PDA

View Full Version : going to the track friday night?

dartingd
06-20-2005, 04:28 PM
to make up for saturday? I'm gonna try and get the car running a bit better and attempt to pull off a low 15 high 14...i did pretty crappy at tunerfest, only pulling a 15.8 in my car, which is a:
92 accord sedan
h22a w/ m2b4 tranny (lsd 5-speed)
megan ss header and test pipe
greddy ws one catback
crappy ebay cai
ngk blues
i wasn't expecting a miracle, but i was expecting better than that...lol, my reaction times were like half a second too...it was pretty sad to say the least...out of the seven races i had, my results were:
L to late 80's hatch
L to new cobalt ss
L to the dark blue mustang gt
L to the silver corvette
L to the yellow SRT-4
W from the white hatchback
L to the green sentra
oh well...i'll get better i guess...this was my first time..
lol, maybe this list will make one of those 6 ppl who i raced realize who i am and i shall make a new friend

Spyder
06-20-2005, 04:36 PM
Dont worry about reaction time next time you go it doesnt matter there... you can do that part later, consentrate on your launch that is where you get a good run from. anyone can shift gear, not just anyone can launch on that surface..

ProjectWidow
06-20-2005, 04:52 PM
im pretty sure im going this friday

eViLMunkey
06-20-2005, 04:53 PM
was that you in the gold/champagne accord... w/ si wheels??? That was me in the '95 Hatch... which is basically stock... the best I did was a 17.6

Julio
06-20-2005, 05:23 PM
15.8? God I hope is faster then that.. has to be.. Im sure you will get that into the high 14's..

Julio
06-20-2005, 05:24 PM
lauch that bitch at 9 k hahahha joking bro.

dartingd
06-21-2005, 06:30 AM
scooby ur the guy that had ur windows rolled down? i can't get my car to idle right and i think that's screwing everything up guys...i'm not sure yet, but i think that's the problem...i guess we'll see how i do friday...

dartingd
06-21-2005, 06:31 AM
was that you in the gold/champagne accord... w/ si wheels??? That was me in the '95 Hatch... which is basically stock... the best I did was a 17.6

ya that was me, w/ the bike rack....orange shirt, brown hat...

civic95
06-21-2005, 07:16 AM
Yeah the surface is really hard to launch on, if I launch above 2500 RPM's my tires spin (even with low air pressure). Keep practicing, and you'll figure it out.

dartingd
06-21-2005, 08:57 AM
we're meeting at home depot around 5:00-5:30 if anyone wants to ride over w/ us..name's Dustin, and now u know what my car looks like...stop by!

buddha@TeamFX
06-21-2005, 09:02 AM
Prolly not gonna be there last week...a buddy of mine had his chevelle there last friday night and the tracked wasn't prepped at all it sucked...so finally the third pass it broke a little to much tire spin about the 8th and hit the wall and then one of the guys that helped pull it off the wall made the comment that he wished we wouldn't bring these fast cars down here...i mean come on...

dartingd
06-21-2005, 10:41 AM
Prolly not gonna be there last week...a buddy of mine had his chevelle there last friday night and the tracked wasn't prepped at all it sucked...so finally the third pass it broke a little to much tire spin about the 8th and hit the wall and then one of the guys that helped pull it off the wall made the comment that he wished we wouldn't bring these fast cars down here...i mean come on...

hahaha...no i mean really, you shouldn't bring a fast car to a drag strip..what were ya'll thinking, lol

sir2civichatch
06-21-2005, 11:39 AM
buddha... damn... is your friend ok? i saw that shit happen friday night... that shit was messed up... how much damage is on the car?

buddha@TeamFX
06-21-2005, 02:51 PM
actually the guy that owns the car is Allan and he is a quadraplegic i think thats right...he is paralized so his best friend drives the car...But yea Bobby(the driver) is alright and there is not alot of damage...the pics can explain the damage...but he told me sunday she'll be back on the rampage soon...Should've loaded up the car after the second run and didnt hook...thanks for your concern...

sir2civichatch
06-21-2005, 03:47 PM
damn... that sucks but i'm glad he's ok... i saw him get out when it happened... i'm starting to not like commerce... i'm finding that the majority of the people that work there are either assholes, pricks, or dumbasses... *please note i didn't say all, just most*

sir2civichatch
06-21-2005, 03:50 PM
oh, and dustin... i'll be there friday... dunno if i'm taking the hatch or the civic but i'll be there... just talked to jeremy and he said he was going... i can't wait to meet hope... :) the hatch needs a few things taken care of 1st... i can't drive it at the moment and it sucks... the wheel bearing is really messed up and it started making funny noises today...

eViLMunkey
06-21-2005, 03:51 PM
Yeah.. My hatch.. is stock.. I'm taking out alot of the interior next... other than I didn't want to but she needs to lose some weight.....

Spyder
06-21-2005, 03:53 PM
that is alot of damage on a car that was actually made of steel...

commerce sucks thats why you dont see many of the faster cars run up there , they are afraid they are going to die.

eViLMunkey
06-21-2005, 04:06 PM
yeah.. they need to take car of that track... I felt like I was sliding around a little even though my car is slow...

THEONE
06-21-2005, 08:45 PM
[QUOTE=tehpr3chr]to make up for saturday? I'm gonna try and get the car running a bit better and attempt to pull off a low 15 high 14...i did pretty crappy at tunerfest, only pulling a 15.8 in my car, which is a:
92 accord sedan

i might go i had to use a crappy stock clutch and ditch the 4 puck because i broke it on my second run saturday.
ill run a few times if i go.and yeah i think your car will hit 14's wanna race again??

dartingd
06-22-2005, 06:07 AM
sure why not...imma adjust my FIV and hopefully that will fix some of my problems...

buddha@TeamFX
06-22-2005, 07:30 AM
thats exactly why he usually doesnt take his car..

THEONE
06-22-2005, 08:21 AM
that is alot of damage on a car that was actually made of steel...

commerce sucks thats why you dont see many of the faster cars run up there , they are afraid they are going to die.

every year there is a race there called the southern nationals they run top fuel and funny cars there ive been a few time and seen only one wreck and it was from a explosion .i think that strip is fine and if i wreck there i wont blame my wreck on the strip,most wrecks there are from driver error or mechanical failure.i guess it so much easier to say "commerce sucks" i dont think it does sure it could use some improvements but thats the closest place i have to run legally so thats my spot.if people dont like commerce then dont go im tired of hearing how commerce sucks.accidents happen,its called racing. that is all.

dartingd
06-22-2005, 08:59 AM
see the problem is this...they spray the track w/ a chemical to my understanding that makes the track stickier, but only do it for big events...that would explain the reason there is usually no traction on friday nights and the reason there was no traction saturday...i think they should do it for every event, even fridays, but i guess that would get pricey...

Goinfasterthanu
06-22-2005, 10:34 AM
Belive it or not commerce is one of the best tracks in ga..This why the hold the big ass races for funnycars and such.. The track is fine just not with street tires..Slicks are what it is made to grip and it does this VERY well.. Also a lot of people cant drive{i have been going to commerce racing for 5 years so i know a little} then they blame it on the track..I have taken STOCK crap 50$ tires and got a 2.1 60foot out of them over and over.. You just have to learn how to launch, its not easy. Also when you go thru the staging lanes try not to get behind any rwd cars with slicks..They will drag water all out of the box and youll get 0 traction. There are a LOT of things i have learned going for so long..And as all my friends will tell you i can normally take .2 to a half a sec off most peoples times {in their cars, i have never driven} i go with. Its all in the clutch and gas. I used to pull 15.8 in my lude got it down to a 14.9...Then got nitrous..was back up to 15.2{lol} but trapping at 100mph..lol..The i learned to drive with the nitrous and got it back down to a 14.0... You just have to go a lot ........Ill see you guys there..Look for the red hatch running 13's...

THEONE
06-22-2005, 10:43 AM
dammit!!!! i wont be racing anything friday!! just got the clutch in and its really bad.i can drive the car but to try and launch is impossible as soon as the car hits 5000rpms and vtec the clutch slips like hell and i can smell it too.damn stupid oem crap. after my vacation i will get another one with some real clamping power.i wounder how long this one will last.

buddha@TeamFX
06-22-2005, 11:44 AM
Belive it or not commerce is one of the best tracks in ga..This why the hold the big ass races for funnycars and such.. The track is fine just not with street tires..Slicks are what it is made to grip and it does this VERY well.. Also a lot of people cant drive{i have been going to commerce racing for 5 years so i know a little} then they blame it on the track..I have taken STOCK crap 50$ tires and got a 2.1 60foot out of them over and over.. You just have to learn how to launch, its not easy. Also when you go thru the staging lanes try not to get behind any rwd cars with slicks..They will drag water all out of the box and youll get 0 traction. There are a LOT of things i have learned going for so long..And as all my friends will tell you i can normally take .2 to a half a sec off most peoples times {in their cars, i have never driven} i go with. Its all in the clutch and gas. I used to pull 15.8 in my lude got it down to a 14.9...Then got nitrous..was back up to 15.2{lol} but trapping at 100mph..lol..The i learned to drive with the nitrous and got it back down to a 14.0... You just have to go a lot ........Ill see you guys there..Look for the red hatch running 13's...

I have to disagree they run commerce i believe because there are hotels and restuarants close by yea its a ok track but as far as sayin its a track for slicks is wrong...i know we were on full slicks friday night and some others i know were up there with there 10.5 outlaw cars and wasnt hooking either...they just dont prep the track well for fridays on my opinion thats why for bigger cars twiggs,and some of the 1/8 miles are better prepd...i know tim matherly came by the trailer like after his 2nd run and said he was loading up and goin home because the track wouldnt stick...we shouldve loaded up then but didnt..oh well...live and learn.