PDA

View Full Version : Just got a ticket...

DieselNuts
02-14-2007, 09:30 PM
So, my valentine's day has been pretty fucking shitty so far. Among other things that have sucked, my most expensive problem today was getting a speeding ticket. 79 in a 45. It was in Oakwood. Does anyone have any idea about how much this is gonna run me?

§treet_§peed
02-14-2007, 09:35 PM
how old are you? yeah oakwood is gonna be a bitch for a while cause of the reconstruction going on... me and my friend almsot got pulled over going thru their today for doing 5 over.... your pretty screwed

DieselNuts
02-14-2007, 09:39 PM
Im 23. I was talking to the cop and explained that the reason I was speeding was because I just left my girlfriends house and we just broke up and Im kinda on edge. He was like "that sucks, your not suppose to break up on V day". I said, "tell me about it, she is getting ready to go to her new bf's house right now..." He was like "damn....well, I tell you what, show up at court and I'll see what I can do to get the speed lowered."

§treet_§peed
02-14-2007, 09:41 PM
ahh you got lucky lol.. but yeah oakwood cops, most of them are dicks... but yeah maybeit won't so bad then... g/l with it tho

DieselNuts
02-14-2007, 09:47 PM
Thanks man. The cop was actually pretty cool. I understand that he is just doing his job, so I dont hate him for it.

§treet_§peed
02-14-2007, 09:52 PM
yup that's where alot of people get it mixed up.. hey they're are just trying to do their job to earn thier money to pay their bills.. but there are the ones out there that do make alot more shitty things for us to deal with

Z32redondo
02-14-2007, 10:03 PM
Thought mine was bad 60 in a 30 on a 6 lane road at 2 in the morning with no one else on it. I had a dick cop though so maybe yours wont be so bad. I got court tomorrow morning.

Doppelgänger
02-14-2007, 10:29 PM
do remember, after that cop stopped you, he wrote down everything that happened during the stop. So chances are, then when you go to court, he will do something. Remember when you go, to try to talk to the solicitor and see what you can settle for... it NEVER hurts to try that.

Been to court enough times to know how it works (for the most part)

Bajjani
02-14-2007, 10:49 PM
So, my valentine's day has been pretty fucking shitty so far. Among other things that have sucked, my most expensive problem today was getting a speeding ticket. 79 in a 45. It was in Oakwood. Does anyone have any idea about how much this is gonna run me?

sucks bro and not that i haven't had shitty days where ive probably done stupid shit like this but good thing you got pulled over instead of doing nethin more dangerous

gluck man

ironchef
02-14-2007, 10:52 PM
Definitely take defensive driving, it will help a lot. I went to court today for 2 speeding tickets, 1 18 over and 1 27 over, 3 weeks apart. Both got dropped to 14 over, so no points, but the fines weren't small lol.

babygurl
02-15-2007, 08:36 AM
OK Judge Law I have alot of experience with...haha 3 speeding tickets in 3 years

My advice, is take the defensive driving course before you go to court, 75 bucks...normally he charges 100 bucks per speeding ticket you have gotten prior to this one. (14 over only)..

Just go in there, tell him the story and see what happens...wont hurt anything...and plead NOLO!

Fine #1 600.00
Fine #2 600.00
FIne #3 400.00 this doesnt include court costs....

oh and if you do go to court, then leave the money you dont want them to take in your car lol they search you hahah (he will also sentence you to 12 months probation until everything is paid, and the defensive driving course is completed)

hehe happy days!

B16a2 Civic
02-15-2007, 08:38 AM
damn, thats messed up....the gf thing, not the ticket

GIXXERDK
02-15-2007, 08:40 AM
Im 23. I was talking to the cop and explained that the reason I was speeding was because I just left my girlfriends house and we just broke up and Im kinda on edge. He was like "that sucks, your not suppose to break up on V day". I said, "tell me about it, she is getting ready to go to her new bf's house right now..." He was like "damn....well, I tell you what, show up at court and I'll see what I can do to get the speed lowered."
If he wanted to lower the speed he would have lowered it right there in front of you :doh:

Kalifornia087
02-15-2007, 08:44 AM
What was the cops name that pulled you over? Just wondering, i know a lot of them because i see them at QT, and so do two of my friends that work in the one it oakwood.

-Austin

Halfwit
02-15-2007, 09:45 AM
Thanks man. The cop was actually pretty cool. I understand that he is just doing his job, so I dont hate him for it.
DONT U KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT IMPORTATLANTA????

RULES ABOUT POSTS PERTAINING TO GETTING PULLED OVER

1: ALWAYS CALL COPS PIGS, ECT
2: BLAME COP FOR PICKING U
3: DENY THE CHARGE
4: SAY "FUCK THE POPO"
5: NEVER SYA HE WAS JUST DOING HIS JOB

damn dont u knwo anything about ia? lol

nunyadamnbiz
02-15-2007, 10:27 AM
damn, thats messed up....the gf thing, not the ticket

Thank you ^^^^ what he said...pay the ticket, choke the girl....

Rican219
02-15-2007, 10:28 AM

DAMN BRO THAT SUX ASS!!!!

§treet_§peed
02-15-2007, 11:47 AM
lol casey... and yeah i ahve plenty of speeding tickets myself.. think i got over 20 laying around my house that i ahve accumilated since i started driving... hopefully i won't get anymore for a while lol

ORGANIZATIONXIII
02-15-2007, 12:12 PM
that ticket sounds like the 500 hundred range..

FDslider
02-15-2007, 06:27 PM
Good ol' Oakwood, huh? Yeah, I have experience with Judge Hammond Law as well. I have seen him MULTIPLE times at the Oakwood court, the Gainesville court, and the Flowery Branch court! He is pretty strict and never wants to help you out. And as for the cop helping you out in court, well, that is NOT going to happen. You will see him there, and he will tell you that he's got you covered, but once they call your name, he magically disappears! That is what has happened to me EVERY time I was there.

Good luck anyways.

HalfBaked
02-15-2007, 06:32 PM
If he wanted to lower the speed he would have lowered it right there in front of you :doh:
Yea...

I was pulled over going 74 in a 45. The GSP officer changed it to 69 in a 55 for me so there wouldn't be any points.

He did it right there on the spot.

JDM onlyy
02-15-2007, 06:47 PM
Yea...

I was pulled over going 74 in a 45. The GSP officer changed it to 69 in a 55 for me so there wouldn't be any points.

He did it right there on the spot.

Wow, usually they're the worst cops to get pulled over by. My friend got pulled over by them all the time and he always got 600+ for those tickets...

Darling Nikki
02-15-2007, 07:40 PM
I love reading these. They make me laugh.

Julio
02-15-2007, 07:48 PM
I love reading these. They make me laugh.

Why do they make you laugh ?

Julio
02-15-2007, 07:49 PM
Oh and btw man.. how you get caught in oakwood? they have like 5 cops? hahahha

Darling Nikki
02-15-2007, 07:54 PM
Why do they make you laugh ?

Its interesting to see the speeds people tend to drive. Especially in oakwood.

§treet_§peed
02-15-2007, 08:48 PM
lol actually in my vast expirience with the police.. i find that the GSP are the nicest ones to be pulled over by.. maybe that's just me tho... :dunno: and Julio you know Oakwood had 7.5 cops quit playin

aaronfelipe
02-15-2007, 08:53 PM
Sorry to hear that bro,
So was I any wrong to call you out???

DieselNuts
02-16-2007, 08:51 PM
I know that they will lower it in front of you, and that has happened to me before, but once they write it on the ticket, it might as well be in stone. I just hope he sticks to his word and at least tries to help me out.

Oh and btw man.. how you get caught in oakwood? they have like 5 cops? hahahha
I dunno. I got pulled over by two of the five though...

Sorry to hear that bro,
So was I any wrong to call you out???
I guess not. This time it was cause of the ex. though....