PDA

View Full Version : I think i quit smoking ???

Doppelgänger
02-08-2007, 02:48 PM
So yeah... i think i quit. I had the flu all week and didnt smoke... i know when i really dont need to light one up... the flu is one of those times. So yesterday i stepped outside, feeling much better, and lit one up..... and promptly put it out. I couldnt smoke it, it tasted like shit and i've had no urge to go out for a smoke today for any breaks. Hmm.... 4 days with no smoking cured me?? Talk about cold turkey.

On a side note, i found a dvd in a returned laptop on how 9/11 was not what the gov't says it was.... im going to watch the rest of it tonight....crazy shit.

kelly marie
02-08-2007, 02:58 PM
good job! i quit a year and three months ago! i couldn't do it on my own though.. i took wellbutrin for about ten days, quit, got off the meds and haven't smoked since! when i smoked i had bronchitis three times in one winter.. i knew then i had to quit.. so i did and i haven't been sick once! (knock on wood) plus drew doesn't smoke so that helped as well! keep up the good work!!

Jecht
02-08-2007, 03:19 PM
lirl
Smoking is a seriously bad habit to get into in the first place, its good that you got away from it.

2.0civic
02-08-2007, 03:26 PM
i heard your body kicks the nicotine craving in 72 hours

kelly marie
02-08-2007, 03:28 PM
i heard your body kicks the nicotine craving in 72 hourshmm.. to this day i still have the cravings.. but i know if i tried to smoke i would caugh to death and it would taste like ish.. it bothers the crap out of my nose now when someone smokes around me.. its strange!

Bajjani
02-08-2007, 03:28 PM
the movie is retarded and makes a lot of assumptions on the fact somethings never happened

ie planes incinerating (sp?) but seeing how my cousin's degree is in airline engineering and safety or w.e he knows how hot jet fel burns and assures me it could. I trust my cousin over that movie.

The building falling...thats the biggest bunch of horse shit ever. Its called momentum. Heat steel enough it weakens, have 15 stories collapse on each other and I assure you it will continue downwards

as for smoking, congratz, they say brain damage also can cure smoking

looking4car
02-08-2007, 03:31 PM
great job if you did smoke trust me the possibilities of the problems you can develope from smoking are soooooo terrible they are deffanantly not worth it

§treet_§peed
02-08-2007, 03:32 PM
i quit for three months one time.. then my ex girl left me and i started again.. i love smoking but i wanna quite as well.. but hell we all gotta die some time

PhAtBoYMr2
02-08-2007, 03:36 PM
the way i see it is if i develop lung cancer i'll just buy new lungs.

HachiDori
02-08-2007, 03:36 PM
So yeah... i think i quit. I had the flu all week and didnt smoke... i know when i really dont need to light one up... the flu is one of those times. So yesterday i stepped outside, feeling much better, and lit one up..... and promptly put it out. I couldnt smoke it, it tasted like shit and i've had no urge to go out for a smoke today for any breaks. Hmm.... 4 days with no smoking cured me?? Talk about cold turkey.

On a side note, i found a dvd in a returned laptop on how 9/11 was not what the gov't says it was.... im going to watch the rest of it tonight....crazy shit.

No the problem was you were smoking those damn.....clove ciggs. ftL.

Ne ways gl with it. i know i need to stop

R.Kelly
02-08-2007, 03:39 PM
good job, but im not gonna stop its too addicting for me to kick for a while and yes clove ftl

Doppelgänger
02-08-2007, 03:42 PM
i quit for three months one time.. then my ex girl left me and i started again.. i love smoking but i wanna quite as well.. but hell we all gotta die some timeget the Flu.... its helps you quit! lol

JennB
02-08-2007, 03:50 PM
:bump:

R3RUN
02-08-2007, 06:04 PM
Congrats man, I remember when my grandma quit after smoking for 60+ years or something crazy like that. Was not pleasant to be around her during the whole quiting thing. Good luck on staying away from teh tobacco.

Leadfoot_mf
02-08-2007, 07:00 PM
stick with it. man its not over yet.

FDslider
02-08-2007, 07:15 PM
yeah Mike, stay away from the smoke! I lost both of my grandparents because they smoked cigs. After I witnessed the pain they went through, I had to quit as well. It was a long, painful process for both of them and I would never want to end up like that.

HachiDori
02-08-2007, 07:50 PM
get the Flu.... its helps you quit! lol

I got somewhat of the flu when I got back from Mexico, i quit for 2 weeks and after I was only having 1 cigg instead of a pack a day. Hanging out with my friends doesn't help the situation any. Ohh well. But if i die any sooner, i would rather it be in a Mad jdm touge accident and not from a cigg.

Gotta quit

ShooterMcGavin
02-08-2007, 07:59 PM
no more cloves? :D

Wurm
02-08-2007, 08:37 PM
man nobody likes a quitter

RandomGuy
02-08-2007, 09:02 PM
man nobody likes a quitter
LMFAO :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

koukis14
02-08-2007, 09:40 PM
I got a bad chest cold and could not smoke for a month and just kinda quit. But when I get a few beers in me I still want one bad.

uproot
02-08-2007, 09:43 PM
im pretty much feeling the same way... was smokin like 10-15 cigarettes a day, then decided to quit, now theres no way i could smoke a whole cigarette in 1 day, i'll occasionally light it up if i feel the urge, but after 1 hit ill put it out and forget about it... crazy

Hulud
02-08-2007, 10:14 PM
stick with it. man its not over yet.
so true

being sick and not smokin is the easy part

JDM onlyy
02-08-2007, 10:25 PM
yeah i think hangin with my friends is what makes me smoke more. if im home or with my girl, i dont really smoke so. i didnt smoke for a week til my friend picked me up and we went to shoot pool. lol now im set back to 2 days without it...

Z32redondo
02-08-2007, 10:35 PM
ya im quit like 2 years ago and now my gf wanted to start I was like hell to the motha fuckin naw...Sorry if I sound a bit controlling but im sorry I dont want someone like her to have to deal with all the drawbacks smoking gives you. Good job though bro, and keep up the good work.

JstAneon
02-08-2007, 11:01 PM
I quit smoking too... at least 5 times.

ShooterMcGavin
02-08-2007, 11:26 PM
^^^not only are u a quitter but a shitty and incompetent one at that :lmao:

Doppelgänger
02-09-2007, 08:02 AM
weird, i have no craving or anything at all....

thanks guys. whats really funny, is when i was smoking, i'd have a harder time not driving my car somewhere then not having a smoke.

Sol-Badguy
02-09-2007, 08:05 AM
Good.

Slowboy
02-09-2007, 08:10 AM
Good job man. Keep it up. I quit cold turkey bout 6 months ago. but im not counting. i just think its roughly 6 months ago.