PDA

View Full Version : Anybody ever got this? (paypal)

jmmx258
02-19-2007, 02:46 PM
file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/user/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpg
Attention PayPal Online Client:
You have received this email because we have strong reason to believe that your PayPal account had been recently compromised. In order to prevent any fraudulent activity from occurring we are required to open an investigation into this matter.

If your account informations are not updated within the next 72 hours, then we will assume this account is fraudulent and will be suspended. We apologize for this inconvenience, but the purpose of this verification is to ensure that your PayPal account has not been fraudulently used and to combat fraud.

Please login into your PayPal Online account and complete verification process (javascript:ol('http://219.84.101.126/login/index.htm');)

We apologize in advance for any inconvenience this may cause you and we would like to thank you for your cooperation as we review this matter.

I just recieve this in my E'mail. Upon clicking the link, it took me to what looked like Pay pal. Thank god for Firefox however, because it was quick to tell me that It was a Fraudulent page. Has anybody else had this happen to them?

So, for any IE users, I dont know if it does the same because I haven't used it in a several years, except when I had to re-download firefox. Make sure you watch yourself If you get this E'mail.

Evil Goat
02-19-2007, 02:48 PM
yea, oldest trick on the internet, yet people still fall for it, no company should ever ask for you to verify info via the internet, if they do and everything looks legit call the company first and find out wtf is going on....or use another browser and go to the website adress of the company and look for possible fraud alerts from their actual website

Ran
02-19-2007, 02:49 PM
I remember getting these when I had AOL.

jmmx258
02-19-2007, 02:50 PM
I've had several scam attempts towards me the past few days. I had several items for sale on craigs list. People were e'mailing me with the cashiers "cheque" offer lol. THey get pissed when you tell them you only accept CASH IN HAND at the date of the sale lol

Mr_Mischif
02-19-2007, 02:52 PM
If it goes to an IP address, it's fake. It should always go to a domain name (eg it should go to paypal.com instead of 219.84.101.126).

jmmx258
02-19-2007, 02:53 PM
If it goes to an IP address, it's fake. It should always go to a domain name (eg it should go to paypal.com instead of 219.84.101.126).

Never thought about that, Very good point!

man
02-19-2007, 03:12 PM
lol here's what I put in as my login
http://219.84.101.126/login/loginsubmit.htm?login_email=youlovecock%40email.co m&login_password=thisipaddresshasbeenreferedtothepro perauthoritiesthankshaveaniceday&submit.x=Log+In

ShooterMcGavin
02-19-2007, 05:45 PM
phishing emails are so yesterday :gay: