PDA

View Full Version : ka24e questions

TheGrillMan
02-18-2007, 10:55 AM
ok have a few questions about ka24e first off im looking to turbo it with this kit i found will the block\stock internals hold up to 250whp
second where can i find a manual trany for the ka24e to replace my automatic

Z U L8R
02-18-2007, 11:34 AM
it'll last long enough to put a smile on your face then blow up until you don't be cheap and build it right.

TheGrillMan
02-18-2007, 11:41 AM
it'll last long enough to put a smile on your face then blow up until you don't be cheap and build it right.

nicely put

Krazykouki
02-18-2007, 06:57 PM
www.tophatperformance.com

TheGrillMan
02-18-2007, 07:48 PM
www.tophatperformance.com (http://www.tophatperformance.com/)

is that just a rebuild?

or is a crate motor

Krazykouki
02-18-2007, 08:02 PM
crate motor, best way to go man if you are going with a KA.

TheGrillMan
02-18-2007, 08:28 PM
crate motor, best way to go man if you are going with a KA.

does that price include install or is that a seperate charge

Mr_S13®
02-18-2007, 09:15 PM
Talk to hell fire about your manual tranny. He's got a few. Real good guy also. And as far as your ka goes, they have been over 500 on stock block with some minor headwork. On a bone stock head you would have difficulties gettiing over 400. Head over to NicoClub.com. Spend a couple days on there before you make any choices.

TheGrillMan
02-18-2007, 09:19 PM
Talk to hell fire about your manual tranny. He's got a few. Real good guy also. And as far as your ka goes, they have been over 500 on stock block with some minor headwork. On a bone stock head you would have difficulties gettiing over 400. Head over to NicoClub.com. Spend a couple days on there before you make any choices.

im not even looking to put that much power really i want around 300ish
so i guess ill leave it stock and try not to beat on it

Krazykouki
02-18-2007, 11:19 PM

Good luck with that. Wrist pins and or rods will snap, thats why they never last but a few pulls, where is the fun it that? Nico Club..lol..I have been on there for years...LOL..nothing special

im not even looking to put that much power really i want around 300ish
so i guess ill leave it stock and try not to beat on it

Do it right the first time. Leaving it stock is GOING to give you issues, I garantee it.

EDIT: I blew up my KA-T in 6 hours @6psi with a T28 RB20 turbo...was fun while it lasted, but thats what I got for not going it right the first time.

Verik
02-18-2007, 11:47 PM
ka-t's have lasted years on 6 psi and stock..... it really is a hit and miss though. check out ka-t.org's forums, their tech section is unbelievably amazing. Also mean if you want to see the 500whp stock internal kade dyno + vid it's over there in the dyno section as well.... I can't remember how long it survived of if its blown yet, but I do remember it was damn impressive for stock ka internals.

Mr_S13®
02-19-2007, 08:48 AM
ka-t's have lasted years on 6 psi and stock..... it really is a hit and miss though. check out ka-t.org's forums, their tech section is unbelievably amazing. Also mean if you want to see the 500whp stock internal kade dyno + vid it's over there in the dyno section as well.... I can't remember how long it survived of if its blown yet, but I do remember it was damn impressive for stock ka internals.

Atleast someone else know what they're talking about... :goodjob:

TheGrillMan
02-19-2007, 10:52 AM
guess it makes sence to do it right the first time and not blow my shit up