PDA

View Full Version : batt. keeps slowly dieing...

jdmmugeneg6
02-14-2007, 09:17 AM
i just did a b18 swap on a 94 civic eg6. the problem is the volts will slowly drop from 15 to 8 and itll die. I put as new alt. and batt. on it. does ne-one have ne idea wats wrong...:???:

Jecht
02-14-2007, 09:36 AM
I would check to make sure everything is wired properly, check to make sure the alternator belt is tight and actually moves the alternator, and make sure nothing is staying on while the car isn't running.

NoNafs
02-14-2007, 08:06 PM
Sounds like a bad ground somewhere.

jmmx258
02-14-2007, 09:08 PM
Check your fuse box under the dash. The fuse that turns the alternator on to charge when the key is turned on could be blown. I suggested this to another member in an EK and it was the problem. Not sure on your car but it could possibly be the same issue. As I had told him, that I spent over 300 dollars in an alternator, and battery, and getting all my power and ground lines replaced with big ass amp wire, like I was installing a big system. All when it was just a damned fuse.

§treet_§peed
02-14-2007, 09:29 PM
my thought exactly on wiring being fucked up some where or being a bad ground

an0therh22
02-14-2007, 11:06 PM
most likely a bad ground. first thing i would check

gbrookie71
02-14-2007, 11:16 PM
would a simple Diagnostics check not pick that up. If so Autozone or Advance would check it for free. Just not sure if it would pick the problem up or not.

BLk92DA
02-15-2007, 04:17 AM
Check your fuse box under the dash. The fuse that turns the alternator on to charge when the key is turned on could be blown. I suggested this to another member in an EK and it was the problem. Not sure on your car but it could possibly be the same issue. As I had told him, that I spent over 300 dollars in an alternator, and battery, and getting all my power and ground lines replaced with big ass amp wire, like I was installing a big system. All when it was just a damned fuse.

owned :idb:

jmmx258
02-15-2007, 09:03 AM
Yessir, By a honda haha. Shit happens though, ya win some, ya lose immensely in the pocket! hahaha

§treet_§peed
02-15-2007, 11:51 AM
^^no not rly

jmmx258
02-15-2007, 12:20 PM
I didn't mean for anybody to relate that to everything in life. Just in that case, I did lose immensely.

Z U L8R
02-17-2007, 09:15 PM
wtf can autozone diagnose??? they're a parts store......
jokers go in there for the FREE "diagnostic" the young highschool punk who needs a job or the old fart who thinks he knows everything and really doesn't know shit comes to your car and hooks up their little fisher price $19.95 obd2 scanner to your car and gets a powertrain code that's relating to your egr system....so being that they're a parts store, "sir/maam you have something faulty with your egr system BY THE WAY we sell egr valves and that'll probably fix your problem." now the joker goes and buys an egr valve, now hmm, they can't put an egr valve on, so now they have to pay someone to put an egr valve on, so the loser pays for the valve, and someone to put it on, so now the check engine light comes back on 20 miles later....so now the cheap joker finally buckles and goes to a real shop. the mechanic tells him they wasted their money on that crap part and the shadetree that put it on, and all they need is their egr ports cleaned, because the code is a p0401 EGR INSUFFICIENT FLOW. sorry to break off on the tangent but i see that all the time. cheap losers trying to be cheap end up spending more money because they are teh sux!! HAHAHAHAHA

if i start getting into the alternator's bulb check lamp wire and sensor wire i may lose you......do you have an aftermarket electric fan installed?

what has a bad ground? the alternator's grounded to the motor, and if the motor started and ran long enough for him to get voltage outputs then obviously the motor's grounded......

first thing i'd do is take all the boom boom out of the possible reasons, but the problem is your wiring.