PDA

View Full Version : Insurance fines?

Daccord93
02-08-2007, 08:26 PM
Hey, I was wondering if anyone knows what the fines are going to be for no insurance. I got busted last month for no insurance and I forgot that my insurance had ran out. The cop let me go home and I got insurance when I woke up cause I got busted after midnight on the 5th but I woke up and got it first thing. Does anyone think that I can get it reduced or anything since this is my first major offense. I had one previous ticket for no tag that I just paid but I have to go to court for this one. I just want to make sure I got enough money to cover my charges. Any help would be welcome.:goodjob:

LiL PaKi
02-08-2007, 08:30 PM
make sure to take proof that ur car is now insured when u go to court.. not sure how much the fine is...

Daccord93
02-08-2007, 08:33 PM
Ya got have the papaers that show I currently have it and from the day that I bought the coverage. Like I sadi I had forgot that it had run out. My job at the time had my mind VERY busy.

Daccord93
02-08-2007, 08:34 PM
I also noticed that I have poor spelling.

dtmcnamara
02-08-2007, 09:07 PM
depending on where it is you may get the fine dropped a lot. but like i said it all depends on a lot of things. if you are in lawrenceville be repaired to pay a LOT!!! They dont give a fuck. just tell the truth. you thought you still had it and didnt know it was taken off the car and the day you realized it, aka got the ticket, you got it fixed....may work, may not

Leadfoot_mf
02-08-2007, 10:59 PM
yeah you will have to pay a shit ton i think it is 1000 bucks good job.

ShooterMcGavin
02-08-2007, 11:31 PM
thought they were supposed to arrest ppl that drove w/o insurance?

Daccord93
02-09-2007, 06:39 AM
It was cobb county. He was supposed to impound my car but he let me drive home.

ShooterMcGavin
02-09-2007, 07:33 AM
wow, cobb county let u walk home? hahaha, they must be trying to raise public opinion about them :lmao:

thinkfast®
02-09-2007, 08:50 AM
LOL

YEA MAN THE MOST YOU WOULD HAVE TO PAY WOULD BE $25, IF YOU HAVE PROOF THAT YOUR CAR IS CURRENTLY INSURED... THATS ON A FIRST OFFENSE, THAT SHIT CAN GET HEAVY AFTERWARDS AND THEY WILL SUSPEND DL'S, JAIL TIME.. INSURANCE IS NOT A GAME IN 2007!

Daccord93
02-09-2007, 09:13 AM
Ya, I was suprised he let me go home too. On one hand I am glad he pulled me over cause i didnt realize I had no insurance but on the other hand I was pissed that he had pulled me over cause I hate cops. How is this for luck though, I ahve been pulled over 9 times I think, once by state patrol(2 warnings-headlight &tag), once by cobb(headlight warning and insurance ticket), 7 times by paulding(1 tag ticket and several tag/headlight warnings) all of which are fixed, for now. NO IMPOUNDS OR JAIL TIME

hemi
02-09-2007, 09:16 AM
If you cannot prove that you had insurance at the time that the ticket was issued it's going to be heavy. $1000 fine + fees, and you'll prolly get probation or community service or something.
However if your ins card shows that you were covered when you got the ticket, under a hundred bucks....

Leadfoot_mf
02-09-2007, 10:34 AM
Ya, I was suprised he let me go home too. On one hand I am glad he pulled me over cause i didnt realize I had no insurance but on the other hand I was pissed that he had pulled me over cause I hate cops. How is this for luck though, I ahve been pulled over 9 times I think, once by state patrol(2 warnings-headlight &tag), once by cobb(headlight warning and insurance ticket), 7 times by paulding(1 tag ticket and several tag/headlight warnings) all of which are fixed, for now. NO IMPOUNDS OR JAIL TIME

:goodjob: wow you really are a clever one. now i hope your dumb ass gets a huge fine. why do you hate cops because your a dickhead driving a busted pos. :screwy: do us a flavor and castrate yourself. here you go :gay: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police:

Daccord93
02-09-2007, 11:59 AM
Man, what the fuck? I state a little opinion and you get all pissed off. All but one time I got pulled over was after 10 pm cause I was on my way home from work. Ok, so my car has a few problems but whos doesnt.

Tiff-O-Bitties
02-09-2007, 12:05 PM
first off, you're an idiot.. people without insurance piss me off...

second off, the cop needs to be shot.. what if you would have hit another car on the way home and killed a single mother with 3 small children at home that only had liability insurance? Wow!

You can probably get out of it considering the cop knew you didn't have insurance and he let you drive anyway... I might fight it, but then again, I would have had insurance and wouldn't be asking such a fucking moronic question anyway...:thinking:

thinkfast®
02-09-2007, 12:10 PM
TIFF W/ THE ATTITUDE FTW!! :D

Daccord93
02-09-2007, 12:11 PM
OK, maybe you all need to read the posts again. I didnt to it on purpose. I had forgotten that it had ran out and I woke up and got coverage. DAMN!

Tiff-O-Bitties
02-09-2007, 06:06 PM
Still pure stupidity.. How do you forget insurance? Do you forget to eat or wear underwear? Doubtful.

Bajjani
02-09-2007, 06:06 PM
Still pure stupidity.. How do you forget insurance? Do you forget to eat or wear underwear? Doubtful.

I KNOW YOU

JDM onlyy
02-09-2007, 06:17 PM
lol my ticket was only 200 sumthing. i didnt know my insurance was expired but this is in henry county.

JDM onlyy
02-09-2007, 06:29 PM
If you cannot prove that you had insurance at the time that the ticket was issued it's going to be heavy. $1000 fine + fees, and you'll prolly get probation or community service or something.
However if your ins card shows that you were covered when you got the ticket, under a hundred bucks....

that doesnt really make sense...why would they charge u if u show u have proof of insurance at the time of the ticket. it should be dismissed.

Daccord93
02-10-2007, 10:33 PM
They have tried to charge my friend twice with that actually. The first time he had insurance but left the card at home and the Atl cop wouldnt check the system( he told us that in the parking lot) and the other time his insurance company messed up the VIN on his truck. I am just trying to make sure that I dont go to jail because of this. Like I said, it was an accident and I got coverage as soon as I could so I am fine now.

Echonova
02-10-2007, 10:54 PM
Wow, I'm glad my insurance company sends me bills. I would hate to wake up and realize I didn't have insurance.:rolleyes: You will be fined unless you HAD coverage at the time you were pulled over. There's always the photoshop option.:D

Flip
02-10-2007, 10:56 PM
wow, cobb county let u walk home? hahaha, they must be trying to raise public opinion about them :lmao:

Yah no kidding, they let my buddy go and he was missing a headlight (it was at night) and had a canceled tag for one reason or another. They wrote him a warning.

They always slam me with the max possible... Never gotten any kind of warning, verbal or written...

Daccord93
02-11-2007, 09:08 AM
Wow, I'm glad my insurance company sends me bills. I would hate to wake up and realize I didn't have insurance.:rolleyes: You will be fined unless you HAD coverage at the time you were pulled over. There's always the photoshop option.:D They did send me bills but like i said because of where I worked, my mind as at work constantly cause I never knew what was going on and if they were going to call me in or not. I worked at a Youth Detention Center so I was a little stressed and just forgot that it had ran out. Plus it was a one year coverage plan and I became a custom to just driving but its not going to happpen again.

green91
02-11-2007, 09:16 AM
automatic electronic payment FTW!!!

Daccord93
02-11-2007, 09:35 AM
I would have but they sent me a letter stating that I have to go to court, I cant just settle it.

green91
02-11-2007, 09:40 AM
im talking about for insurance premiums. its impossible for me to be late.

Daccord93
02-11-2007, 09:48 AM
Ohh ya, I had that but I had it changed because I was changing banks and I never got it put back on. I have it for my coverage now though so I am taken care of.

Daccord93
02-15-2007, 11:33 AM
I just got back from court. $280 bucks. Thats it. I think that Cobb is trying to get a better reputation though, I mean they were giving people minimums all morning long.