PDA

View Full Version : Need alignment

Flip
02-10-2007, 03:30 AM
Any suggestions or hookups on alignments? I need to get the 240 aligned but not looking to spend a lot of money since it will need alignment again shortly...

JDM onlyy
02-10-2007, 05:10 AM
lol i had a magazine that told u how to do ur own alignment..lol it seemed WAY more complicated than it should be...also had a friend that does it, dont know how to get in contact with him neither. sorry. u can always just ride on it like that for awhile since ur gonna get another alignment soon...well depends on how soon you're gonna get it done

Flip
02-10-2007, 05:22 AM
its eating away at the tires pretty good. I'm gonna give it a shot myself later today. I still want somewhere good to get it done tho later...

JDM onlyy
02-10-2007, 05:35 AM
its eating away at the tires pretty good. I'm gonna give it a shot myself later today. I still want somewhere good to get it done tho later...

Lol, cool. Let me know if it was hard for you or not. I'm pretty sure you can find an article on the net somewhere on how to do your own alignment. I read it in Super Street Magazine on how to do it. Maybe you can find something about it on their website. :goodjob:

Flip
02-10-2007, 05:40 AM
Lol, cool. Let me know if it was hard for you or not. I'm pretty sure you can find an article on the net somewhere on how to do your own alignment. I read it in Super Street Magazine on how to do it. Maybe you can find something about it on their website. :goodjob:

The factory service manual shows how to adjust it so I might just try eyeballing. I can usually tell really close... There was a link I had with procedures to check all of the measurements.

green91
02-10-2007, 08:37 AM
not trying to be a hater but theres no way you can get an alignment close enough by eye to quit eating tires, ive seen tires chop with toe out .2* and thats nearly impossible to distinguish by eye

ivansnow
02-10-2007, 08:58 AM
my boy can do it for 55 bucks

Flip
02-10-2007, 05:13 PM
not trying to be a hater but theres no way you can get an alignment close enough by eye to quit eating tires, ive seen tires chop with toe out .2* and thats nearly impossible to distinguish by eye

True but I'll be using some things to help...

Flip
02-10-2007, 05:14 PM
my boy can do it for 55 bucks

Where does he do it?

Flip
02-11-2007, 01:29 AM
This site is useless for anything related to cars...

GTScoob
02-11-2007, 02:11 AM
I'm going to take my car to Gran Turismo East for an alignment here in a couple weeks. There should be some decent mom and pop shop around there that'll do decent alignments for ~$30, I know of a good one down here on the southside. They'll at least get it within specs to keep it from eating tires, GTE will do a great performance alignment but costs $85 I think.

Flip
02-11-2007, 02:43 AM
I'm going to take my car to Gran Turismo East for an alignment here in a couple weeks. There should be some decent mom and pop shop around there that'll do decent alignments for ~$30, I know of a good one down here on the southside. They'll at least get it within specs to keep it from eating tires, GTE will do a great performance alignment but costs $85 I think.

Yah, when the car is completely set up I'll take it to GTE. I've been taking my cars there since I was 16. They know my whole family by name :). Great people...

I'm combining all the info from all the DIY threads i find and gonna get it close for a bit i guess. Might try to find somewhere that'll do it for $30 or so like you say... If anyone knows of one, chime in...