PDA

View Full Version : Power Mods ka24de head issue

Ruststang
02-12-2007, 09:43 PM
Hey guys ive got a slight concern

Ive been driving my ka-t for about a week now and i haven't been driving it to hard since my clutch is slipping.But i thought i had a loose Bolt and washer on my exhaust or my throw out bearing was dying.. Here is the issue when i rev the engine to 3000ish rpm or when gearing down for a stop i hear the chatter and now it sounds more like its coming from the head..So i was wondering if anyone had any insight on the issue its a ticking chatter and it also vibrates the engine a bit when it makes the noise but its on when rpms are around 2200 to 2800 and only when there falling.. Kinda strange to me i dunno..

BuBBa DRiFT
02-12-2007, 09:52 PM
i had that same problem, then it stopped. it was a rainy night, and as soon as boost kicked in i would jump to redline, i thought it was my clutch but it might have been my tires losing traction...which by the way is fucking sick!!

Ruststang
02-12-2007, 10:15 PM
i had that same problem, then it stopped. it was a rainy night, and as soon as boost kicked in i would jump to redline, i thought it was my clutch but it might have been my tires losing traction...which by the way is fucking sick!! See that why i dont think its my valves is becuase im making 250whp at 6 psi if i was having loose valves i dont think it would be running and idleing well i dont even get black smoke.. just an odd smell i think its all the new parts breaking in but im really concerned out this valve/ head noise.

Flip
02-12-2007, 10:19 PM
The timing chain guides tend to make noise comin from the head...

Ruststang
02-12-2007, 10:30 PM
The timing chain guides tend to make noise comin from the head... But only when revs are coming down? and is there any fix for it or do i just need to ignore it?

Broke240
02-13-2007, 09:44 AM
The timing chain guide that tends to make the most noise is right at the top when you take off the valve cover. The chain runs right under it. Just take it off if it is not already removed. See if that helps any.

babowc
02-20-2007, 05:58 PM
one question..
do our (ka24de) motors use hydraulic lifters?

no, right?

iirc.. sr and kaE uses the hydraulic lifters..

Ruststang
02-21-2007, 09:54 PM
one question..
do our (ka24de) motors use hydraulic lifters?

no, right?

iirc.. sr and kaE uses the hydraulic lifters..

Perhaps im missing how this comment helps my issue.. Im not really sure what to do at this point i cant find time to take it to a shop to take a look at it. I really dont want to pull the head to have it rebuilt. And im not going to remove parts that nissan put in there to get rid of the noise. Im sure there has to be some way i can fix this problem or there is a shop open on sunday.