PDA

View Full Version : how to view postdata after submit

Flip
02-10-2007, 12:49 AM
ok most of you won't have any idea what im' talking about but if i got any fellow computer nerds out there, i'm trying to retreive the postdata from a form that submitted. Its POST method so its not in the URL...

I posted a LONG thread somewhere and it just errored cause i was not logged in. I can't use back since the post window was a popup. I can hit refresh on the page but it still errors... It does hoever try to repost the form data but still errors...

ANy ideas?

RandomGuy
02-10-2007, 09:51 AM
when you set the action to post its secure.. hence why credit card forms use that

the data goes to the CGI script or whatever its linked to... it'd be easier for you to somehow get into the CGI-BIN folder on the ftp site and find the file it links to (by checking source) but you probably cant access it because the permissions are set to only execute :(

theres NO way that i know of to extract the post data from the browser.. bc it just transmits to the cgi or php script at hand

Sol-Badguy
02-10-2007, 10:28 AM
I don't know. Mine's been screwing up too.

Sucks.

Flip
02-12-2007, 08:33 AM
I'm pretty sure it stores it in the cookie information. Juts not sure how to grab it...