PDA

View Full Version : Misc Cradle of Filth (anyone going to see them?)

4dmin
02-19-2007, 08:06 AM
Black Metal band from UK for those who don't know but they put on an excellent show... they will be at the roxy on the 26th.

http://cradleoffilth.com/Images/Wallpaper/cenobites_640x480.jpg

IanHavok
02-19-2007, 09:08 AM
Just not the same since Stewart left the band. :(

4dmin
02-19-2007, 09:18 AM
lol ... you should go kate and i got tickets. :D

josh green
02-19-2007, 09:26 AM
which ones the girl LOL........ no really?...

4dmin
02-19-2007, 10:24 AM
which ones the girl LOL........ no really?...

LAME.

savanna13
02-19-2007, 10:48 AM
beneath the howling staaaaaarrrrssss.... FTW!!!

Damn. I wish I had the time to make the drive out from Raleigh. Have a good time!

Ran
02-19-2007, 10:53 AM
Meh, my girlfriend is going to their show but I'm not a big fan of goth/emo "rock". Have fun.

4dmin
02-19-2007, 11:08 AM
Meh, my girlfriend is going to their show but I'm not a big fan of goth/emo "rock". Have fun.

lol - its BLACK METAL not goth/emo rock :lmfao: ...

GOTH ROCK would be dark electronic rock like Joy Division, Symphony Switchblade, Type O Negative, My dying bride, etc

EMO would be pussy ass indie/hardcore bands that just couldn't cut it in those genres... so they made a sub genre of tight jeans wearing fags who like to cry about their ex girlfriends... Rites of spring, Portrait, TX is the reason, etc.

BLACK METAL are euro metal bands mainly from Norway which are normally extreme metal bands w/ keys/strings... EMPEROR (greatest black metal band of all time), Mayhem, Darkthrone, Cradle of filth...

Cradle of filth is more of the mainstream SOLD OUT versions of black metal, but they still are an amazing band.

Ran
02-19-2007, 11:12 AM
It's kind of like seperating Trance/Techno/Happy Hardcore. You can, but why bother?

It's all the same to me. Bunch of guys in black with "The Crow" make-up on. The only difference is that some cry through their songs (emo) while others sound like a kid with downs with a guitar (goth, black metal, ect...).

To each their own. :cheers:

Hulud
02-19-2007, 11:17 AM
It's kind of like seperating Trance/Techno/Happy Hardcore. You can, but why bother?
thats like saying chinese, japanese, koreans, vietnamese are all the same

man
02-19-2007, 11:24 AM
thats like saying chinese, japanese, koreans, vietnamese are all the same

Ummm... have you ever heard of the word "asians"

Hulud
02-19-2007, 11:28 AM
yea and that music would be under rock then sub genres of what they are arguing

but to make it easier for you

i could say that russians and bulgarians are the same

(hope no bulgarians see this LOL)

Decker1.8t
02-19-2007, 11:28 AM

:lmfao::lmfao:

4dmin
02-19-2007, 12:21 PM

It's all the same to me. Bunch of guys in black with "The Crow" make-up on. The only difference is that some cry through their songs (emo) while others sound like a kid with downs with a guitar (goth, black metal, ect...).

To each their own. :cheers:

WTF :2up:

see here is the difference between the two... EMO kids are bitches a bunch of crying stupid HS/college kids. Black Metal origins are probably the darkest musical genre shit... many bands have helped in the church burnings in europe as well as murder. That is extremism at its finest; preaching/living the END TIME MESSAGE :devil:

if your going to classify all genres it would be ROCK.

I actually heard BLACK METAL is Norway's largest export :lmfao: (now that my friends is metal)

man
02-19-2007, 12:40 PM
many bands have helped in the church burnings in europe as well as murder

You think fucked up shit like that is cool? Why would you support this bullshit? I have nothing against you Paul, but I hope that was a joke. Since when did murder or arson become cool?

4dmin
02-19-2007, 12:50 PM
You think fucked up shit like that is cool? Why would you support this bullshit? I have nothing against you Paul, but I hope that was a joke. Since when did murder or arson become cool?

i didn't say the this band did i said the origins of the music genre... but there is a distinct difference in music genre's Black metal is known for being one of the most extreme b/c of the origins and the antics bands take. I know COF was jailed during a photoshoot infront of the Vatican for wearing antichrist clothing. As far as the music goes its probably some of the best metal around; i've driven states away to see black metal acts from europe ;)

Mel Gibson hates jews - i still own 1/2 the movies he was in and i still enjoy his films. does that make me a supporter of such actions?

man
02-19-2007, 12:55 PM
Mel Gibson hates jews but i still own 1/2 the movies he was in and i still enjoy his films. How dos that make me a supporter of such actions?

I didn't say owning or enjoying entertainment makes you a supporter, I like MJ's music but I sure as hell am not a child molester. I guess I just misinterpreted what you said about the killing/burning thing. All good though, I see what you were saying :goodjob:

4dmin
02-19-2007, 01:07 PM
I didn't say owning or enjoying entertainment makes you a supporter, I like MJ's music but I sure as hell am not a child molester. I guess I just misinterpreted what you said about the killing/burning thing. All good though, I see what you were saying :goodjob:

you know your just sick ^:lmfao:

man
02-19-2007, 01:18 PM
you know your just sick ^:lmfao:

:tongue1: :doh:

Ran
02-19-2007, 01:47 PM
WTF :2up::lmao: Don't take it personally man, I'm just calling it like I see it. I rag on my girlfriend all the time for being into the same stuff. Just never understood the fad. Again to each their own. :goodjob:

GTScoob
02-19-2007, 01:49 PM
I'd like to go to this show to see them. Who else is playing?

4dmin
02-19-2007, 02:31 PM
I'd like to go to this show to see them. Who else is playing?

http://cradleoffilth.com/COFtour728.gif

69 eyes = crap ... i couldn't make it past the 1st track on gayspace they had

3 inches of blood = speed metal 80's style :guitar:

IanHavok
02-20-2007, 08:13 AM
lol ... you should go kate and i got tickets. :D

Yeah, I dont think Julie would be down with that. She could barely handle The Bouncing Souls.

4dmin
02-20-2007, 08:50 AM
Yeah, I dont think Julie would be down with that. She could barely handle The Bouncing Souls.

dude the ROXY has seats ;) we are going to sit up stairs and enjoy :cheers:

GROW SOME BALLS PUSSY!!! how many times do you get to see good euro black metal + hot goth chicks + their fat goth friends we get to make fun of :lmfao:

josh green
02-20-2007, 09:11 AM
mine was actually a serious question, which ones the girl?

4dmin
02-20-2007, 10:07 AM
mine was actually a serious question, which ones the girl?

thats why i said lame. there isn't a girl in the band. they tour w/ one for backing vocals.

josh green
02-21-2007, 11:26 AM
I know she sings a good bit in the songs and I would think she was part of the band. I have heard some of their newer album and she sings a lot in a couple songs.

jmmx258
02-21-2007, 11:40 AM
thats why i said lame. there isn't a girl in the band. they tour w/ one for backing vocals.

Nymphetamine Fix*!! Probably my favorite song with a lot of her in the vocals.

Other than that, I like them all around :goodjob::goodjob:

SpecV_Scott
02-21-2007, 01:51 PM
3" of Blood is badass...if you can tolerate the vocals.

B18c-rex
02-21-2007, 05:20 PM
Come on you know guys rock out to some type o negative :super:

4dmin
02-21-2007, 05:50 PM
Come on you know guys rock out to some type o negative :super:

i love type o... i got a really rare artist proof poster size flyer of them in my office that was hand drawn ;)

that band has some of the tallest guys... and Black No. 1 is some god sex music.

NUGZ
02-21-2007, 05:52 PM
they suck imo not worth the money and the drive, now TOOL i'm there

GTScoob
02-21-2007, 11:01 PM
they suck imo not worth the money and the drive, now TOOL i'm there
They're playing Bonnaroo this year along with the Police and 200 other bands.

4dmin
02-26-2007, 09:31 AM
tonight COF!!! woot woot :yay:

Hiro
02-26-2007, 10:42 AM
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG COF TONIGHT!!!!!!!!

CRADLE!!!!!!! OF!!!!!! FILTH!!!!!!!!!

*Squee* Dani!!!!