PDA

View Full Version : Oil Pressure Guage Installation.

jmmx258
02-19-2007, 01:36 PM
I dont care to trust the oil pressure in my motor without a guage. I have on that I'd like to put in my CRX (B16). Where would I tap in for the Oil feed line for the guage? I know that on the back of the block I believe there is a plug thats removed by I think an 8mm allen wrench. Is that where I would have to put it?

If so, what size peices would I need? I know what line to get, but I dont know what size fitting would have to go into the block, after that i'm assuming all around 3/8" would be right?

Thanks!

EmminoDaGreat
02-19-2007, 01:42 PM
usually oil psi gauges come with all the required fittings and hoses. usually take out the oil psi sensor, and use another nipple, tee so you can use your stock one and have a line available for the new one.

jmmx258
02-19-2007, 01:46 PM
I dont have an oil pressure guage at all in it. Sorry I didn't state that. The Plug I was talking about, is right near the timing belt i believe, or atleast it was on my D Series motors, but I'm guessing not to put it there.

So I just pull the sensor out of the back of the block, and just run my fittings out of that then?

My Guage isn't new either, My dad and I picked up a 77 F150 Ranger XLT a few years ago, with a 460 in it, he wanted more classic style gauges rather than what was in it. So I kept this one.

Evil Goat
02-19-2007, 01:59 PM
tunertoys.com used to have a fittings set you could buy to retrofit any mechanical oil gauge on a dseries....probably had one for a bseries, but i was anti bseries so i never looked, but you got the jist of it, basically t-ing off of your oil pressure sending unit on the backside of the block, should be directly above your oil filter

jmmx258
02-19-2007, 02:02 PM
Alright, thanks a lot!!

When you guys say "T" it off, Are you meaning so I can still put the sensor back in and still have the idiot light int he dash?

Evil Goat
02-19-2007, 02:06 PM
yes, you will get a cel if you dont have the pressure sensor installed....let me look around my computer and see if i still have a drawing i made a while back when i was doing a hmt turbo kit on my old coupe

jmmx258
02-19-2007, 02:07 PM
Aright, I Gotcha, 100%! thanks +1 for both of ya!

Evil Goat
02-19-2007, 02:12 PM
this is the type thing you are looking for....

you take the sensor out of the block and screw it into the end of this fitting, then screw the whole thing into the block, then screw your oil press gauge fitting into the hole on the side....

now you can find them w/ one hole or two holes, the two holed fitting is for an oil feed for a turbo and a gauge at the same time, if this is the route you go be sure to get the two holed one, might be a couple bucks more but it gives you room for expansion turbo wise at a later date...and it comes w/ a screw in plug for the second hole if it isnt being used

i used one of these fittings on my old coupe w/ a mechanical gauge and a t25 setup....worked perfect, never leaked or anything of that nature

jmmx258
02-19-2007, 02:34 PM
Alright, thanks a lot. As far as sealer goes, I would assume just use Teflon tape? I also have gray goop (1104, Yamabond). What would you advise?

Evil Goat
02-19-2007, 02:38 PM
teflon tape will work just fine, just make sure you tape both the fitting going into the block and the sensor going into the fitting, as well as the line from the press gauge

jmmx258
02-19-2007, 02:39 PM
Thats what I figured, Thanks a lot.

Evil Goat
02-19-2007, 02:48 PM
you got it man