PDA

View Full Version : you think TFS sucked check out Indianapolis!!!

4dmin
06-20-2005, 09:55 AM
http://msn.foxsports.com/motor/story/3698068?GT1=6555

^ they didn't even have rain :lmfao:

Brett
06-20-2005, 10:11 AM
Damn atleast we stuck out the show!! LOL

blacknightteg
06-20-2005, 10:12 AM
damnit paul we have already had this discussion in another thread! PAY ATTENTION! lol, jk man, yeah that totally suck, but it was kinda cool how all the michellin people stuck it to the INDY people and jus turned off there cars n got out. Tony georg is a bitch and should do what ever he can for them cuz thats a world renound sport. Oh wel so be it the track contract for F1 is up in a year, maybe there go back to long beach and have a street race like the original f1 races

5thgcelica
06-20-2005, 10:46 AM
so my question is...how all of the sudden are these tires not safe. i mean. hasnt michellin used thier tires there before?????

blacknightteg
06-20-2005, 10:48 AM
might have been a defective compound they used on those tires and that one corner that was fubaring them was a triger to make them blow, it could be a variety of differnt reasons

civic95
06-20-2005, 10:54 AM
Sucks for everyone invovled, but honestly I don't blame them. If you saw what happened on friday concerning the tires how could you? Racing on the edge is dangerous enough, and tires do go at times. That you can't control, but if you know there is a problem what do you do? Would you go out there if you knew there was a problem with the safety harnesses failing?

SniperJoe
06-20-2005, 10:55 AM
Actually, the banking on turn 13 was causing too much vertical loading on the tires, causing them to fail. Most Formula 1 circuits are unbanked and this was something that Michelin hadn't looked at when constructing the tires.

<edit> For more information, go here (http://www.formula1.com/race/technical_analysis/740/149.html). </edit>

eViLMunkey
06-20-2005, 10:57 AM
That's not right at all... people should have stuck it out... even though schumacer would win anyway which he did... but that's a ton of BS

blacknightteg
06-20-2005, 10:58 AM
well then there ya go there was the problem lol, i tell yout ho, when that shit DOES actually run smoothly watching those cars on that track like i did when they came here for the first race back is amazing, the screach of the engines in person when they are at high RPMS is quite remarkable, next year when they go to v8's n turn 21000 rpm will be AWESOME

4dmin
06-20-2005, 10:58 AM
^ in the article it says they were trying to get all teams to agree to run for no points so all could race and Ferrari held out as 9 teams agreed to terms. all i know is if i spent all that money on a race i would of been pissed!!!

blacknightteg
06-20-2005, 10:59 AM
fuck that dude it was a defuncked win, i wouldnt have stuck it out either, its pointless if you know that fuckers going to win then wats the point in staying, there was no competition for him

civic95
06-20-2005, 11:01 AM
Atleast michelin stepped up, and admitted there was a problem rather than jeopardizing the safety of so many people. No one wants to loose a multimillion dollar car because a $300 tire blew out (much less a life). I know it does happen from time to time, but the odds were too great in this one. And like someone already said Schumacher would of won regardless.

eViLMunkey
06-20-2005, 11:04 AM
well.. people need to step up their skills.. and not be a poor sport over a better driver... at least try... other than yes the tire thing sucks but at least the company came forward before anything bad happend...

SniperJoe
06-20-2005, 11:09 AM
I just wish the FIA would have put the chicane in there so that the fans would have been able to see a good race. F1 racing isn't exactly a staple here in the US yet and this certainly didn't help at all. Not to take any blame away from Michelin, that is.

civic95
06-20-2005, 11:16 AM
F1 racing isn't exactly a staple here in the US yet

And it never will be, unless they start making the cars more competitive. Americans want to see wheel to wheel racing, otherwise they might as well be doing time trials.

eViLMunkey
06-20-2005, 11:22 AM
'cause americans prefer to watch rednecks turning left for 3 to 4 hours and slam each other around which to me isn't real racing at all....

civic95
06-20-2005, 11:35 AM
maybe not racing, maybe they are just selling entertainment (just like wrestling). Either way its a business, and they bring in more $$ than any other form of racing. If it was all road racing they wouldn't have half the attendance at the track. 90% of people don't like to stare at 1 turn for 4 hrs, and watch cars go by, then wonder what's happening the 2 mins it takes them to come back around. Now on TV it might be better. who knows. I don't even like going to RA, watching the Petite Lemans on TV is a way better experience that being at the track.

Either way if you want to keep a racing organization together you have to have fans. You can't pay the winners if you don't have fans. If you want fans you have to cater to what the fans want to see.

Z33_kid
06-20-2005, 11:48 AM
lol

blacknightteg
06-20-2005, 12:22 PM
joe, i dont think it was the FIA that had the say in putting hte chicane, in track, i think that was up to indy and they denied it. and why the hell people enjoy nascar is beyond me, i still dont understand why the hell the call it STOCK CAR when nothing about those cars are stock, shit, they dont even make 2 door torus's and there still using the same engine as they were 50 years ago, if they would take off the fucking restrictor plates they would be able to go faster and that would be racing. f1 is a perfect form of entertainment, to be a company and be reconized by forula one is pefert form of advertising for sponsoring companies. and the only reason there are so little amount of cars is because that style of racing cost millions of dollars, hell that whole fuckin car is carbon fiber...if you went ot one of those races which i have, you would love it, who gives a shit abou jus sitting on one place the whole, time, get up off your lazy ass n go walk around to another part of the track its not that hard , unless your legs are broken or something, watching those fucking cars go around a fast ass corner at as high of RPM's as they get up to, is amazing it makes you awe struck

SniperJoe
06-20-2005, 02:30 PM
joe, i dont think it was the FIA that had the say in putting hte chicane, in track, i think that was up to indy and they denied it. and why the hell people enjoy nascar is beyond me, i still dont understand why the hell the call it STOCK CAR when nothing about those cars are stock, shit, they dont even make 2 door torus's and there still using the same engine as they were 50 years ago, if they would take off the fucking restrictor plates they would be able to go faster and that would be racing. f1 is a perfect form of entertainment, to be a company and be reconized by forula one is pefert form of advertising for sponsoring companies. and the only reason there are so little amount of cars is because that style of racing cost millions of dollars, hell that whole fuckin car is carbon fiber...if you went ot one of those races which i have, you would love it, who gives a shit abou jus sitting on one place the whole, time, get up off your lazy ass n go walk around to another part of the track its not that hard , unless your legs are broken or something, watching those fucking cars go around a fast ass corner at as high of RPM's as they get up to, is amazing it makes you awe struck

Actually, it was the FIA's decision and their decision alone. First, they would not allow the teams to use tires that Michelin had flown in from France, then, when Michelin was looking for a compromise that would have allowed the race to continue safely, they proposed the chicane idea to the FIA, who denied it.