PDA

View Full Version : Valvoline Max Life Oil Vs. Regular Oil

CiVeK9
06-19-2005, 05:31 PM
I just got a 99 Civic Ex. Its now at about 81k. My first oil change is comming up and i was looking into the Valvoline Max Life Oil and Valvoline Max Life Fuel Injection Cleaner to go with it to keep my car running good. Does anyone have any advice on this and is it worth the lil investment for "better oil"?

THEONE
06-19-2005, 07:29 PM
i prefer mobil 7500 oil.you can run it to 7500 miles before you have to change it or you can get the 15000 mile oil.i also use a K&N oil filter.the way i see it if you keep up with your oil changes all that fancy stuff really isnt needed.there are alot of cars out there with 200 or 300,000 mile on them running pretty good with regular oil. and for the fuel system i use Lucas brand it actually made a diffrence it smoothed out my idle nicely.

aznqc
06-19-2005, 08:55 PM
yeah I must agree with bodydropped is just a another way to get to your wallet, If you change your oil regularly every 3000 miles or 3 months whichever comes first and use engine oil ratings that meets or exceeds your manufactures requirements your good to go.

CiVeK9
06-19-2005, 09:08 PM
i appreciate the post guys...i'll keep your advice in mind and do some more research..i'll probably stick to the basic oil since i always changed at 3000 anyways..save some money

bluuuurr
06-19-2005, 09:53 PM
i swear by mobil ;)

speedminded
06-20-2005, 12:46 PM
it all depends on how you drive it and how much oil it burns, synthetic is a much better oil in all temperatures/climates...

Kevykev
06-20-2005, 01:10 PM
i used Castrol Syntec Blend after 75k

Switched from full syn. to syn. blend at around 120k

now at 150k

oil changes were always consistent.

CiVeK9
06-20-2005, 06:23 PM
what exactly is synthetic?

speedminded
06-21-2005, 03:19 PM
Synthetic oil is manufactured, normally with silicone...think of it as astroglide for your engine. It takes much longer and much hotter temperatures to break it down compared to conventional oil [which is made from seperating crude oil].

ash7
06-21-2005, 04:43 PM
I drink a mug of AMSOIL 10W-30 with my morning donuts.

aznqc
06-22-2005, 06:48 PM
Today, drivers are keeping their vehicles longer than ever before. The average car on the road is more than seven years old and has more than 75,000 miles on it. Also, today's new car engines are designed to increase fuel economy and improve emission controls, which puts more stress than ever on motor oils. Synthetic lubricants, when compared to conventional motor oils, offer critical performance benefits, including:
Better protection in low temperatures, enabling easier and faster start-ups in cold weather (as low as -40 degrees F);
Enhanced high-temperature durability, reducing oxidation and wear on critical engine parts (up to 400 degrees F);
Reduced oil consumption under high-speed conditions;
Better performance under heavy engine loads/stresses, such as hauling and towing;
Increased stability and better control of deposits that can impede flow and lead to higher wear.

But Knowing All this I still use regular engine oil...... maybe I just like to stick to the tradition. I even had someone told me that synthetic oil breaks down just as fast as regular engine oil. I guess what I want to say is just because people are using it doesn't mean you got to copy them. Well hope that helps.

CiVeK9
06-22-2005, 07:02 PM
appreciate the post i/m sticking with the tradition oil