PDA

View Full Version : Some real bullshit. *rant*

R3RUN
02-19-2007, 01:57 PM
About a week and a half ago I walked into my dorm building and a friend of mine told me the manager of our complex was looking for me. I talked to my RA, who called the manager guy (Andrew) and told her that some census lady from the government wanted to talk to me. My RA told me the lady was going to call my dorm room. There is a problem with that. My roomate and I dont have a landline hooked up in the room. I told my RA that and she said it was no big deal the lady would find me. So last thursday I was chilling in the room and someone knocks on the door. I answer it and my RA goes "that lady wants you to call her when you get a chance, heres her number" and gave me her number. I was sick thursday and friday so I didn't call. I didn't call over the weekend because I forgot and figured it wasn't a big deal. Keep in mind no one has a sense of urgency over this the entire time. So 5 minutes ago Andrew knocks on my door, I answer and he says:

"the census lady needs you to call her right now or you are going to be brought up on charges and possibly jailed. You are already three days past your deadline."

Ok, first off, I was randomly chosen for this census thing. I didn't volunteer or ask to do it at all. Second I have no idea whatsoever what I am being asked to do. Third, no one ever told me that I was going to get charged with anything. I have never had to deal with this before and had no idea I was doing anything wrong or that there was a deadline.

Now, the icing on the cake is........I call the bitch and she doesn't answer. Wonderful. :gay:

**Notes**
1)Census lady comes looking for me, cant find me
2)I dont call her because im sick/dont think its a big deal
3)Might be brought up on charges for something I didnt know I had to do
4)Bitch wont answer her phone when I do call her.

quickdodge®
02-19-2007, 02:02 PM
What's her number? Later, QD.

R3RUN
02-19-2007, 02:04 PM
Lol, Ill post it up after I finally get into contact with her if you really want it. It's a Tampa number.

Kyle
02-19-2007, 02:41 PM
Thats pretty weak. They did the same thing to my roomate, but they said may I talk to you. My roomate should have said no.

Strange thing is he is an out of state student like you. I think that has something to do with it.

R3RUN
02-19-2007, 02:44 PM
Probably. Im only pissed because no one told me that I had a deadline to meet, or that this was in any way important. If they had I would not be in this position.

Kyle
02-19-2007, 02:47 PM
Who gives a fuck you can get a nice photo taken of yourself at jail and have a story to tell. I think it's a win win situation.

R3RUN
02-19-2007, 02:51 PM
Haha, maybe I could sue for something to. You know, the real American thing to do.

Maniaç
02-19-2007, 03:04 PM
that sucks man... hope its not to serious

R3RUN
02-19-2007, 03:34 PM
She finally answered. A fucking 5 minute survey. What a waste. I can't believe I could have been charged for anything. Thats absurd.

Ran
02-19-2007, 03:39 PM
Quick! Give us the number so we can spam the hell out of it!

Nismo
02-19-2007, 03:44 PM
For real, I bet it was a bullshit survey

The Golden Child
02-19-2007, 08:29 PM
LOLZ !!! u got punkd !!!

R3RUN
02-19-2007, 09:18 PM
Sounded legit, plus they apparently did several other people in my complex.

Hektik
02-20-2007, 12:58 AM
wheres the number

R3RUN
02-20-2007, 12:58 AM
Ill provide it in teh mronign. I fcant use a phone right now.

{X}Echo419
02-20-2007, 07:33 AM
She finally answered. A fucking 5 minute survey. What a waste. I can't believe I could have been charged for anything. Thats absurd.

what were some of the questions? :thinking:

Sol-Badguy
02-20-2007, 08:07 AM
That's pretty ghey. I hate surveys.

Sometimes I go along with them, because the people calling have to get rejected almost everytime. I'm sure it helps.

AnthonyF
02-20-2007, 08:12 AM

wtf? thats some bullshit. Sorry for the trouble man. fuck 'em:2up: