PDA

View Full Version : Let Me Just Say COMCAST SUCKS ASS!!!

Brett
02-19-2007, 09:09 AM
.... and I can say this before I am even a customer, thats the sad part. We were supposed to have our cable and internet installed on Thursday when we moved into the new house. Well no one showed Thursday. Friday AGAIn they were supposed to show for the install, and yup... you can guess... NO ONE SHOWED AGAIN. By this time I call the office and get on a supervisor's ass, He says he will try and get someone out Saturday or Sunday. Well Saturday at 5:50pm he has a girl call me (Cause he doesnt have the balls to) and she says they arent coming. Well I say to her "Gee ya think? Its 5:50 on a Saturday and if he hasnt been here by now, I can guess they arent coming" she gets all testy with me and says "Let me AX my dispatcher if we can try for Sunday" so I say "Yeah you AX him that" (Ghetto ass folk working there)

Sunday comes around and NOTHING. Now we are told today between 5pm-8pm and we are getting the first 2 months of cable and internet free, But still, If they dont show today, I WILL GO POSTAL ON COMCAST!! :2up:

End rant.

Sammich
02-19-2007, 09:19 AM
racise

The Ninja
02-19-2007, 09:23 AM
Hmmm....... Looks like you need an e-hug.

*calls leisa*

kelly marie
02-19-2007, 09:30 AM
we never had an issues with them in our old apartment... that sucks!

our apartment complex just changed to directv from some shitty southeastern broadband crap... and we LOVE IT!! we are paying less money for about 90 more channels than we had before! our internet isn't the fastest but it works!

hope it all works out.. you never really appreciate the tv/internet until you don't have it for awhile :)

Ran
02-19-2007, 09:31 AM
Can't blame Comcast for not wanting to go to the old folks home. :D

Sammich
02-19-2007, 09:32 AM

they all smell like hot ensure and dirty depends

Brett
02-19-2007, 09:34 AM

:lmfao: maybe they are racise?

civic95
02-19-2007, 09:36 AM
They probably don't want to drive all the way out there to hookup 1 customer. I bet they are waiting till they have a few calls in that area before sending a truck out there.

Mr_Mischif
02-19-2007, 09:47 AM
If you can, use DSL. I use SpeedFactory (http://www.speedfactory.net) They were quick, arrived when they said they would, and the customer service is great, very few dropouts, and I can get 3mb down for $50

chrisdavis
02-19-2007, 10:52 AM
If you can, use DSL. I use SpeedFactory (http://www.speedfactory.net) They were quick, arrived when they said they would, and the customer service is great, very few dropouts, and I can get 3mb down for $50

I get 8mb down and 768k up from Comcast for the same amount.

Brett
02-19-2007, 11:04 AM
They probably don't want to drive all the way out there to hookup 1 customer. I bet they are waiting till they have a few calls in that area before sending a truck out there.

Yeah now that we are off exit 16 we are country folk...LOL

Comcast will be 6mb DSL and for the first year we are getting it for $33 a month and now the first 2 months of cable and internet are free since they have pissed us off so bad

Mr_Mischif
02-19-2007, 11:09 AM
I get 8mb down and 768k up from Comcast for the same amount.
Yeah, but as we can see, Comcast sucks ass, and if there are other people in your node, you're not gonna get 8/768 speeds.

81911SC
02-19-2007, 11:10 AM
i had to rant about them not to long ago i totally agree with you boostless i hate them

8bangin302
02-19-2007, 11:14 AM
yeah comcast be sucking ass yo..lol..i have it and im switching back to what i had before..the guys that came to install the cable and internet were to scared to go under the house..luckely the cable wires were already installed..

chrisdavis
02-19-2007, 11:29 AM
Yeah, but as we can see, Comcast sucks ass, and if there are other people in your node, you're not gonna get 8/768 speeds.

I have had very few problems with my cable and internet (2 service calls in 2 years) both times they called when they were running late. I dont know how many people are the same node as me but everytime I have used the speed test from speakeasy I get 8+ down and close to 768 up.

Brett
02-19-2007, 11:36 AM
if these fuckers dont show today, I will be going with someone else thats for sure

civic95
02-19-2007, 12:05 PM
Or maybe it's because I told them how you flake out sometimes (ahem.. bristol). They might be scared you won't be home after all.

JennB
02-19-2007, 12:20 PM
I've had them for over a year here and for a long time up in Indy. No problems at all in Atl and none in Indy.... after the cable was hooked up. They got my address wrong in their computers, cut my cable off for non-payment since they applied my payment to another address. They collect the first month payment when they install, which I paid, and about a week later, my cable was off. Then I called to tried to straighten it out, they looked me up by address and said "yes, that cable is on and the billing is up to date" and then they kept looking and pulled up the account number instead and it showed a different address... one that doesn't even exist. The girl on the phone actually had the nerve to ask "are you sure that's your address?" I said " I LIVE HERE. I know where I live". Dumb bitch. It took about 2 weeks to get my cable back on... they had no appointments available.

Sol-Badguy
02-19-2007, 12:24 PM
I only have Bellsouth, so I can't say much.

My girlfriend's old house had Comcast, and I can say some of the service really sucks.

sirkus
02-19-2007, 12:37 PM
Comcast bought out Adelphia out here... and when they did. They made it more expensive to have the 6mb/sec internet. And they automatically dropped it, I was looking over the bill and I'm at normal speed. Comcast can kiss my ass. They were supposed to come out here too and re-bury our line because the phone company cut it. So they send someone out here and put a shitty little patch on it. I wound up fixing it myself.

ShooterMcGavin
02-19-2007, 01:10 PM
what'd u move out to the boonies? i've never had problems w/comcast coming when they need to =/

Brett
02-19-2007, 01:44 PM
Not in the boonies, off exit 16 GA400. They just cant get thier act together. They couldnt even get the correct phone number in thier system for 3 days, It took 12 reps there to finally put our correct number in and not use Ebonic terms like "Ax"

ShooterMcGavin
02-19-2007, 01:47 PM
lol that's pretty close to the boonies yo...

Brett
02-19-2007, 01:49 PM
Nah, We have a Wendy's and a QT out here dawg!! WE ARE MAIN STREAM!!! LOL

Hektik
02-19-2007, 02:08 PM
i would use the 2 free months and then change over to someone else..lol..

ISAtlanta300
02-19-2007, 02:15 PM
Not in the boonies, off exit 16 GA400. They just cant get thier act together. They couldnt even get the correct phone number in thier system for 3 days, It took 12 reps there to finally put our correct number in and not use Ebonic terms like "Ax"

LOL isn't that like, the last exit on GA 400 before GA 400 ENDS?

yupp... da boonies !!

j/k

CALIWEST
02-19-2007, 04:04 PM
i really don't see the point of why ppl ask for the comcast guy to install for them..its sooo easy

JennB
02-19-2007, 04:10 PM
When I got mine, they said they had to. I did my internet install myself but they said they had to turn something on at the outside box for the cable and then come in, make a call to get it activated and then test to see if it was working. It took all of 5 minutes but they told me I had to do it that way.

CALIWEST
02-19-2007, 04:22 PM
they didn't need to do that for me when they came...i asked the guy..what is the point of you comming out here to do it...he just told me, "its a way for comcast to make money"

no switch or anything he had to do outside...just came inside house call comcast to give them the # off the modem and renew the IP address...and boom..he done

JennB
02-19-2007, 04:27 PM
For internet? As I said, I installed my internet myself. As far as I know, anyone who wants cable internet through them can request a self install kit and do it on their own. I've done this both times I've had Comcast.

As for cable tv, I live in an apartment complex in the city and I know he went in our utilities room thing outside of my building and did something. No cable TV before he went in there and I had cable after he was done. I didn't pay them anything to come out.

CALIWEST
02-19-2007, 04:29 PM
true for cable tv you have to take off something...its used to block so you couldn't get any channels...but last time i checked they were charging for ppl to come out and install...but then again that was like 2 years ago or somethin