PDA

View Full Version : Dress code..

LiL PaKi
02-15-2007, 11:33 PM
i feel stupid asking this... but I know there is business casual.. what is the dress code called when u have to where a suit... business professional?

I just got an offer for an Intern in the accounting department of the Superior court of Judges downtown across from the capital building and everyone was wearing a suit and I interviewed in a suit.. I totally forgot to ask about the dress code and I start Monday... I'll email them tomorrow/Today asking what the dress code is but I want to ask "Is the dress code business casual or ____ ____?"

so what is it called business professional or something else?

bigdare23
02-15-2007, 11:36 PM
why cant you just ask "what is the dress code?"

bigdare23
02-15-2007, 11:37 PM
btw I think it is just called "business"

LiL PaKi
02-15-2007, 11:38 PM
why cant you just ask "what is the dress code?"

that's too easy...

SniperJoe
02-15-2007, 11:38 PM
I just generally refer to it as standard business attire. Women have a lot more leeway when it comes to dress codes in the workplace. As long as it is professional looking and not too flashy or revealing, no one will care.

bigdare23
02-15-2007, 11:42 PM
that's too easy...

:doh: I forgot you are a female LOL

LiL PaKi
02-15-2007, 11:43 PM
:doh: I forgot you are a female LOL

yea yea yea

SniperJoe
02-15-2007, 11:46 PM
that's too easy...

Ok, if you update that statement with impenetrable business nomenclature, it should look like this:

Could you facilitate clarification of current procedures and standards for workplace professionalism?

That should be sufficiently complex for most females.

LiL PaKi
02-15-2007, 11:49 PM
Ok, if you update that statement with impenetrable business nomenclature, it should look like this:

Could you facilitate clarification of current procedures and standards for workplace professionalism?

not I....

bigdare23
02-15-2007, 11:50 PM

And the person that answers the email is going to be like huh LOL

(dont you know all government employees have GEDs)

SniperJoe
02-15-2007, 11:52 PM
not I....

You want it MORE complex? Sheesh. :thinking:

LiL PaKi
02-15-2007, 11:55 PM
And the person that answers the email is going to be like huh LOL

(dont you know all government employees have GEDs)

hmmm well the budgeting administrator that interviewed me had an MBA... I myself am almost done with two bachelor degrees (Accounting and Business Management) ...

bigdare23
02-16-2007, 12:13 AM
hmmm well the budgeting administrator that interviewed me had an MBA... I myself am almost done with two bachelor degrees (Accounting and Business Management) ...

I was being funny :doh:

I work for the government myself, DOI (Department of Interior) and I have a B.S. in Mathematics and I'm working on another B.S. in ME.

LOOSEN UP!!!

puregroove
02-16-2007, 12:49 AM
just look sleek and sophisticated...that will always pass for brownie points:::

ISAtlanta300
02-16-2007, 02:16 PM
"Is the dress code business casual or ____ ____?"

so what is it called business professional or something else?

Business attire.

Black tie = tuxedo, formal suit with bow tie or black

Formal = Leisure suit and tie.

Business attire = Business suit (not leisure suit, mind you. pref. something conservative, i.e wool suits), with tie

Business casual= shirt and pants (shirt tucked in), with or without tie, can wear jacket (for meetings, clients etc).

Dressy casual = shirt with jeans or pants. higher quality fabric. or designer. tucked in or out.

Casual = Jeans, shirt with no tie (not t-shirt), polo shirts, sweaters.

Beach attire = shorts and t-shirts. Sandals. Must wear island short sleeve shirts over tank top (for lunch in restaurants etc.)

As-birth = naked

lol

LiL PaKi
02-16-2007, 04:56 PM
thanks!