PDA

View Full Version : Good place to port and polish a head and manifold?

Sayajin
02-13-2007, 05:09 PM
Hey guys. I need to send my head off to get ported and polished. I need a damn good job done on it however, not just someone with a dremel port matching (sorry homie). Where is a good place that I can send my head off to and have it ported and polished? I would REALLY like to get it gas flowed, but I dont think anyone around here does that.

Thanks a lot guys. Remember, I need an expert job done with the correct equipment.

I also need to have the same thing done to my exhaust manifold.

I am also considering have a custom TT exhaust manifold made up, know anyone who is up to the task? I am still undecided about that one however...

Thanks.

-Sayajin

UPMotorsport
02-13-2007, 05:21 PM
DFE Enterprises for the porting and polishing (mainstream has their contact info)
and mainstream for the turbomanifold, im sure they would be up for the task

CHADbee
02-13-2007, 05:35 PM
DFE Enterprises for the porting and polishing (mainstream has their contact info)
and mainstream for the turbomanifold, im sure they would be up for the task
DFE Enterprises
8538 Mallory Rd Unit #1
Jacksonville, FL 32220
Contact Mainstream Performance for inquiries
-Golden Eagle sleeving, Bore, Hone, Balance, Engine Dyno, Assembly, Head Porting

Krazykouki
02-13-2007, 05:40 PM
Hey guys. I need to send my head off to get ported and polished. I need a damn good job done on it however, not just someone with a dremel port matching (sorry homie). Where is a good place that I can send my head off to and have it ported and polished? I would REALLY like to get it gas flowed, but I dont think anyone around here does that.

Thanks a lot guys. Remember, I need an expert job done with the correct equipment.

I also need to have the same thing done to my exhaust manifold.

I am also considering have a custom TT exhaust manifold made up, know anyone who is up to the task? I am still undecided about that one however...

Thanks.

-Sayajin

Mike didnt have any ideas? its also gonna cost hella money, you are also prolly better off buying premade manifolds bro...seriously

Sayajin
02-13-2007, 07:53 PM
Mike didnt have any ideas? its also gonna cost hella money, you are also prolly better off buying premade manifolds bro...seriously

Not for a build of my magnitude.

Also I am considering a few different options as far as the manifold goes. I just want to see what a custom one goes for around here before I go overseas.

Thanks for the info guys, I will contact Mainstream and see what they can do for me.

-Sayajin

Krazykouki
02-13-2007, 08:59 PM
Not for a build of my magnitude.

Also I am considering a few different options as far as the manifold goes. I just want to see what a custom one goes for around here before I go overseas.

Thanks for the info guys, I will contact Mainstream and see what they can do for me.

-Sayajin

I just dont understand whats so different between yours and the one we are building now...shit, we are building 2 now, one of which is 800+.

Sayajin
02-13-2007, 10:39 PM
From what he tells me, the guy that Top Hat used to use has moved to NC. As it is right now they dont have a good shop to do it. The shop they are using right this second kinda just dremels and port matches.

I believe the head you are talking about was made by the previous guy before he moved.

Mike did give me some info on an overseas shop they use for serious head work, however as I said now I am just collecting info.

-Sayajin

Krazykouki
02-13-2007, 10:56 PM
From what he tells me, the guy that Top Hat used to use has moved to NC. As it is right now they dont have a good shop to do it. The shop they are using right this second kinda just dremels and port matches.

I believe the head you are talking about was made by the previous guy before he moved.

Mike did give me some info on an overseas shop they use for serious head work, however as I said now I am just collecting info.

-Sayajin

ahhhh I see...glad everyone else knows this but me...LOL...figures, well, either way..give us some time, I am quite sure we will have something/someone new very soon.

redgst97
02-14-2007, 01:20 AM
I do NOT know for sure, but I think AAP might be a good place to gather some info you are looking for.

Anderson Audio & Performance. I think Brett has the contact info...