PDA

View Full Version : Misc weight gainers...

blacknightteg
02-10-2007, 12:15 PM
alright so i work out every day almost...do somethings on one day, and some things on another. Im slowly seeing an increase in my build and what not and thats fine, but i was wandering. whats out there thats a good but healthy weight gainer that i can use for before and or after work outs. im trying to get myself a little bigger and grow out of this small frame. lmk!

Mr_Mischif
02-10-2007, 11:03 PM
I usually try food. You can find it at the supermarkets.

Nyteryder
02-10-2007, 11:27 PM
peanut butter and jelly sadwiches before bed will work everytime

JDM onlyy
02-10-2007, 11:41 PM
peanut butter and jelly sadwiches before bed will work everytime

Actually, I think anything before bed time will suffice as long as your metabolism has slowed down enough. I'm still of a small frame cause my metabolism hasn't slowed down. I should work out, but never seem to actually do it.

Nyteryder
02-10-2007, 11:46 PM
When I was smaller the sandwic thing worked out well for me. Now I am 6'3" and weigh 250lbs and I take a coule protein shakes and I use nano x9 and creatine for suplements.To some that seems like alot but I also work out everyday.

seksehowy
02-11-2007, 12:43 AM
hardcore it out :\, just eat and work out.

blacknightteg
02-11-2007, 11:40 AM
thats the thing, i work out almost every day...but i have a high ass metabolism because i im skinny and tall as fuck. I just need something that will help me gain a little weight so that i can keep it when im working out. i have gained weight, muscle mass, what ever you want to call it, im just looking for that little extra healty push

kyx
02-11-2007, 11:52 AM
go to GNC and ask for a good weight gainer...

boomer
02-11-2007, 12:14 PM
protein shakes + amino acids will work well as long as u continue to work out, the amino acids are a basis for the protein to build off of. just go up to GNC and talk to them.

Greddypacked
02-11-2007, 01:31 PM
Yes go to GNC and tell them your matter. They will know exactly what to give you.

Lucky DAWG
02-11-2007, 04:40 PM
i feel your pain bro
i've been working out too and i'm a skinny dude but its a lot harder when you are just genetically smaller and have a high metabolism

wheres the nearest GNC in Marietta, if anybody could fill me in i'd appreciate it greatly

JASONBALL
02-11-2007, 04:45 PM
how much to you weigh. right now.

lift heavy not alot if you want to grow. also take 100% whey before and after your work out.

Lucky DAWG
02-11-2007, 05:29 PM
too much protein can never hurt as long as you work out right?
the worst it can do is just make you fat if you stay inactive

yoshidoshi12
02-11-2007, 05:34 PM
peanut thing before bed is good.

after a hard workout. stretch out your muscles. afterwards, take alot of protein through meals. your body will utilize the protein as it rebuilds the muscles you work out, and it'll help gain mass and become leaner

alot of it is diet. eat more. work out more. increase weights over time. dont rush it. meat is the most important. but dont eat more and workout less because you feel fatter.

jR1_kS14
02-11-2007, 05:52 PM
go to your nearest GNC and get some muscle milk. and that stuff actually tastes good

Lucky DAWG
02-14-2007, 11:45 PM
go down off of chastain road near that walmart and across the street go to the place called "Supplement Depot", there should be a Toucan Tan next to it.

guys there were very friendly and i asked them to direct me towards a muscle gainer.

the best they said is called Total Mass, but it was like 45$ but the container was huge. i opted for the second best thing called Russian Bear, it was 30$ and lasts like 2 weeks

the stuff is hardcore, 5 scoops in a gallon of milk is 5,000 calories, which you would not take anyways but theres an idea for you. i'm taking about 1-2 scoops a day now, one in morning and one after i work out. and then 100% whey protein, one scoop in the middle of the day when i get home from school.

that along with eating as much as you can and being sure to work out everyday, or on 3 day cycles and 1 day off (my plan) seems like the best way to go

just sharing some insight

Ran
02-15-2007, 02:33 PM
I usually try food. You can find it at the supermarkets.Retardedly High Metabolism > Eatting a lot :(

peanut butter and jelly sadwiches before bed will work everytimeMan, I used to do that but eatting before bed gives me nightmares. I don't know why, but if I eat anything right before I go to sleep then I have some whack@ss dreams. :screwy:

Lucky DAWG
02-15-2007, 02:39 PM
so take what i just said

Killer
02-15-2007, 02:41 PM
eat more meals during the day.. just smaller portions...

or is that to increase ur metabolism...??? all i know is my old room mate eats all day long.. small portions.. and he's pretty big... in a non gay way.. lol.

Lucky DAWG
02-15-2007, 07:20 PM
spreading out meals is to lose weight so your body can digest faster and spread out food consumption

just eat all the time and take supplements

Muscle Milk, Total Mass, Russian Bear are all good ones.
take one glass of weight gainer in the morning
take one glass of whey protein mid day
take one glass of weight gainer right after you work out.

i'm on a 3 day workout schedule with different areas each day and then on the 4th day i rest

WINDSOR
02-15-2007, 07:28 PM
i've had luck with just eating a good amount of calories a day in normal food spread out over 6 meals. I'm 5 foot 8 and weigh 195 lbs up from like 155....trying to get to 200 lbs and then going to start some cutting..been eating like 3400-3500 calories a day...about 60% complex carbs,30% protein,10% fat. If you have really fast natural metabolism you will have to eat more until you start to gain weight...have heard sometimes 4500-5000 calories a day though which is really hard using normal foods.

I've never tried that weight gainer stuff...heard it taste nasty though.

Lucky DAWG
02-15-2007, 07:31 PM
russian bear is what i take, 30$ a bottle

i throw it in the blender for 30 seconds in water and not gonna lie, it tastes amazing. not in comparison to other things, like i would actually sit here and drink it if it had no health benefits to me. you can even make it into a milkshake with ice if you want.

and 3500 cals is good if you're a skinny guy, 5000 calories is unreasonable unless the gym becomes your second home.

kyx
02-15-2007, 07:47 PM
i feel your pain bro
i've been working out too and i'm a skinny dude but its a lot harder when you are just genetically smaller and have a high metabolism

wheres the nearest GNC in Marietta, if anybody could fill me in i'd appreciate it greatly

Up in the malls, on Roswell Rd the kroger shopping center accross from East Lake apartments, and theres another one 5-6miles down, near the merchants walk cinema(accross from media play, next to kohl's)... :X

I hope that helps..

Lucky DAWG
02-15-2007, 10:16 PM
Up in the malls, on Roswell Rd the kroger shopping center accross from East Lake apartments, and theres another one 5-6miles down, near the merchants walk cinema(accross from media play, next to kohl's)... :X

I hope that helps..

i went to supplement depot instead near the walmart off of chastain and already got stuff

thanks though :goodjob:

Ex_Vtec_Girl
02-16-2007, 01:28 PM
www.bodybuilding.com has a lot of information about all the different supplements out there

ueyedgr8tness
02-21-2007, 11:53 AM
Shi* man give me a call ima have to show u how it works trust me i can get u size and not by roids.

PM if your interested and ima give u the scoop

NUGZ
02-21-2007, 02:23 PM
protien is all you need,tuna,beef,chicken and eat a shit load and you will notice a big difference

blacknightteg
02-21-2007, 02:37 PM
yeah, i have been trying. i have noticed a difference....

Lucky DAWG
02-21-2007, 03:10 PM
protien is all you need,tuna,beef,chicken and eat a shit load and you will notice a big difference

that is the common misconception

meat is not the best source of proteins to build weight...

in order...
milk
eggs
meat
peanuts

blacknightteg
02-21-2007, 03:19 PM
ya..i've been drinkin a shit,load of milk lol

Lucky DAWG
02-21-2007, 03:20 PM
milk with every meal is key
u got the right idea
thats why all of those supplements suggest mixing it with milk

not spreading it over a sirloin lol

blacknightteg
02-21-2007, 03:25 PM
lol that would be nasty as fuck.

robbyrob016
02-28-2007, 07:49 AM
Muscle milk is by far the best supplement for gaining mass before and after workouts. It basically works the same way whey protein does, but i think it might ahve small amounts of creatine in it. I know many people that use it at my school that gained 20+ lbs of muscle on that and working out. Just take it before or after yoru workout, then once before bed and in less than a month you will see amazing results.

Party06
03-01-2007, 01:33 PM
I know a guy at La Fitness (Snellville) that sells some stuff that would work all legal.........:2up: im already big I need to loose some weight...I live in Lawrenceville over by Tribble Mill If you want we could meet up at La Fitness and we could talk to Shawn if you want

blacknightteg
03-01-2007, 01:41 PM
are you talking abotu shawn the sales rep up there? im a member of that gym

efman
03-03-2007, 12:58 PM
mucsle milk ftmfw, i went from 180 to 210 in a matter of two months working out hard, my maxes moved greatly also !!!!!

_Christian_
03-04-2007, 12:23 PM
for how much you spend on suppliments you could get roids and get much better results. IDK if thats something ur willing to try though. some ppl are willing to take the risks while it is not worth it to others. i personally dont like weight gainers. they're expensive and usually taste like ass. i just down as much food as i can. i eat about 4000-4500 calories i have 2-3 large meals and 2-3 small meals per day+lots of snacks per day to counter my naturally fast metabolism and work out 5-6 days weekly. if ur looking to get big eat lots, work out, make sure u have the neccesary suppliments and make sure you get enough sleep.

accented
03-13-2007, 03:37 PM
the way to gain weight, is to eat healthy, but a lot. also dont do any cardio, or go very light on the cardio.

the goal is to increase calorie consumption vs calorie burning. get some muscle milk and take that 3 times a day in addition to 3 healthy meals a day, then keep hitting the weights, one week do 3 sets of 6, next week 3 sets of 8, going heavy on the weights, but not enough to hurt yourself.

as for roids, do a lot of research if you go this route, they must be cycled to be taken safely, otherwise they will shrink your penis for real. also you can get calciu deposits behind your eyebrows and retain water. its by far not the healthiest, but is the fastest. but who wants a 30 inch biceps and a 3 inch pecker?

LiveaxleLS1
03-29-2007, 06:38 PM
go buy whey protein (Optimum Nutrition) and some rolled oats... mix 1.5 scoops of the Whey with 1 cup rolled oats, add 1-2tsp sugar and milk or water.

eat this a couple times per day, also eat regular food... lots of lean chicken and LOTS of complex carbs if you're really that small... spread meals out as much as you can (5-6 times per day eating). just because you're not hungry doesn't mean your body doesn't need energy

hydroshutter
03-29-2007, 06:51 PM
Your body only digests about 15grams of protein an hour, so watch that you don't take in TOO much protein. Any more than 15gram/hr per day and it'll be stored as fat.

LiveaxleLS1
03-30-2007, 06:02 PM
that's why you have to slow the digestion of protein down (by mixing your protein with rolled oats).

I wanna try Muscle Milk though.... seems like really good stuff.

hydroshutter
03-30-2007, 06:41 PM
I drink Muscle Milk. I'd try Mocha Joe first, then Banana. I also have a Chocolate Protein shake mix I got from GNC's brand. GNC's is pretty good as well. I mixed strawberried in my banana muscle milk and it turned out well.

LiveaxleLS1
04-01-2007, 11:13 PM
I drink Muscle Milk. I'd try Mocha Joe first, then Banana. I also have a Chocolate Protein shake mix I got from GNC's brand. GNC's is pretty good as well. I mixed strawberried in my banana muscle milk and it turned out well.

I just tried the chocolate kind... tastes like liquid brownies.

....you could take that any number of ways, but i assure you... it's good.

JASONBALL
04-01-2007, 11:18 PM
Hey guys and gals don't help out GNC rip people off.

Get your stuff on the web.

www.massnutrition.com plus many others. that will be alot cheaper than GNC

LiveaxleLS1
04-02-2007, 11:25 AM

www.massnutrition.com (http://www.massnutrition.com) plus many others. that will be alot cheaper than GNC

agreed, GNC is a rip... charges way over other stores, online or brick & mortar even.

hydroshutter
04-02-2007, 11:33 AM
I just tried the chocolate kind... tastes like liquid brownies.

....you could take that any number of ways, but i assure you... it's good.

It's not bad, it's kind of weird-tasting like you described. I'd definately chase it down with a tall glass of water or gatorade.

hydroshutter
04-02-2007, 11:41 AM

www.massnutrition.com (http://www.massnutrition.com) plus many others. that will be alot cheaper than GNC

Thanks for the site! I just purchased some creatine serum there for about 10bucks cheaper including shipping.

B18CDELSLO
04-02-2007, 12:00 PM
weight gainer does not = muscle!!! yall kno that rite? it will put FAT on you which will help u build muscle a lil bit easier though, and roids dont shrink ya dick, it shrinks ya balls...... still not worth it though!!! ANY1 that wants 2 gain a decent amount of muscle should gain about 20lbs of fat first unless they are already overweight, more fat in ur joints gives u the ability 2 lift more and therefor gain muscle easier

hydroshutter
04-03-2007, 06:51 AM
weight gainer does not = muscle!!! yall kno that rite? it will put FAT on you which will help u build muscle a lil bit easier though, and roids dont shrink ya dick, it shrinks ya balls...... still not worth it though!!! ANY1 that wants 2 gain a decent amount of muscle should gain about 20lbs of fat first unless they are already overweight, more fat in ur joints gives u the ability 2 lift more and therefor gain muscle easier

Don't believe this.

B18CDELSLO
04-03-2007, 10:00 AM
u wanna bet??? as an ex power lifter and aspiring teenage body builder whose trainer was mr. georgia in 95 i think i kno wat im talkin bout! hell professional bodybuilders usually put on 40-50lbs in off season 2 help. think about it, without fat in ur joints u wouldnt be able 2 lift anything remotely heavy, im not sayin 2 get fat but put on some fat, its easy enough 2 lose

B18CDELSLO
04-03-2007, 10:18 AM
and how are u gonna quote the last part of wat i said wen u kno the 1st part is true? y do u think they are taking weight gainers??? if they want instant muscle take roids, otherwise get some andro and eat 15 to 20grams of protein per pound per day!!! if u dont wanna beleive me dats kool, i kno wat im talkin bout and ive helped alot of my friends but do wat u do

s15driver
04-04-2007, 12:38 PM
increase how much protein you take in you should eat atleast your body weight in protein everyday, drink a protein shake before and immediatley after you work out you have to have the shake within 45 minutes after you work out and youll start to see yourself really grow

hydroshutter
04-04-2007, 12:53 PM
u wanna bet??? as an ex power lifter and aspiring teenage body builder whose trainer was mr. georgia in 95 i think i kno wat im talkin bout! hell professional bodybuilders usually put on 40-50lbs in off season 2 help. think about it, without fat in ur joints u wouldnt be able 2 lift anything remotely heavy, im not sayin 2 get fat but put on some fat, its easy enough 2 lose

If you knew what you were talking about, you wouldn't have told him to gain "fat". Fat CANNOT be "transformed" into muscle, so he would have to gain muscle by starting out with relatively heavy weights. Yes, I'd love to bet; How much money would you like to lose?

Also, your reference is like me saying, "I know all about the Legal System, my dad's an Attorney!" This is something a little kid would say. Just because someone has a friend who knows, doesn't mean YOU do. I'm in the Insurance business, does that mean my best friend knows as much as I do about Insurance. The answer is no. ;)

hydroshutter
04-04-2007, 12:55 PM
and how are u gonna quote the last part of wat i said wen u kno the 1st part is true? y do u think they are taking weight gainers??? if they want instant muscle take roids, otherwise get some andro and eat 15 to 20grams of protein per pound per day!!! if u dont wanna beleive me dats kool, i kno wat im talkin bout and ive helped alot of my friends but do wat u do

I really hope you haven't "helped" out a lot of people with the wrong way. I'd suggest you explore other things besides nutritional advice.

hydroshutter
04-04-2007, 12:56 PM
It's been fun owning you, but I must go. Please post some new material so I can pick it apart and crucify you on these forums.

B18CDELSLO
04-04-2007, 03:09 PM
i didnt say anything about transforming fat into muscle!!! i simply stated that if u have slightly more fat in ur joints u can push harder and longer, and my reference is ME. im not telling any1 2 get FAT, just sayin it allows u 2 build more muscle without some of the pains and injuries u could incure while lifting heavy to build muscle! And since you are trying 2 own me, im curious, how big are you? ive let myself go but when i was 17 i was a solid 260lbs with only 8% body fat