PDA

View Full Version : windows xp help

ORGANIZATIONXIII
02-09-2007, 06:25 PM
finally got a monitor for my older PC that hasn't been fired up for years

come to find out I still have it password protected..

anyone that knows how to recover a password or reset it anyway without losing data please help me out

reps and monetary goods will be awarded to who helps me first

thanks

Nismo
02-09-2007, 06:48 PM
http://www.petri.co.il/forgot_administrator_password.htm

Thank you!

seksehowy
02-09-2007, 07:23 PM
er.... password to regular user account?
if not try this.
at logon screen hit alt +ctrl +del twice. and it'll show the regular win 2000 logon and put in administrator as user name and password blank. once on u can change the other passwords.

Nismo
02-09-2007, 08:54 PM
And my reps are where?! I accept paypal too!

ORGANIZATIONXIII
02-09-2007, 11:01 PM
I'm not at my apt but I will try these as soon as I get home

ORGANIZATIONXIII
02-10-2007, 12:39 AM
er.... password to regular user account?
if not try this.
at logon screen hit alt +ctrl +del twice. and it'll show the regular win 2000 logon and put in administrator as user name and password blank. once on u can change the other passwords.

I tried doing that, but it pops up a windows xp log and I typed in admin and nothing..

NISMO, I still can't seem to find what exactly it is, I see some extracting files I have to burn to a CD and then move on from there...

I'll try it tomorrow..

I'll rep you guys for now

ShooterMcGavin
02-10-2007, 01:04 AM
just pm'd u another method but it only works if u still have an xp cd...

Flip
02-10-2007, 01:12 AM
^ The XP cd is probly the easiest...

If you want to use the directions that Nismo sent you, just scroll to the bottom and download one of the free utilities. Of course you'll need another computer to set those up with first...

Let us know if you get stuck on something...

Stormhammer
02-10-2007, 02:27 AM
as soon as you turn the machine on hit F4, F6, and F8 repeteadly ( really only one works but it varies per motherboard so I do all 3 ) - it will then ask what mode you wanna boot in - go in under safe mode ( with networking ) and you cna login as the Administrator

once logged in safe mode, go to Control Panel, then User Accounts - you can either A) delete the old account or B) attempt at changing it

ORGANIZATIONXIII
02-10-2007, 04:47 PM
thanks stormhammer!

I appreciate it.. easy and PAIN free..

Stormhammer
02-10-2007, 05:19 PM
its what I do :D