PDA

View Full Version : New GT-R sighting

tony
02-08-2007, 12:40 PM
Picture was taken out in New Mexico

iloveboost
02-08-2007, 02:29 PM
Wow. Looks pretty good. Are you going to pick one up when they release?

What motors are in those things?

Sol-Badguy
02-08-2007, 03:03 PM
I'm having mixed feelings, yet again.

Jecht
02-08-2007, 03:10 PM
DO NOT WANT! BOO HISS!

HachiDori
02-08-2007, 03:47 PM
crap

§treet_§peed
02-08-2007, 03:49 PM
fucking beaners

§treet_§peed
02-08-2007, 03:50 PM
looks like a civic with a g-35

allmotoronly
02-08-2007, 03:51 PM
haha not a single caucasian in the whole picture....

OG-Skinny
02-08-2007, 04:12 PM
mmmmm.. 4.6L V6 TT... mmmm... Z06 Dominance has arrived to the US for under $80K

bdydrpdmazda
02-08-2007, 04:16 PM
I like it.

.blank cd
02-08-2007, 05:02 PM
Yes, i'll take one in black please

The Yousef
02-08-2007, 05:04 PM
omg omg omg omg omg omg!!!!!

BTLFED
02-08-2007, 05:04 PM
What is that Infiniti QX56 doing next to it LOL

thursdaybuff
02-08-2007, 05:05 PM
I'm having mixed feelings, yet again.
same here.. eh

Kamikaze
02-08-2007, 05:17 PM
Mmmmm Skyline. :yes:

Don't you mean "blinged-out Armada?" They look like a semi in the front.

BTLFED
02-08-2007, 05:19 PM
Mmmmm Skyline. :yes:

Don't you mean "blinged-out Armada?" They look like a semi in the front.

Umm...what? That isn't an Armada. It's a QX56.

Brett
02-08-2007, 05:21 PM
Thats hot!!

Kamikaze
02-08-2007, 06:11 PM
Umm...what? That isn't an Armada. It's a QX56.

I know that. My friends mom has one. I was stating that it's just a "chromed" version of the Nissan Armada. Kind of like the Escalade is to the Tahoe.

Broke240
02-08-2007, 06:23 PM
mmmmm.. 4.6L V6 TT... mmmm... Z06 Dominance has arrived to the US for under $80K

I thought it was gonna have a 3.7L TT. But anyways it is said to have 450hp at only 10psi.

Gonna be a badass ride.

tony
02-08-2007, 06:23 PM
Wow. Looks pretty good. Are you going to pick one up when they release?

What motors are in those things?

Honestly I lost the love for the new GT-R but seeing real pictures.. I'm coming back around. Its not going to be the super car everyone wants it to be, your Z06 with bolt ons would surely smoke it but its growing on me. 3.7L Twin Turbo V6 and the rumor is there will be an Infiniti with the same engine just detuned.. if that is the case its a no brainer for me.

Apparently the guys in the picture could not speak any english and all that they would say is GT-R.

B18c-rex
02-08-2007, 07:12 PM
It may not be a super-car killer like its bretheren sp. But wait till the aftermarket catches up to it. Say bye bye to those pesky vettes and vipers :yes:

FDslider
02-08-2007, 07:20 PM
HOw the fuck do you think all those asians got there? Do you honestly think that they all fit in the trunk of the GT-R?!?! They are asian, not mexican! haha, just kidding!

Julio
02-08-2007, 08:12 PM
It may not be a super-car killer like its bretheren sp. But wait till the aftermarket catches up to it. Say bye bye to those pesky vettes and vipers :yes:

Vette Still has my Vote.. Vette is N/A and they have good #'s on N/A fashion..

Yea, yeah.. after market all you want for the GT-R... but you can do the same w/ a vette.... vette, still best bang for the $$.

BTLFED
02-08-2007, 08:16 PM
HOw the fuck do you think all those asians got there? Do you honestly think that they all fit in the trunk of the GT-R?!?! They are asian, not mexican! haha, just kidding!

Third row seating FTW! :lmfao:

soplocar
02-08-2007, 09:06 PM
not a lover of the style of the new cars, this one is hot, but yet, i still prefer the R-34.

ironchef
02-08-2007, 09:31 PM
The infiniti is probably a support/supply car for the gt-r while its testing, i'm going to assume. I think the gt-r could be a good match for the z06, 450hp and probably right around 450 tq thanks to turbos, not a huge power difference. As long as they can keep the weight down then who knows?

boosted_nonv
02-08-2007, 09:41 PM
nice

Daccord93
02-09-2007, 06:58 AM
I dont like the fact that its NOT a skyline. Its just a gt-r. They made it a totally sperate model.

1000cckiller
02-09-2007, 07:44 AM
i waiting to see everything evolve, to decide if I am going to get one.

iloveboost
02-09-2007, 09:43 AM

You do realize it will probably weigh in close to 4,000lbs, right? For 80k, I'd expect all of the creature comforts, sound deadening, full size spare, superior audio system, heated seats, etc.

The C6Z06's base price is 69K, weights 3100lbs, and has 505HP naturally aspirated. It's capable of nearly 600HP naturally aspirated with mere bolt-ons (cam, headers, intake & tune). Stock C6Z06s are running 10s with just drag radials right off the showroom floor.

Even if the aftermarket is huge for it, Corvette is rolling out with their Supercharged C6Z06 pretty soon to challenge the new 600HP Viper.

Looks like it'll be a great car, but I doubt it will be able to hang with the new Vipers and Z06s.

VooDooXII
02-09-2007, 10:01 AM
Looks mean, though I don't know about that sloping roof-line. I mean, it makes the windshield look disproportionately large.

Nice shot though.

OvErMiNd
02-09-2007, 10:33 AM
I dont like the fact that its NOT a skyline. Its just a gt-r. They made it a totally sperate model.

JUST a GTR?

You're retarded!

Skyline is just a passenger car vs GTR being a full on fast as fuck car.

I like that my s2000 doesn't have a type r version or w/e in the states. Stuff like a neon vs a srt4 and shit gets on my nerves because they look the same!
Leave the skyline to the G35 b/c that's all it amounts to.

Skyline is just a name that means nothing more than 'impreza wrx' that we have put too high regards on in the US.

And whoever said it looks like a civic needs to quit dreaming.

iloveboost
02-09-2007, 11:24 AM
News flash: There have always been base model cars and high performance model cars with the same looks. In fact, I can't think of very many cars at all that don't have a 'slow & econimical' version.

Acura Integra RS to Acura Integra Type R
Subaru Impreza WRX to Subaru WRX STi
Mitsubishi Lancer to Mitsubishi Evolution
Corvette coupe to Corvette Z06
BMW 5 series to BMW M5
Toyota Supra (NA) to Toyota Supra (twin turbo)
Mustang (V6) to Mustang Cobra/Saleen

Get used to it.

OvErMiNd
02-09-2007, 03:57 PM
I'm just saying. It's a good thing they seperated it.

My car doesn't have a slower econo version! (It's already slowish)

Extra Made
02-09-2007, 04:32 PM
here's some news on it:Originally Posted by Road and Track
By Sam Mitani • Photo Illustration by Larson

March 2007

Photos of a masked Nissan GT-R lapping the Nürburgring last fall received more hits on the Internet than Miss USA did after a night out on the town. The reason: Despite its expected price tag of about $70,000, the GT-R will be the most alluring Japanese sports machine to come our way since the Acura NSX in the mid-1990s. Previously sold only in Japan, the GT-R (Skyline GT-R as it was formerly known) has been an icon to boy racers and aftermarket tuners alike since the R32 appeared in 1989. The upcoming version, which will hit dealer showrooms in late 2007 or early 2008, will be the first model marketed worldwide, thus the first official version available in the U.S. Nissan has remained mum regarding this sixth-generation model, but we have discovered some interesting new tidbits about the car.

Nissan CEO Carlos Ghosn confirmed that the GT-R will be built in Japan. The chassis will be assembled in the company's Tochigi factory while the powerplant will be produced at its Yokohama engine plant. The official logo for the car has also been released. As for the performance of the GT machine, here's what we know so far.

Power will come from a 3.7-liter version of Nissan's VQ powerplant. A pair of turbochargers will help it produce about 450 bhp and 360 lb.-ft. of torque. Because longtime fans of the GT-R are accustomed to more output via aftermarket tuning, Nissan has seemingly left some room on the table for buyers wanting to increase the power of their GT-Rs.

Stock boost pressure will be limited to about 10 psi, but we hear that the engine is capable of handling a lot more. A tamer version of this V-6, codenamed VQ37HR-TT, will make its way into the upcoming Infiniti G35 Coupe. Key differences between the engines are that the GT-R's VQ will have the twin turbo*chargers, lighter pistons and connecting rods, as well as a beefed-up crankshaft. Other custom parts may make their way into the engine, including racing profile camshafts and new valvetrain. It will come mated to a Getrag 6-speed transmission or a paddle-shift sequential automatic with seven or eight gears.

The GT-R will have awesome stopping power, especially if it wears the same brakes spotted during testing at the Ring. Gold-colored Brembo calipers sparkled in the sun as the GT-R attacked the famed Nordschleife. Upon closer inspection, the fronts appeared to be 6-pot calipers. As for the car's handling, we're pretty sure that it will be all-wheel drive, with a new version of Nissan's ATTESA system. For the record, the car had little trouble negotiating the Carousel at more than 110 mph. Its lap times were reported to be around 8 minutes flat, quite impressive for a test mule on a somewhat crowded track. Could it match or eclipse the Porsche 911 Turbo's time in the 7-minute-40-second range in an all-out effort? The answer awaits us in just a few months. — SM

So, I could prolly afford one, in say, 50 years.

OG-Skinny
02-09-2007, 05:25 PM
You do realize it will probably weigh in close to 4,000lbs, right? For 80k, I'd expect all of the creature comforts, sound deadening, full size spare, superior audio system, heated seats, etc.

The C6Z06's base price is 69K, weights 3100lbs, and has 505HP naturally aspirated. It's capable of nearly 600HP naturally aspirated with mere bolt-ons (cam, headers, intake & tune). Stock C6Z06s are running 10s with just drag radials right off the showroom floor.

Even if the aftermarket is huge for it, Corvette is rolling out with their Supercharged C6Z06 pretty soon to challenge the new 600HP Viper.

Looks like it'll be a great car, but I doubt it will be able to hang with the new Vipers and Z06s.

69K and then you have dealer mark-up. Even eith dealer markup, you still gotta wait for yours to come to your local dealer. My roomate worked for Tom Jumper, and the C6Z06 had a waiting list for 4 months and the price was 90K+..

iloveboost
02-09-2007, 05:36 PM
69K and then you have dealer mark-up. Even eith dealer markup, you still gotta wait for yours to come to your local dealer. My roomate worked for Tom Jumper, and the C6Z06 had a waiting list for 4 months and the price was 90K+..

Keyword: was.

You can find them on eBay all day long in the 60s. I debated buying one with 6800miles for $65,000.00.

I went by Tom Jumper not too long ago. They had two in stock and ready to be sold.

JDM onlyy
02-09-2007, 05:38 PM
I know that. My friends mom has one. I was stating that it's just a "chromed" version of the Nissan Armada. Kind of like the Escalade is to the Tahoe.

The Escalade is a blinged out version of the Avalanche too. Lol. At least the truck version is.

Oh yeah, I wouldn't mind takin one of those GT-R's. :goodjob:

blackboi50
02-10-2007, 01:07 PM

This is in New Mexico u illiterate mo-fos....:)............1

sirkus
02-10-2007, 01:12 PM
Keyword: was.

You can find them on eBay all day long in the 60s. I debated buying one with 6800miles for $65,000.00.

I went by Tom Jumper not too long ago. They had two in stock and ready to be sold.

Dad's roommate had a c6 for around 3 months. He couldn't stand the damn thing. It would lock him in it and shit. So many bugs in the computer systems. Windows roll down by their selves and shit.
He told me that he climbed out the hatch one too many times. So he sold it and got a GTO.

What the deal with companys over pricing the hell out of cars? Vette's used to be affordable... somewhat. 30-40k range. Now it's 48k+ for a normal c6. (new)

I'm sure they're gonna want wayyy to much for this nissan.

umairejaz
02-10-2007, 01:32 PM
Power will come from a 3.7-liter version of Nissan's VQ powerplant. A pair of turbochargers will help it produce about 450 bhp and 360 lb.-ft. of torque. Because longtime fans of the GT-R are accustomed to more output via aftermarket tuning, Nissan has seemingly left some room on the table for buyers wanting to increase the power of their GT-Rs.

So they detune it on purpose just so we can spend more cash in the aftermarket to make more hp??? Does that sound retarted or retarted? :lmfao:

StupidBikerBoy
02-10-2007, 08:49 PM
What the deal with companys over pricing the hell out of cars? Vette's used to be affordable... somewhat. 30-40k range. Now it's 48k+ for a normal c6. (new)

I'm sure they're gonna want wayyy to much for this nissan.

I wouldn't consider $69k overpriced for a car that outperforms $100K +++++ cars in almost all aspects.

I love the styling of the new GT-R, and would love to have one, but the chances of it out performing the Z06 when it arrives is very slim. For $80K, I'd rather buy the Z06, which has one of the largest aftermarkets available and plenty more performance potential to back it up.

StupidBikerBoy
02-10-2007, 08:51 PM
So they detune it on purpose just so we can spend more cash in the aftermarket to make more hp??? Does that sound retarted or retarted? :lmfao:

Since the R32 they have been detuned and underrated.

And I vote retarded.:goodjob: