to meet a lot of you at the Northpoint meet, and good seeing the rest of WRXATL crew that I know.