PDA

View Full Version : d16 spun rod

corey30349
02-10-2007, 06:03 PM
for sale: 1991 honda civic si hatch. sunroof, a/c, projecter headlights,coilovers, jdm marker and bumper lights, short throw shifter,del sol rims(painted to match the car),cold air intake,white face guages,triple gauge pod with white face boost,a/f ratio,and oil pressure gauges,car has black interior in excellent condition, black exterior with average wear and tear.engine is d16a6,with 5 speed tranny. Only problem with the car is a main bearing or possable thrown rod in engine,It still starts and runs ut the engine is knocking.800.00 firm

ok this is the ad i found and i was wondering how hard is it to replace a main bearng and should i purchase the car??? with the engine like it is because alot of ppl have older civics but all have the same problem

thepolecat
02-10-2007, 06:06 PM
not hard to fix IF you know what you are doing. you will pay out the ass to have someone fix it. it would be cheaper to buy a new engine rather than fix it.

But it sounds like a nice bowl of rice.

corey30349
02-10-2007, 07:03 PM
not hard to fix IF you know what you are doing. you will pay out the ass to have someone fix it. it would be cheaper to buy a new engine rather than fix it.

But it sounds like a nice bowl of rice.yea ok so should i just put new pistons and rods in or just replace.and i have autotech at school so i can fix but should i pay 800 for it

thepolecat
02-10-2007, 07:07 PM
yeah 800 is not bad, Id swap a DOHC motor in. but a good d16 complete wap would only run maybe 600. so a $1400 civic that is pre riced is not a bad deal. I think there are better deals out there. but that is just my opinion, good luck noob. (meant in a nice way)

RB25DET240sx
02-10-2007, 09:20 PM
no dont do it. I had the same problem with my d16. the bottom end is worthless except the block if not scared. if it knocks it means it was run to long with a bad bearing causing it to eat away at it all. so crank is bad and rod. and depending how long its been hittin the head maybe the piston. so mostly ur paying 800 for a shell and trans.

DrunkScotsman
02-11-2007, 12:15 AM
i have a good d16a6 block for sale w/ lots of extras , lmk http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103459