PDA

View Full Version : R.I.P. Ricardo (Rico) Dicks

GGPIS3
02-09-2007, 09:06 AM
funeral arrangements:

Tuesday: open viewing now open to all

Wednesday: open to all.

__________________________________________________ ___________

a good friend of mine was shot in the back of the head last night in lawrenceville/suwanee. he passed away at about 8:30 this morning. please keep him and his family in your prayers. he will be missed soooo much. he was such a good kid... good hearted, genuine, free-spirited... he had a son too... i can't believe this.... im so sad... i dont even know what to say.

for those of you who know people by cars.. he used to have a blue civic si that was boosted, then bought a black sti which was dropped on stock gold wheels, and recently bought a silver IS.

i will miss you bro..

__________________________________________________ _______________
Man shot in Lawrenceville has died

By Phil Gast

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Published on: 02/08/07 11:33 PM
Latest briefs

* Man shot in Lawrenceville has died

A man shot Thursday night at a home near Lawrenceville has died, Gwinnett County police said Friday.

The shooting occurred about 8 p.m. Thursday at 2309 Five Forks Trickum Road, in a one-story, siding house near Moon Place Road.

A resident of the neighborhood behind the house reported hearing gunshots to an officer who was making a routine patrol there.

Police found Ricardo Santos Dicks, 21, lying on the floor of the home with gunshot wounds, police spokesman Cpl. Darren Moloney said.

Dicks, who Moloney said was a visitor at the house, was taken to Gwinnett Medical Center, where he died Friday morning.

A police crime scene van and other officers were still at the scene after 10:30 p.m. The residence was quiet Friday morning, with no cars in the driveway.

Investigators were interviewing three people who live at the residence, as well as neighbors. Moloney said he wasn’t sure whether the three residents were all home at the time of the shooting.

__________________________________________________ ________________

Jaimecbr900
02-09-2007, 09:10 AM
What happened?

Condolences. :(

PhAtBoYMr2
02-09-2007, 09:14 AM
damn man i will say a prayer for him, death is the hardest thing to deal with.

dan if you need anything homie, hit me up

Leisa
02-09-2007, 09:17 AM
Wow... My deepest sympathies go out to you, his friends and family

silversol
I am still in disbelief! I have know rico for years! he will be truely missed!

DrunkScotsman
sorry to hear the news , atleast he is in gods hands now

GGPIS3
02-09-2007, 09:23 AM
What happened?

Condolences. :(

from what i have heard... he was at a friends house chillin... one of the guys that lived there was at the gym and the other in his room.. i guess Rico was in the living room when the front door got kicked in... shots fired. he probably tried to run as the door got kicked... they found his body on the floor of the hallway. the guy that was in his room "somehow" escaped unharmed and from what i know, didn't see a thing.

neighbors heard the gunshot and then went to get some help.. whoever did this left him for dead... i dont know anything else. but to me, it seems like he was set up.

Nitro
02-09-2007, 09:23 AM
My Condolences bro.......... :(

Brett
02-09-2007, 09:29 AM
Very sorry for your loss.

Is this the shooting that was on the news last night?

GGPIS3
02-09-2007, 09:30 AM
Very sorry for your loss.

Is this the shooting that was on the news last night?

unfortunately yes.....

PhAtBoYMr2
02-09-2007, 09:35 AM
from what i have heard... he was at a friends house chillin... one of the guys that lived there was at the gym and the other in his room.. i guess Rico was in the living room when the front door got kicked in... shots fired. he probably tried to run as the door got kicked... they found his body on the floor of the hallway. the guy that was in his room "somehow" escaped unharmed and from what i know, didn't see a thing.

neighbors heard the gunshot and then went to get some help.. whoever did this left him for dead... i dont know anything else. but to me, it seems like he was set up.

Thats crazy man, Last time i was over you spoke of him. I guess you have to let god work and let him rest in peace. This is truly a horrible situation for anyone to deal with. I will keep his family and friends in my prayers

civic95
02-09-2007, 09:46 AM
Gwinnett is turning into Dekalb in a hurry. Sorry for your loss man.

superman
02-09-2007, 10:03 AM
R.I.P. RICO

Vteckidd
02-09-2007, 10:04 AM
it was a long night, so sad. RIco was over just the other day, the nicest person i have ever met, always willing to help, never had a care in the world.

you will be deeply missed

R.I.P

Nyteryder
02-09-2007, 10:05 AM
I knew him too, he was a very cool guy. My Condolences as well, hit me up later dAN

ShooterMcGavin
02-09-2007, 10:07 AM
damn he was just trying to sell those rims too...sux

accrdpusha
02-09-2007, 10:51 AM
Damn man, my condolences.

05Tib
02-09-2007, 10:54 AM

no joke, we all went to highschool together! damn what a sad day... cant believe this... he was good man... prayers for his family. hope someone is brought to justice over this

GGPIS3
02-09-2007, 10:59 AM
hope someone is brought to justice over this

i hope all those involved fucking die execution style. 2 bullets in the back of the head. eye for a fucking eye! fuck them bitches and fuck justice... they dont deserve to fucking live!!!!!! :2up: :2up: :2up: :2up: :2up:

05Tib
02-09-2007, 11:00 AM
by justice i meant punishment. please keep us informed of funeral stuff, if its open to friends or just a private thing.

Doppelgänger
02-09-2007, 11:05 AM
wholy shit!!!!! I just saw Rico a couple weeks ago on p.hill in the IS....wtf :( :( knew him for a few years. What is this world coming to ?

BiH1320
02-09-2007, 11:10 AM
what is this world getting to? :(

im really sorry to hear this man. i know it is tough to go through. hardest shit in the world..

Andy099
02-09-2007, 11:22 AM
good close friend, we went to school together, known him forever..this is a comeplete shock my prayers go out for him and his family

Corey99
02-09-2007, 11:29 AM
new this guy for a long time....it just doesnt seem real to me. rico you will be missed by many people. Don't worry, little Juice will be ok. My prayers go out to him and his family.

RandomGuy
02-09-2007, 11:31 AM
! did he work at the gwinnett place subaru or some car dealership? my condolences!

GGPIS3
02-09-2007, 11:35 AM
by justice i meant punishment. please keep us informed of funeral stuff, if its open to friends or just a private thing.

will do..

GGPIS3
02-09-2007, 11:36 AM
! did he work at the gwinnett place subaru or some car dealership? my condolences!

yeah.. hennesey lexus

RandomGuy
02-09-2007, 11:41 AM
crazy... life isn't a guaranteed thing ... hope the best for his family.

USDM CTR
02-09-2007, 01:11 PM
R.I.P RICO, he was a great and honest guy!!! a true import enthusiast, who owned si's, itr, sti, is300......... but a car is a car and is not worth anyone's life! ill miss you man and hope the best for rico's family!

Maniaç
02-09-2007, 01:14 PM
i just found out dan... Will called me up and told me what happened. im so sorry dude

RIP: Ricardo

TIGERJC
02-09-2007, 01:16 PM
R.I.P and I hope they find the person that killed him

Rican219
02-09-2007, 01:27 PM
Thats FUCKED UP

Sorry bout that the fucker that did it needs to die a slow death fucking fucker

SpeedMonkey
02-09-2007, 02:05 PM
you know... i still can't beleive he's gone.. i dont know how im gonna make it thru work.. rico was a fucking great guy... and i just cant find a way to understand what happpened to him.

he has left a son.. his woman, his family and good friends.. and all i can say is that i will pray for him.. and i'll miss him at times when i drive my STi.. i will remember racing rico for shits and giggles.. and in mind i guess he'll always be there.

chava_rx7
02-09-2007, 04:11 PM
i did not know him but nobody deserves to die like that especially when they got a family my condolences man.

05Tib
02-09-2007, 04:20 PM
anyone just catch the story on channel 2 news? made me sad to see his picture again on there happy and with his child and girl

superman
02-09-2007, 05:32 PM
here is the ajc link http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/metro/gwinnett/stories/2007/02/09/0210gwxshoot.html

R.I.P. RICO

GGPIS3
02-09-2007, 05:33 PM
how can they have no leads.. this is fucked up! i was at the shooting range today trying out different guns and i asked a few cops that were there if they had heard anything.... one of them said he heard it was gang related... and the others knew nothing... someone must know something that will help the case... i dont see how it could be gang related other than the people who shot him might have been in a gang.. but rico had no affiliations with any gangs. this is such fucking bullshit... i hope they hire some psychic detectives or something. if they can't do it on their own.. bring in those who can.

05Tib
02-09-2007, 05:42 PM
I can get in contact with a family friend who is a sheriff to see if i can find anything out

OG-Skinny
02-09-2007, 06:05 PM
I'm still in disbelief that he's no longer apart of our community. I've known Rico for some time now. Truly a very sad day for all of his close friends as well as acquantiances that new him. I made this if anyone else wants to rock it in their signature..

http://a728.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/6/l_f8f0c67a426134448e1283e34412f6ef.jpg

fight club
02-09-2007, 07:12 PM
i met rico a few months ago and the times i did chill with him he struck me as one of the most genuinely nice people i have ever met. he will be missed.

tony
02-09-2007, 07:48 PM
wow man I met him when he had his STi, my condolences to the friends and family.. I hate to see someone so young go like this, especially a father. It makes zero sense.. none.

jfman
02-09-2007, 08:09 PM

Is this the Rico I bought a four wheeler from ?

GGPIS3
02-09-2007, 08:52 PM
Is this the Rico I bought a four wheeler from ?

yeah... he was really into 4wheelers... it was probably him...

jfman
02-09-2007, 09:09 PM
yeah... he was really into 4wheelers... it was probably him...

Damn he looked like a good kid. Not the kind of guy that you would expect something like this to happen. i hope that they get to the bottom of this and that the killer gets what he deserves.

Prayers for the family.

deeze
02-09-2007, 09:36 PM
RIP. missing miss Juicie!! only known him for a couple of years at work and at first did not get along with him but then I got to know him better and he was always joking around, smiling, he would try his best to help out ...damn we were talking about his baby and such the day before his passing, still can't belive he is not around anymore, he will be missed it just wont be the same place without him around...
deepest sympathies goes out to his Family ..

BLK JDM
02-09-2007, 10:19 PM
Man this is the saddest thing I've heard in years. I'm sooo shocked. Rico had everything going for him.

It makes me appreciate the little that I have. Man this is one person that had EVERYTHING GOING FOR HIM!!

My condolences to his girl, his son that will never really know his father, and to his family.

The Yousef
02-09-2007, 11:02 PM
oooo...shit

he'll be in my prayers..
i'm sorry for your lost...

IndianStig
02-09-2007, 11:17 PM
I'm sorry for your loss. It's times like these when family and friends are very important, it seems like he was a great guy, one who touched a lot of people, may his soul rest in peace. RIP Rico

Buford®
02-09-2007, 11:58 PM
That's truely a shame to hear. I believe I met him before, a really good guy, real easy to get along with. Nobody deserves this, especially not him. I was about to buy his wheels, too. Dan, let us know about funeral information.

HeLLo iM iZzY
02-10-2007, 10:10 AM
I don't know him but from what I've read, he seems like a good guy.

R.I.P.

EVO21
02-10-2007, 11:18 AM
I've known Rico for a while know. Another friend, Rico and me used to live together. This was the nicest and most caring friend that I have had. I moved to Kentucky a couple months ago and I came down and saw him. Today I get the news and I cannot explain how this feels. I will be coming down today to see his family and friends. My prayers go to his family...I will see you soon.

thursdaybuff
02-10-2007, 12:57 PM
i didn't know the guy but i live up the street off moon place and i was sad to hear what happened. i hear he was a great guy. sorry to all his friends and family.. my condolences. R.I.P.

drmcivicsi
02-10-2007, 03:24 PM
he was a great guy, just saw him a few days ago. RIP HOMIE

GGPIS3
02-10-2007, 03:26 PM
heres an old pic of the back of rico's old sti and my IS when we went down to orlando... a few summers ago...

GGPIS3
02-10-2007, 03:27 PM
lol.. looks like he's in the background taking a piss.. thats my boy!

StupidBikerBoy
02-10-2007, 07:48 PM
R.I.P. Rico

WIKDLX
02-10-2007, 08:26 PM
We did not know him but definitely send our regards.

Very sad to hear

M1G & WIKDLX

tcvvti
02-10-2007, 09:26 PM
Rico is a great person with a good heart. He was the person that would give you the shirt off his back if you needed it. He his helped me out countless times. This still seems so unreal. I will miss his juicey smile dat he always on his face. No matter how shity things was he always managed to make you smile. We will miss you Juicey. R.I.P homie. May the fucker that did this burn forever in hell.

KA98S10
02-10-2007, 09:59 PM
wow.. i just worked on his car the other day at DTC nice guy.. Prayers for him and his family.

BlueHatch
02-10-2007, 11:52 PM
Rip to my mother fucking homeboy. cardo was one of the best friends i ever had. this shit makes no fucking sense. i have cried a million tears and i miss my friend. JUICY

Andy099
02-11-2007, 04:51 AM
RIP- Rico

2.3 Evo 8
02-11-2007, 06:58 AM
RIP Rico

They will find who did this. The people who live there must know something. Its only a matter of time before one of them cracks and the truth comes out.

Dan, call me if you need anything.

deeze
02-11-2007, 08:16 AM

News Obituary Listing
Graveside service, noon Wednesday, Gwinnett Memorial Park; Wages & Sons Funeral Home, Gwinnett Chapel.

GGPIS3
02-11-2007, 10:27 AM
goddammit i miss u rico.... every time i turn on the fucking tv theres someone getting shot and killed... i just can't watch tv... every time i look around the house i can see you just chillin with me..... laughin your ass off or talking some shit... i still can't believe this shit. its killin me inside. tears are for the weak but i can't help it. i miss my boy.

GGPIS3
02-11-2007, 11:16 AM
just found a pic of him on myspace... i can just hear him sayin.... "JUICY"

http://myspace-949.vo.llnwd.net/00921/94/96/921566949_l.jpg

Kevykev
02-11-2007, 11:24 AM
Damn some sad shit that will continually hit us!

Hope the low lives that did this get dealt with!

My condolences.

2turbo4u
02-11-2007, 11:40 AM
I didn't know him, but my heart and prayers go out to him and his family and friends on I.A.!

God Bless

r6slayer
02-11-2007, 11:54 AM
R.I.P Rico. Can't believe your gone. Just talked to you not too long ago.

I live just down the street from the house it happened at. Not even half a mile. I saw all the cops there, and an ambulance pulling off but didn't think anything of it. I'm on my way back home at about 4 a.m., and I see the driveway taped off and a camera van across the street....i'm thinkin , damn something serious must have happened. Didn't even find out until the following day that I was driving past my friend, who was fighting for his life.
R.I.P, brother.

GGPIS3
02-11-2007, 12:25 PM
^^^^ i feel your pain...

i would see rico anywhere from 3-7 times a week. he would sleep over on my couch usually at least 2 times a week... and when i lived at my old crib, he slept over about 4-5 times a week since i lived right behind his work. he loved to call me around 10:30 am knowing i was still asleep, but would always try to wake me up to go eat lunch with him. alot of times, he would just pick lunch up and bring it over...

we were also in the process of building his IS with a GT-35R... it would have been a monster... he wanted to run around 500 rwhp on pump gas daily driven.

man this shit is soooo hard to deal with... its not like i haven't dealt with death before... just never had a close friend lose their life due to murder. that is something i just can't get over. dont know if i ever will......

Buford®
02-11-2007, 12:40 PM
See if you can follow through with his dream of building his car. It'll take some time to do, but you know he'd like that. Projects in memory of people are always the best ones.

JackMaster
02-11-2007, 01:24 PM
*JUICY*... Dude used to crack me up. Probably one of the few that could keep up with my shit-talkin, and trust me, Im good. He used to call me "boo", and I used to tell him to save that shit for his girl... Haha... Just so many random thoughts... Anyway, I only knew Rico for probably less than 2 years and there arent that many people that I have allowed to get close to me in such a short period of time. We both used to crash at Dan's house 2 sometimes upto 4 nights a week, and talk about the most random shit, future plans, savin up some "stacks" to get into a business, family and just life in general. He was such a good guy, always talkin so highly of his girl, his baby and his parents. It kills me to talk about him in the past tense... I love you dog and I'll be there on wednesday to help send you home.

Dracc
02-11-2007, 01:30 PM
I just want to say RIP rico.. meet him at the publix on five forks and sugar loaf.. iwas coming home from my girls house and saw the tv vans that morning. and the crime scene unit vans and i was wondering who's house that was and went to work latter that morning i saw it on the news.. and i was like GOT damnit i don't believe this shit.. i just meet him the other day.. sad man.. RIP brotha..

ahmonrah
02-11-2007, 03:45 PM
now...that's fucked up. i've had close friends go that way also....bruh i'm sorry to hear this. stay up man, as much as that seems impossible right now. but the mofos that are responsible will be dealt with.

Vteckidd
02-11-2007, 03:52 PM
we will update this with more info as it becomes available.

i think they are trying to have the Funeral on WEDNESDAY.

lcoation and time will be posted soon

Tuan
02-11-2007, 04:46 PM
I think i met him a couple times but not sure if it is him. Did he have a white girlfriend that had a silver 350z? if so his grl use to work at bestbuy with me.

TheSnail
02-11-2007, 05:04 PM
Damn. I think it was him I met 1year ago. He had a black sti with a forsale sign on it. He was ridding with the turbo IS and a celica gts. I raced him like 5-6times in a blue s13 hatch. Then we all wound up at bp to talk about it. GGPIS3, Correct me if wrong but, that was Rico and you were the IS (You ended up racing a red supra). Either way that is crazy, RIP.

BlueHatch
02-11-2007, 06:00 PM
service is wed at 12 viewing is tues 5-8pm spent some time at his folks house today mama said she is burying him in a pink polo shirt and some jeans cause it just wasnt like rico to wear a suit. the name of the place is in the obituaries on ajc .com i forgot the name of it. its seemed like it helped us all to sit around and tell storys about him and all the cars he crashed and who was with him when he crashed it and the ridiculous story he came up with about how he crashed it. by the way dan i know rico cared alot for you man you should feel good about the relationship you guys had he always talked about you and that bad ass is. ive been trying the think about the fun times like when he would turn off my traction control the rear end would come flyin around and id get the car straight look over at rico mad as hell and he'd be smilin and say "Ha HA Juicy!"

JackMaster
02-11-2007, 07:14 PM
ive been trying the think about the fun times like when he would turn off my traction control the rear end would come flyin around and id get the car straight look over at rico mad as hell and he'd be smilin and say "Ha HA Juicy!"

LOL... That is soooo Rico right there. I got a similar story... We went out on a random Thursday night a couple months ago. At that time I think the silver IS was in the shop so we ended up goin out in a IS350 he borrowed from work. At the end of the night, he was too tired to drive home so I ended up driving the whip... The whole ride home, whe was backseat driving like a mofo, and honestly it was getting annoying as hell... Then out of nowhere on W. Peachtree, there was a HUGE pot hole, I mean it wasnt even a pothole, it was like a 4ft by 4ft section of the pavement that was missing. I slammed on the brakes so hard, the ABS was goin, tires screeching. Thank god I got the car to stop before we hit it, I looked over at Rico, expecting some more trash-talking and all he did was say "hahaha. Juuuuicy, good brakes huh?"... hahaha. I got so many stupid, little funny memories with that guy.

deeze
02-11-2007, 07:25 PM
we will update this with more info as it becomes available.

i think they are trying to have the Funeral on WEDNESDAY.

lcoation and time will be posted soon

Ricardo S. Dicks
News Obituary Listing

RICARDO S. DICKS, 22, of Braselton died Friday. Graveside service, noon Wednesday, Gwinnett Memorial Park; Wages & Sons Funeral Home, Gwinnett Chapel.
Published in The Atlanta Journal-Constitution on 2/11/2007.

Sibious
02-11-2007, 08:33 PM
didnt know the guy, but sorry for what happen. well all will be thinking and praying for him.

05Tib
02-11-2007, 08:35 PM
thanks bluehatch and deeze for the info. anyone got an address on the funeral home? i cant find it online. Is this meet at the funeral home at noon or at the graveside at noon?

Sibious
02-11-2007, 08:36 PM
he seems like a cool ass happy go guy.

sleepin240
02-11-2007, 09:25 PM
Wow. its B.S. how you see him one day and the next, i cant even get in touch with him. I feel for Caleb, Laura, and his family. We had some crazy times i will never forget. I miss the "WHOMPERS" and the "JUICY" that came out of his mouth every second he had a chance to say something. We will be arranging a group ride down 85 to his house and back to Gwinnett in memories of my long lost friend Ricardo Dicks. Look at our picture. He was a very happy father and an awesome friend. What a fucked up world!

JackMaster
02-11-2007, 09:37 PM
Just trying to clear up any confusion:

Funeral Service
Wednesday
Gwinnett Memorial Park
925 Lawrenceville Hwy
Lawrenceville, GA 30045-4705, US
12 Noon

Vteckidd
02-11-2007, 09:42 PM
Viewing is open ONLY to CLOSE FAMILY AND FRIENDS. ive been asked to state that.

Funeral is open to the public

JackMaster
02-11-2007, 09:50 PM
word. My bad mike

Fast Shadow
02-11-2007, 11:42 PM
That is so horrible and fucked up.. I am dead serious when I say this, keep a gun at arm's reach at all times if you're going to live in this town.

SpeedMonkey
02-12-2007, 02:17 AM
i first met Rico back when me and him had STi wars... he'd talk shit to me and i'd talk shit right back.... finally after i realized taht this guy i'd see at car meets.. was also a friend of a good friend of mine.. i gave him a chance.. and he took over rather well.. sometimes he'd invite me to go places to eat.. and never failed to say "wassaaaah will" when he'd see me out and i didnt notice him, though most of the time i never had the time to go eat/hang ..he always showed up at the car meets i told him about.. he was there for me more than i was for him.. this hurts so bad i can only imagine what Dan who was alot closer to him is feeling.. the world is not always a happy place.. Good people die over bullshit.. it happens.. it sucks that it had to happen to Rico.. i will get off wednesday to go to his funeral.. i have to make it.

jamaicanDM
02-12-2007, 02:36 AM
RIP man...blessings to you your family friends and you lil boy

ahmonrah
02-12-2007, 05:27 AM
man, as much as i'd like to pay my respects to him...i simply can't go. i've seen him a couple times @ sunday meets but i've been to too many funerals recently...can't look at another mother in pain for their son.

05Tib
02-12-2007, 06:21 AM
i met Rico way back in highschool. I remember back when he first got the SI and we were all getting into cars. He had some stuff done and remote start on the car and everytime someone would ask what he had done to it, he would say, "nothing really mannn... just some stuff".

Doppelgänger
02-12-2007, 07:40 AM
i met Rico way back in highschool. I remember back when he first got the SI and we were all getting into cars. He had some stuff done and remote start on the car and everytime someone would ask what he had done to it, he would say, "nothing really mannn... just some stuff".

ahh the Blue Si of deth. I remember that car very well... as the STi too :(

GGPIS3
02-12-2007, 10:38 AM
one of the first times i met rico was on satellite going toward hennesey lexus from p.hill. he pulled up on me and we caught the light at the qt. he asked me if i wanted to run and i said you're crazy.. you know how many cops are on this road... he said... so what?

lol... so i kept saying no, shaking my head... the light turns green.. and i did the dirty dirty... i gun 1st gear knowing he's making more power in that turbo blue SI.. but i beat him off the line cuz he wasnt expecting it... shift into 2nd.. still ahead but toward the end of 2nd he starts reeling me in.... so naturally i let off and put the hazards on..
maybe next time buddy ;)

but really when i think about him... i keep picturing how he would fall asleep in the most awkward positions. it wouldn't matter if he's sitting straight up with both of my dogs in his arms.. or if he was half falling of the couch... he could fall asleep anywhere. boy had skills.

EVO21
02-12-2007, 11:00 AM
Just got back from his Mama's house (his mom's house) and got to see a lot of good friends and family. His mom was like my second mom. I used to spend the night over at Rico's for like 5 months straight every night. His mom didn't care and neither did Rico. We used to stay up late planning for future mods for our cars and future business plans to be successful in life. Dan I only met you once or twice but when we talked about street racing he always brought up your car and the status of it. It's hard not to think about it and it sucks that I could not have been there when all this happened. It just makes me feel that if I have not have moved something might have been different or would have changed. Anyways everyone knows that I have cried my ass off the last couple of days. Rico I miss you so much ...you were like my brother and I will always miss you. R.I.P. bro.

Marc

Kevykev
02-12-2007, 11:35 AM
Wow, he was in the life of many, make sit even more saddening to hear all of these stories.

I bought some SI wheels of of him for me del sol back in like '04, he would always contact me for tire quotes - seemed like a pretty cool guy.

Very Very sad indeed.

Tracy
02-12-2007, 11:43 AM
sorry about your friend. That's a terrible story. RIP.

Xrated
02-12-2007, 12:33 PM
I worked with rico, AND WAS GOOD FRIENDS WITH HIM AS WELL,I just can't begin to describe how hurt I am by this! I talked to him the day this happened to LAUGHING AND JOKING AROUND, and it just isn't the same without him around! me and rico also went to school together and had many good times! Ill never forget that time we were cruising down 285 heading downtown and rico had his civic si then and there were three of us each doing about a bill ten and rico got away but the cop nabbed both me and another guy!fun times AND I will always have him and his family in my thoughts and prayers!RIP BRO I'M GOING TO MISS YOU MAN!

GGPIS3
02-12-2007, 01:10 PM
thanks to everyone for their support and sharing stories. im sure it helps just a little bit to hear everyones memories and to try and bring together some of rico's friends.

i would like to set up a "meet" per say for everyone that knew rico. it won't be a grieving type of meet but more of a rememberance of who he was. if rico was around, there were always good times. so i think it would only be appropriate to get his friends together to all chill and talk about the JUICY memories we had with him.

i will post more info after the funeral.

B16a2 Civic
02-12-2007, 01:14 PM
thanks to everyone for their support and sharing stories. im sure it helps just a little bit to hear everyones memories and to try and bring together some of rico's friends.

i would like to set up a "meet" per say for everyone that knew rico. it won't be a grieving type of meet but more of a rememberance of who he was. if rico was around, there were always good times. so i think it would only be appropriate to get his friends together to all chill and talk about the JUICY memories we had with him.

i will post more info after the funeral.

RIP
let me know if you do the meet, if you make the thread i will sticky it in the events forum

r6slayer
02-12-2007, 03:01 PM
I'll never forget the time me, Rico, and Marc were chillin in his garage workin on the bike and he was trying to explain to us why he only dated white chicks...haha. Good times. My prayers go out to all of you guys who were his family and friends...Seems like they are one in the same. If you were his friend, you were also family.

Hondasi
02-12-2007, 04:02 PM
[QUOTE=GGPIS3]^^^^ i feel your pain...

i would see rico anywhere from 3-7 times a week. he would sleep over on my couch usually at least 2 times a week... and when i lived at my old crib, he slept over about 4-5 times a week since i lived right behind his work. he loved to call me around 10:30 am knowing i was still asleep, but would always try to wake me up to go eat lunch with him. alot of times, he would just pick lunch up and bring it over... QUOTE]

you lived in the apartments right next to lexus? i use to meet him over there all the time and before i left the country in jan. he calld me telling me he was over on five forks at the same house and wanted to drop by since it was near but i was to busy. wish i wouldnt had been working that day and he was almost ready to buy his lady/wife a 3 ct canary dia. from me for 15g. he had everything going for him and ill miss you bro, my best wishes for his family.

jvillagran2000
02-12-2007, 04:21 PM
I met Rico through Dan(GGPIS3) he was always getting parts for Dan from his work.He was a very mellow person and a very hard worker,I saw him at Lexus a few times and would always be hustling.He definetly will be missed.

R.I.P Ricardo(Rico)Dicks

tony
02-12-2007, 07:09 PM
This one has been on my mind the past couple of days, its truly bothering me and I'll explain that in a second. Since everyone is sharing memories I guess I should pay my respects.

In life I imagine any man would be flattered by the idea that your memory is in the mind of people you never knew. I didn't know Rico, didnt know his name until this thread so there is no front like I was a close friend. What I do remember though is seeing a kid with a nice ass STi (which influenced me to buy one after selling my G) and had confidence.. if there was one thing I do remember he just did not back down. Which initially had me thinking he was an ass but that is only because he was not backing down from a friend of mine, I never said it but I completely respected him for standing his ground.

And I respect any man who steps up to the plate and be a father, which is why the idea of "no leads" is bothering me. The picture of his child looks eerily similar to a picture of me holding my son when he was born and it hit me hard. After seeing this I sat up all night thinking, wondering, and wishing there was something I could do to help. I saw his family on the news and I am so sorry for the loss, at the least I will pray for him, his family and his child.

WickedIXMR
02-12-2007, 07:36 PM
damn.....this shit is so fucked up.....words cant even explain. Everything happens for a reason and karma will kick that guy who killed him in the ass. I really hope they catch the guy and i hope he gets what he deserves
RIP RICO

1SICKLEX
02-12-2007, 07:50 PM
funeral arrangements:

Tuesday: open viewing ONLY FOR FAMILY and CLOSEST OF FRIENDS

Wednesday: open to all.

__________________________________________________ ___________

a good friend of mine was shot in the back of the head last night in lawrenceville/suwanee. he passed away at about 8:30 this morning. please keep him and his family in your prayers. he will be missed soooo much. he was such a good kid... good hearted, genuine, free-spirited... he had a son too... i can't believe this.... im so sad... i dont even know what to say.

for those of you who know people by cars.. he used to have a blue civic si that was boosted, then bought a black sti which was dropped on stock gold wheels, and recently bought a silver IS.

i will miss you bro..

__________________________________________________ _______________
Man shot in Lawrenceville has died

By Phil Gast

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Published on: 02/08/07 11:33 PM
Latest briefs

* Man shot in Lawrenceville has died

A man shot Thursday night at a home near Lawrenceville has died, Gwinnett County police said Friday.

The shooting occurred about 8 p.m. Thursday at 2309 Five Forks Trickum Road, in a one-story, siding house near Moon Place Road.

A resident of the neighborhood behind the house reported hearing gunshots to an officer who was making a routine patrol there.

Police found Ricardo Santos Dicks, 21, lying on the floor of the home with gunshot wounds, police spokesman Cpl. Darren Moloney said.

Dicks, who Moloney said was a visitor at the house, was taken to Gwinnett Medical Center, where he died Friday morning.

A police crime scene van and other officers were still at the scene after 10:30 p.m. The residence was quiet Friday morning, with no cars in the driveway.

Investigators were interviewing three people who live at the residence, as well as neighbors. Moloney said he wasn’t sure whether the three residents were all home at the time of the shooting.

__________________________________________________ ________________

My condolences Dan. Very sorry to hear this.

GGPIS3
02-12-2007, 09:18 PM
just got back from Rico's parents house... it was sooooo hard to stay up in spirits but i felt i had to try my best. you could tell everyone was at the brink of breaking down but trying to stay strong to show their support for his family. his mom... wow.. shes amazing. she kept her head up and shared many wonderful memories of her son. she kept us laughing for over an hour straight. it was really weird having to meet his parents in this setting... but they treated me like family. Rico spoke of me all the time because they would always ask him where he was going at 11pm at night and he would always say on his way to my house since i lived closer to his work. im glad i finally got to meet them and i can see where rico got all of his good traits from.

tomorrow and the following day are going to be pretty rough. i hope everyone that comes to his viewing and his funeral will stay strong cuz if you knew Rico.. thats how he'd want you to be. he'd want you to race on the way there. race on the way back and never look back.

it was good seeing some of his friends tonight and again meeting his parents and some others in his family. everyone needs to stay strong for his family. God is with him now... and probably losing a race to him as i type this.

StocknSlow
02-12-2007, 09:18 PM
Rico was one of a kind. One of the most chilled, laid back homies I've had the pleasure of meeting.. Homeboy was over every other night. We could make a ruckus playing Madden or Fight Night.. You couldn't disturb his deaf ass on the couch passed out. The memories of him will forever be remembered. Rico, my man, this is not a goodbye. Our paths will cross again once more. RIP brother, we'll see ya soon.

GGPIS3
02-13-2007, 09:53 AM
if you plan on attending the funeral... blue was Rico's favorite color and Polo was his favorite label. if you have a blue polo, wear it for Rico.

GGPIS3
02-13-2007, 01:31 PM
the viewing tonight is now open to everyone.

OG-Skinny
02-13-2007, 02:00 PM
I'ma try and make it tonight to the Viewing, hoping to catch alot of the gang from HS to decied on what to wear to the funeral. I wish i had a blue polo. Dan, know anyone that's got one i could sport? If not i'm gonna wear a shirt and tie affair for wednesday.

05Tib
02-13-2007, 02:00 PM
the viewing tonight is now open to everyone.

thanks for the updates along the way.

ill be there tomorrow, noon, gwinnett memorial park

GGPIS3
02-13-2007, 02:31 PM
I'ma try and make it tonight to the Viewing, hoping to catch alot of the gang from HS to decied on what to wear to the funeral. I wish i had a blue polo. Dan, know anyone that's got one i could sport? If not i'm gonna wear a shirt and tie affair for wednesday.

what size do you wear? but if i were you, i would just go out and buy one and then you would always remember Rico when you wear it.

blackboi50
02-13-2007, 03:12 PM
RIP Ricardo.......gonna miss ya bro..........one minute u here next minute your gone!!!!!!!............1

Black Mamba
02-13-2007, 05:58 PM
was his name RicoSi in here? if it was... RIP Rico..

OG-Skinny
02-13-2007, 06:04 PM
was his name RicoSi in here? if it was... RIP Rico..
Yep, that was Ricardo.

OG-Skinny
02-13-2007, 06:26 PM
I was thinking.. Of getting everyone with an import/enthusiest to meet up tomorrow morning at the Carwash/Bojangles @ 29 and sugerloaf to arrange a full ride in to the funeral tomorrow for Rico. Just a thought. i'd say 11-11:30, then ride to the funeral @ 11:45.

05Tib
02-13-2007, 09:03 PM
good showing tonight at the viewing... watching that picture video sent me to tears.

i would like to join in the ride out, but my car is in the shop and I am in a rental, Grand Prix, so hopefully i can just catch a ride with a friend is a lil nicer car

sleepin240
02-13-2007, 11:01 PM
Got to see my boy after everyone had left and it didn't even look like him. it really bothered me, but his mother told me to be strong bc that is how rico would have wanted us to be. RIP RICO. "JUICY" im in the process of trying to buy his girls' Durango so she can take over the payments for the IS300. we will build it the way he wanted us to. Dan knows whats up.

Dracc
02-13-2007, 11:16 PM
man i'm gonna really try to make it tomorrow.. i'm out of town right now in North carolina i'm gonna push it and try and make the ride tomorrow... I've only meet him once but seems like he was a cool guy... damn this is messed up

SpeedMonkey
02-14-2007, 03:34 AM
i have a black polo.. i'll wear it. i'll show up in a black polo and jeans. do i have black pants? yes.. but rico would have said "fuck them pants.. wear the jeans". like rico.. it'll be polo/jeans

05Tib
02-14-2007, 06:07 AM
Got to see my boy after everyone had left and it didn't even look like him. it really bothered me, but his mother told me to be strong bc that is how rico would have wanted us to be. RIP RICO. "JUICY" im in the process of trying to buy his girls' Durango so she can take over the payments for the IS300. we will build it the way he wanted us to. Dan knows whats up.

let me know if u need any help along the way

LeX
02-14-2007, 07:36 AM
Damn i didn't know him but he sounds like a complete stand up guy and whoever did this better suffer for however many lifetimes they think they'll live. My prayers will go out to him and his family

GGPIS3
02-14-2007, 09:56 AM
i wish this was just one of those times he would just up and disappear on us... he would say i'll be over in 20 minutes and then straight disappear for 3 days. no calls nothing. and then out of the blue.. bam he's at our door.. walks in like nothing happened... ha ha juicy.. lol and then u just forget about being pissed at him for dissing for 3 straight days.

seeing his casket was pretty hard to deal with.... i tried to stay strong but i just broke down with laura at my side. i thougth it was a really cute touch having the Lexus and Honda emblems on the casket... rico would have liked that alot.. too bad we couldn't put 19's and a body kit on it too.

well.. about to head out to see him go home for good... i'll miss you man... caleb will be fine... he's got alot of us around. we'll meet again. i promise.

r6slayer
02-14-2007, 06:40 PM
Wish I could have made it this morning. Work wouldn't let me off because he wasn't "immediate family"...b.s. God Bless you Rico, and your Family.

05Tib
02-14-2007, 08:31 PM
i did ok, just a few tears, until i saw his mom loose it at the end and i couldnt take it and went to tears

SpeedMonkey
02-15-2007, 12:34 AM
yes... it was cool seeing alot of people out there that i didnt think knew him. a mother should never have to bury her son. but things happen.. you can never be too careful you have to grow up and take precautions... this could have happened for the dumbest reasons. i know i've said it to all my friends on here.. but seriously... i dont want to lose any of you over some bullshit.. god bless.. i love you all.

peachez
02-15-2007, 08:24 AM
Dan, I am a very, very, close cousin and friend (from South Carolina) of Ricardo's sister Tajuana and "Cardo"(Rico). Before he left Fairfax, SC and moved to Altanta, Ga our family called him "Cardo" (also short for Ricardo). So, I've known Rico since he was a little kid (5 or 6 years old)...he and Robin were cute as a button. His mother (who I call aunt Diane was like my second mother away from home) and his father Robert (who we call "Bazzle") has alawys taken my sister and me on all their family trips and vacations when Tajuana and I were in middle school and high school, so Tajuana, Ty, Rico and Robin are like my brothers and sisters. For some reason though, Rico always had this distinct personality about himself that none of aunt Diane's kids ever had. God has a plan for us all and for that reason, I know his plan for Cardo (Rico)was no mistake when he called on him Friday morning. I do hope the heartless, sick animal, (and all accomplices involved) that did this to our baby is sick right now..can't eat..sleep..or think is bought to justice...b/c someone knows something, including the people of the home!!!! Words of advice, you will reap what you sew!

GGPIS3
02-15-2007, 11:24 AM
Dan, I am a very, very, close cousin and friend (from South Carolina) of Ricardo's sister Tajuana and "Cardo"(Rico). Before he left Fairfax, SC and moved to Altanta, Ga our family called him "Cardo" (also short for Ricardo). So, I've known Rico since he was a little kid (5 or 6 years old)...he and Robin were cute as a button. His mother (who I call aunt Diane was like my second mother away from home) and his father Robert (who we call "Bazzle") has alawys taken my sister and me on all their family trips and vacations when Tajuana and I were in middle school and high school, so Tajuana, Ty, Rico and Robin are like my brothers and sisters. For some reason though, Rico always had this distinct personality about himself that none of aunt Diane's kids ever had. God has a plan for us all and for that reason, I know his plan for Cardo (Rico)was no mistake when he called on him Friday morning. I do hope the heartless, sick animal, (and all accomplices involved) that did this to our baby is sick right now..can't eat..sleep..or think is bought to justice...b/c someone knows something, including the people of the home!!!! Words of advice, you will reap what you sew!

i agree with you completely... someone knows something.. someone has to know something. the question is who and why the hell aren't they coming forward?

btw..whats your name? and you're right about Rico.. he most definitely had a distinct personality.. kinda like a light thats alway brightens a room.

peachez
02-15-2007, 02:16 PM
i agree with you completely... someone knows something.. someone has to know something. the question is who and why the hell aren't they coming forward?

btw..whats your name? and you're right about Rico.. he most definitely had a distinct personality.. kinda like a light thats alway brightens a room.

I'm his cousin Wanda and the reason no one has come forward is due to a guilty conscious, envy. I was at the house on Saturday and at the funeral on yesterday, so I'm sure we saw one another. It was such a blessing to see so many different nationalities that (Rico) inspired (blacks, whites, chinese, asian, korean, etc). Once again there was something special about him.

05Tib
02-15-2007, 02:35 PM
there was, just look at the number of people, the races of people (as mentioned) and the age of people there. There were people like me who were around that 19-21 range, people who graduated a few years before us around 24-25 and then u had people even older into 30's and 40's. He was a great person that u couldnt help but like after u got to know him.

GGPIS3
02-15-2007, 03:28 PM
i wish i took the time to look around a little more.. i guess i was a bit out of it. not quite all there if you know what i mean. i remember seeing a large crowd... and then when i looked up again, most everyone had already started to walk away. i wanted to stay longer, but i know Rico wouldn't want me to freeze my ass off knowing how much he disliked the cold. i will go back on a warmer day and spend some time with him...

he was doing incredible for his age.... he had accomplished so much... more than what most twice his age have done. He had that special aura where everything he touched turned to gold. he touched many peoples lives and brought alot of happiness into the world. he will be remembered and loved till the end of time.

05Tib
02-15-2007, 04:04 PM
i wish i took the time to look around a little more.. i guess i was a bit out of it. not quite all there if you know what i mean. i remember seeing a large crowd... and then when i looked up again, most everyone had already started to walk away. i wanted to stay longer, but i know Rico wouldn't want me to freeze my ass off knowing how much he disliked the cold. i will go back on a warmer day and spend some time with him...

i managed to look around a few times. im really tall (6'5" or 6'6") so i was up there enough to see and when they asked us all to step back a little is when i looked around. It still doesnt seem real to me... doesnt seem like it was him in there. having it closed took away from it some for me, made it easier to deal with i guess is that way to put it.

deeze
02-15-2007, 06:04 PM
I saw "Little Rico" Caleb at work where his mom brought him , as I was walking by I call his name then go JUICY!! his eyes wide open, just follow me there for a minute!! in a way Rico still with us just except in peewee size ....

peachez
02-16-2007, 08:08 AM
there was, just look at the number of people, the races of people (as mentioned) and the age of people there. There were people like me who were around that 19-21 range, people who graduated a few years before us around 24-25 and then u had people even older into 30's and 40's. He was a great person that u couldnt help but like after u got to know him.

You are absolutely right about the different age groups as well. I am a close cousin and friend who is 30, and the impact Rico had and still has on us all is unbelievable! You all are alot younger than Tajuana (his sister) and I am and you have a lot to live for because death has no age group anymore! We all will do the silliest, stupidiest things in our lives between the ages of 17-22. With this being said, enjoy your lives to the fullest....move forward and don't look back b/c this is what Rico would want. My grandmother always told us to be very mindful of the company you keep...everyone whom we think are our friends doesn't mean us well. Just remember that Rico is free now...and until our time comes, we are the ones who will be living in pain. His work here is complete and I must say to RICO...JOB WELL DONE! So let's prepare ourselves to meet him again...for one day (could be tomorrow, next week, next month, in 6 months or next year), we will be doing this all over again. So let this be a lesson to us all because death is the absolute only thing we can't escape!

Also, please keep in touch with auntie Diane (his mother). If you knew Rico like you say you do, then you would want to keep in touch with her. They were very close and they both have the same traits...good looks, willingness to help anyone, loving and caring, etc..They have always been the most genuine people anyone could ever meet.

R.I.P...Ricardo ("Cardo") Dicks. The nickname"Rico" is cute but "Cardo" will always be my nickname for him.

Wanda

GGPIS3
02-16-2007, 11:04 AM
hey Wanda...

i am also one of his older friends.. turning 31 next month. Even though Rico had a mind of his own and was doing pretty well, i still felt compelled to share whatever wisdom i could with him. he was a bit stubburn at times and hard to get through, but you just had to know how to argue/debate with him. He would try to find the weirdest examples that didn't prove anything lol. I always tried to help elevate him and provide support to his ideas of success and how to get there. we always talked about different business ideas and i would push his mind to think past the tree and to see the forest.

we had plans of starting our first business together... but never got around to putting it down on paper and moving forward. we were both in our own little worlds thinking we had all the time in the world. well.. for those of you reading this... CARPE DIEM! if you dont know what that means... GET OFF YOUR ASS AND SEIZE THE DAY! dont wait for tomorrow, cuz you dont know if tomorrow will be there. Live for today.

You are absolutely right about the different age groups as well. I am a close cousin and friend who is 30, and the impact Rico had and still has on us all is unbelievable! You all are alot younger than Tajuana (his sister) and I am and you have a lot to live for because death has no age group anymore! We all will do the silliest, stupidiest things in our lives between the ages of 17-22. With this being said, enjoy your lives to the fullest....move forward and don't look back b/c this is what Rico would want. My grandmother always told us to be very mindful of the company you keep...everyone whom we think are our friends doesn't mean us well. Just remember that Rico is free now...and until our time comes, we are the ones who will be living in pain. His work here is complete and I must say to RICO...JOB WELL DONE! So let's prepare ourselves to meet him again...for one day (could be tomorrow, next week, next month, in 6 months or next year), we will be doing this all over again. So let this be a lesson to us all because death is the absolute only thing we can't escape!

Also, please keep in touch with auntie Diane (his mother). If you knew Rico like you say you do, then you would want to keep in touch with her. They were very close and they both have the same traits...good looks, willingness to help anyone, loving and caring, etc..They have always been the most genuine people anyone could ever meet.

R.I.P...Ricardo ("Cardo") Dicks. The nickname"Rico" is cute but "Cardo" will always be my nickname for him.

Wanda

GGPIS3
02-16-2007, 01:37 PM
please come show your love and support for Rico and Caleb....

http://forums.importatlanta.com/showthread.php?p=35475136#post35475136

sleepin240
02-16-2007, 02:09 PM
RICO LIVED A FAST PACED LIFE AND HE ACCOMPLISHED MANY THINGS IN LIFE. HE WOULD ALWAYS TALK ABOUT STARTING ALL KINDS OF BUSINESSES AND WAYS TO MAKE IT BIG. I KNOW HE WOULD HAVE BEEN A REAL SUCCESSFULL BUSINESS MAN AND FATHER TO CALEB. YALL ARE RIGHT BECAUSE HE DID HAVE A SOFT HEART FOR OTHERS. HE ALWAYS WOULD MAKE EVERYBODY FEEL BETTER WITH HIS CRAZY COMMENTS AND JOKES, JUICY... HOPEFULLY ALL THE THINGS HE BOUGHT LIKE HIS HOUSE, CARS, TOYS, AND EVERYTHING DOES NOT GET SOLD BECAUSE HE TRIED SO HARD TO ATTAIN THESE THINGS AND IT WOULD BE A WASTE TO JUST GIVE EM AWAY. I KNOW HE IS WATCHING OVER US RIGHT NOW AND LIVING IN A WAY BETTER WORLD THAN THIS SICK ONE. RIP RICO. WE LOVE YOU DAWG.

carbongs
02-16-2007, 02:49 PM
the funeral was great, many people showed up despite the bitter cold weather. just comes to show how many people were influenced by his life. rip brotha.

GGPIS3
02-18-2007, 12:00 PM
RICO LIVED A FAST PACED LIFE AND HE ACCOMPLISHED MANY THINGS IN LIFE. HE WOULD ALWAYS TALK ABOUT STARTING ALL KINDS OF BUSINESSES AND WAYS TO MAKE IT BIG. I KNOW HE WOULD HAVE BEEN A REAL SUCCESSFULL BUSINESS MAN AND FATHER TO CALEB. YALL ARE RIGHT BECAUSE HE DID HAVE A SOFT HEART FOR OTHERS. HE ALWAYS WOULD MAKE EVERYBODY FEEL BETTER WITH HIS CRAZY COMMENTS AND JOKES, JUICY... HOPEFULLY ALL THE THINGS HE BOUGHT LIKE HIS HOUSE, CARS, TOYS, AND EVERYTHING DOES NOT GET SOLD BECAUSE HE TRIED SO HARD TO ATTAIN THESE THINGS AND IT WOULD BE A WASTE TO JUST GIVE EM AWAY. I KNOW HE IS WATCHING OVER US RIGHT NOW AND LIVING IN A WAY BETTER WORLD THAN THIS SICK ONE. RIP RICO. WE LOVE YOU DAWG.

u best be at intercrew tonight... ;)

GGPIS3
02-18-2007, 12:01 PM
the funeral was great, many people showed up despite the bitter cold weather. just comes to show how many people were influenced by his life. rip brotha.

i dont know about any funerals being great... but there were people there from all walks of life.... rico was truly loved by many people. we'll be celebrating his life tonight at intercrew... come join us...

sleepin240
02-18-2007, 12:18 PM
ill definitely be at intercrew tonight paying my respects to RICO.

legendman92
02-19-2007, 08:00 AM
great guy. RIP Rico im going to smoke one for you.

lauraej2160
10-08-2015, 09:44 PM
I found this thread earlier this evening while looking up the News article to show Caleb... You have no idea the size of the smile on both of our faces this evening, especially Caleb's. This is his first real glimpse at who his father was beyond stories from mommy and grandma. Thank you. :) #juicy