PDA

View Full Version : Starter problems

carbon_crash
02-19-2007, 07:14 AM
So this weekend we had to remove my trans to inspect an oil leak. After getting everything back together, the starter seems not to work. It will make that initial click, but not actually spin. Any quick fix? I know we use to beat the hell out of the starters to make them work, and it did sometimes! HELP!!!

jmmx258
02-19-2007, 11:09 AM
Make sure everything is hooked up right? If not, try pulling it out and making sure it works with out a load on it. When you had the tranny out, where did you put the battery? Somewhere it might have been able to lose charge possibly.

Just a suggestion, not the best but the first I'd check lol

Evil Goat
02-19-2007, 02:17 PM
same as above, tried jumping the car off? could be binding if all wiring is installed correctly, pull it out, spin the wheel and try again, while you have it out though take it to advance or wherever and have them put it on a machine to double check its good adn is spitting out the wheel when power is applied

carbon_crash
02-19-2007, 03:55 PM
yeah, I think its definitely gone bad. It started lastnight after turning the ignition switch numerous times but thats it. Now its not doing anything but a faint click

Evil Goat
02-19-2007, 04:28 PM
yea def sounds like an unfortunate shit out...be sure to take it with you when you get a new one, have them test it anyway, and so you dont have to pay the core charge if it is indeed bad

The BUCKY
02-19-2007, 07:18 PM
damn car!!!

twinj
02-19-2007, 08:39 PM
OR run a wire from the battery straight to the starter and see if that will make it spin. if it does you know it ain't the starter. Keep us posted