PDA

View Full Version : news from iraq

kilpatty43
06-19-2005, 09:44 AM
yesterday on the way to tfs i got a call from pauls mom saying that soldier #2 that went missing with paul was found executed in baghdad. pfc jimmy branerd and another soldier and a civilian were found handcuffed, blindfolded and shot in the head in a car in the city. so it seems now that paul is a prisoner of war and not missing in action. he and sgt wayne hill are still unaccounted for since the 4 soldiers went missing on feb 28 after their convoy was attacked

Brett
06-19-2005, 09:52 AM
Damn, Im sorry to hear that, and I hate to be so blunt about my thoughts but if they have found everyone else that was with him killed, I hate to say it but him and the other guy with him proably will be found somewhere else with the same fate, Dont think I am trying to sound mean or harsh, but the people we are dealing with over there have no remorse and no care for human life, as we have seen time and time again.

kilpatty43
06-19-2005, 10:09 AM
i know brett...and i appreciate your honesty...hes been missing for almost 4 months...now with the new evidence of him being a prisoner...i dont have any hope that i will see him again...people keep tellingn me how they are lettng hostages go all the time but the hostages are civilians not soldiers...paul really has no chance

Brett
06-19-2005, 10:15 AM
I just dont want you to think im trying to come across as a dick or unfeeling, because you know I care about this situation

kilpatty43
06-19-2005, 10:27 AM
no brett i dont think that...and i really do appreicate your honesty and your caring about this...

BOOSTEDeg
06-19-2005, 12:05 PM
Unfortunately, it seems like it's just a matter of time until your friend shows up. If he hasn't turned up yet, they have him. If they have him and 2 of the 4 have turned up dead that is not really good news. Hopefully they can pull a Jessica Lynch and get him before they do something bad. I am sorry to hear about this new soldier turning up. But you notice how you don't see this stuff coming up on the news? There is SO much you as civilians do not know. I am sure someone is searching for your friend and if God is on his side they will find him alive.

kilpatty43
06-19-2005, 01:06 PM
yes i know that it is only a matter of time...ive lost any hope i had of ever seeing him again...

BOOSTEDeg
06-19-2005, 01:13 PM
DON'T EVER LOSE HOPE, EVER

Dragonfly5338
06-19-2005, 01:13 PM
Damn, Im sorry to hear that, and I hate to be so blunt about my thoughts but if they have found everyone else that was with him killed, I hate to say it but him and the other guy with him proably will be found somewhere else with the same fate, Dont think I am trying to sound mean or harsh, but the people we are dealing with over there have no remorse and no care for human life, as we have seen time and time again.

And our soldiers do, Brett? Man, you know I love you and Heather, I wish the best for your friend, I hope he's found or that you can have closure, one way or another.

But warfare is warfare, Brett. The people "we are dealing with" show just as much remorse and no care for human life as our soldiers are ordered to show with their enemies.

I really hope we're both proved wrong and your friend is found tho, Heather.

5thgcelica
06-19-2005, 01:51 PM
wow thats tough news to hear. id have to agree with brett, chances are, well. you know.

but dont give up hope, you never know. could end up being some crazy ass movie ending and he's able to get away. you never know. dont give up hope, because that is what he could be living off of. the chance of coming back home to the US, his family, and even you. :)

ahmonrah
06-19-2005, 09:46 PM
if civilians were shown the true brutality of war, no one would want to fight. just that simple. media washing began once people were being shown footage on the news of what was happening to our boys in WW1. people were mortified by what they were seeing and wanted our boys outta there. it was the same in WW2 and vietnam. once people seen footage on the news of the true ruthlessness of war their hearts changed. there is no right and wrong in war, just who's left standing.
today the lines between goverment and private business are so blurred, major networks are censoring and limiting the true ugliness of the war that is getting my frmr shipmates and devil dogs slaughtered. just so the government can continue to send us over there for reasons no one knows. not even soldiers. but all in all i do hope that your friend comes back here on 2 feet.

Brett
06-19-2005, 09:51 PM
And our soldiers do, Brett? Man, you know I love you and Heather, I wish the best for your friend, I hope he's found or that you can have closure, one way or another.

But warfare is warfare, Brett. The people "we are dealing with" show just as much remorse and no care for human life as our soldiers are ordered to show with their enemies.

I really hope we're both proved wrong and your friend is found tho, Heather.

Val, Our soldiers will never be like the people we are there fighting, How can you really put the American troops in the same sense as them? Why should any soldier feel remorse for killing them? These are the very same people who are cutting the heads off innoscent civilians and they enjoy seeing them suffer and slowley die, so why should any American soldier have remorse for killing the scum over there?

R33AccorD
06-19-2005, 09:59 PM
man...that really sucks...ill keep him in my prayers...hopefully he can pull through this...but as it has already been said...we are dealing with cold blooded killers...who will even kill themselves to get what they want...so its not looking good for him...but like i said...ill keep him in my prayers.

ahmonrah
06-19-2005, 10:46 PM
soldiers vs. terrorists
the differences?? not many. besides the question to ask is who is the terrorist and who is the soldier. do the iraqi people feel like they've been invaded? could be.

do the U.S. soldier go there thinking They were gonna be a positive help to the people of iraq? hell yeah.

the differences....well from the looks of it. the terrorists think they are defending themselves against the invaders of their land. the soldiers believe they are defending a defenseless populous from terrorists. looks like a cluster fuck to me. i hope your friend comes back either way. this "war" is a bag of shit.

efman
06-19-2005, 10:54 PM
lets not make this political guys , i am sorry and i have you and your friends in my prayers .

ahmonrah
06-19-2005, 10:57 PM
^^^^^^my bad you are right

Dragonfly5338
06-19-2005, 11:04 PM
Val, Our soldiers will never be like the people we are there fighting, How can you really put the American troops in the same sense as them? Why should any soldier feel remorse for killing them? These are the very same people who are cutting the heads off innoscent civilians and they enjoy seeing them suffer and slowley die, so why should any American soldier have remorse for killing the scum over there?

These so-called SCUM have wives, daughters and sons, mothers and fathers that are being killed by OUR soldiers. You don't know half of what goes down in warfare, man - and I don't claim to either. But nobody is innocent in war, that's the bottom line.

They should feel remorse, and I'm sure that most soldiers have seen things that we can't even comprehend, because in the end - they are PEOPLE. Not scum or things, but people. Nobody deserves to die that way, no matter what the cause, be it Iraqi, American, French, whatever. A human life is a human life, no matter what religion or skin tone you are. Somewhere a parent is crying because her son has been killed by American soldiers, just like in the states. A young Iraqi girl is probably mourning the loss of her friend right now, just like Heather is.

The US puts forth rules of declared warfare in order to make it more humane, I'll admit that. But why are the so-called "enemy" considered worth killing because they don't adhere to the same rules as we do. And I call them rules, because mixed with every honorable soldier who wants to fight for our country, there are the bad mixed in.

Don't call our country innocent when Iraqi prisoners are having broomsticks shoved up their asses and made to walk around with panties on their heads. You're dehumanizing these people because it makes it easier to justify this war and killing other people when in your mind, they're not people - but evil things that deserve to be eradicated.

Just remember - we invaded THEIR country and took over to try and institute our way of life. You can't expect everyone to bend over and submit to the asspounding United States way of life. I don't agree with the way the extremists show their anger, ie, killing civilians - BUT I understand it. They can't see any other way - more than likely because our government decides not to listen.

Like I said, back to topic - this is Heather's thread. Girl, I hope they find your friend safely.

quickdodgeŽ
06-19-2005, 11:12 PM
Scum:

http://3dnworld.com/users/26/images/WCS6Pond.jpg

Later, QD.

Dragonfly5338
06-19-2005, 11:13 PM
LOL STFU QD!!!

5thgcelica
06-19-2005, 11:14 PM
okaaayyy really
can we get back to respecting the person(s) who this is for and who it envolves.

Dragonfly5338
06-19-2005, 11:16 PM
No this is Import Atlanta.

Thread hijacked.

Brett
06-19-2005, 11:22 PM
^^ :werd:

ahmonrah
06-19-2005, 11:44 PM
look, heather i want 'cha boy to make it back here in one piece and breathing, if that's gods will. and if he is to be back here alive and as close to well as possible. be patient. cause the things that he's seen in this war are gonna make him behave a little differently than if he just got back from work at merrill-lynch. be patient and give him time to get his bearings back. but be there with him, if u can to let him know he has support.

kilpatty43
06-20-2005, 06:26 AM
thanks everyone...i really appreciate it

efman
06-20-2005, 10:52 AM
These so-called SCUM have wives, daughters and sons, mothers and fathers that are being killed by OUR soldiers. You don't know half of what goes down in warfare, man - and I don't claim to either. But nobody is innocent in war, that's the bottom line.

They should feel remorse, and I'm sure that most soldiers have seen things that we can't even comprehend, because in the end - they are PEOPLE. Not scum or things, but people. Nobody deserves to die that way, no matter what the cause, be it Iraqi, American, French, whatever. A human life is a human life, no matter what religion or skin tone you are. Somewhere a parent is crying because her son has been killed by American soldiers, just like in the states. A young Iraqi girl is probably mourning the loss of her friend right now, just like Heather is.

The US puts forth rules of declared warfare in order to make it more humane, I'll admit that. But why are the so-called "enemy" considered worth killing because they don't adhere to the same rules as we do. And I call them rules, because mixed with every honorable soldier who wants to fight for our country, there are the bad mixed in.

Don't call our country innocent when Iraqi prisoners are having broomsticks shoved up their asses and made to walk around with panties on their heads. You're dehumanizing these people because it makes it easier to justify this war and killing other people when in your mind, they're not people - but evil things that deserve to be eradicated.

Just remember - we invaded THEIR country and took over to try and institute our way of life. You can't expect everyone to bend over and submit to the asspounding United States way of life. I don't agree with the way the extremists show their anger, ie, killing civilians - BUT I understand it. They can't see any other way - more than likely because our government decides not to listen.

Like I said, back to topic - this is Heather's thread. Girl, I hope they find your friend safely.

so like i said lets keep this off politics but one real quick thing i want you to think about would you rather walk around embaresed (which is not supposed to happen but sadly does by weirdos) or have your head cut off on tape which is supposed to happen . embaresed or dead you pic were would you rather be in prison ?
any way i am sorry for your situation heather and i am praying for you every day.

Z33_kid
06-20-2005, 11:51 AM
dang thats really messd up hope's he gets back home safe

B16a2 Civic
06-20-2005, 12:09 PM
keep the hope alive, a person's will and hope can overcome almost any situation, we'll just keep pulling for him and hope the best outcomes surfaces

BOOSTEDeg
06-20-2005, 08:19 PM
Are Dragonfly or anyone else talking smack about what warfare is ever been over there? Just curious. I been there and other countries you don't even know we occupy. If you are not a soldier now or have never been, you are just ignorant talking about warfare, who's a terrorist, etc. You just need to be quiet about shit you know ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about.

But that's just my :2cents:

Dragonfly5338
06-20-2005, 08:22 PM
You don't know half of what goes down in warfare, man - and I don't claim to either.

and I'm sure that most soldiers have seen things that we can't even comprehend,

Hey lookie there. Brush up on those reading comprehension skills, hehe. I can not agree with the war if I want to. So there. :tongue: Where was I talking smack? I said war sucks. Not that soldiers do.

BOOSTEDeg
06-20-2005, 10:05 PM
Then you got some other jerk off on a rant about what is the difference between terrorists and our soldiers, me included. You may not agree with the war, probably because you didn't think Saddam was that bad of a person. Maybe you do not know all that I do. I'll be going back to the desert next month. I feel we are doing the right thing over there, do I want to go back somewhere that you can't get much sleep because of explosions going off around you, somewhere you take your clothes off and they walk to the laundry bag, somewhere my family cannot come along, nor would I wish that on any of them? I go back because it is my duty as a soldier and a protector of this country of ours. I go back because I do not want anything over there making it's way into my backyard or yours. Whenever you degrade the war, you degrade the soldiers on those lines. Are you running for office to make the asspounding United States way of life better? Would you rather be over there in Iraq, where women are just no getting any kind of human rights? I can't stand when people talk smack. Do you know what it's like to have detainees in your possession? The same people yhat tried to kill you moments before? I may not agree with all the things we do while they our detained but sometimes people aren't thinking rationally. Give up your Evo, trade it in for a pair of boots and walk a mile or 50 in a soldiers shoes in Iraq. Next time you even think of running your mouth about what a soldier is doing there,Remember that.

Darling Nikki
06-20-2005, 11:00 PM
Heather sorry to hear that news. Brett is right about the people over there. Hell look what the fuck they tried to do to my dad while he was there on convoy. Fuck them. My brother is over there as well and he isn't in Delta Force anymore. He is in special Forces Green Berae. Crazy shit. All I got to say is the motto of the Special Forces, "Kill them all and let God Sort' em out!" Gung Ho!

SaraX5
06-21-2005, 10:05 AM

I agree with you 110% Took the words out of my mouth

AtifSajid
06-21-2005, 10:36 AM
Then you got some other jerk off on a rant about what is the difference between terrorists and our soldiers, me included. You may not agree with the war, probably because you didn't think Saddam was that bad of a person. Maybe you do not know all that I do. I'll be going back to the desert next month. I feel we are doing the right thing over there, do I want to go back somewhere that you can't get much sleep because of explosions going off around you, somewhere you take your clothes off and they walk to the laundry bag, somewhere my family cannot come along, nor would I wish that on any of them? I go back because it is my duty as a soldier and a protector of this country of ours. I go back because I do not want anything over there making it's way into my backyard or yours. Whenever you degrade the war, you degrade the soldiers on those lines. Are you running for office to make the asspounding United States way of life better? Would you rather be over there in Iraq, where women are just no getting any kind of human rights? I can't stand when people talk smack. Do you know what it's like to have detainees in your possession? The same people yhat tried to kill you moments before? I may not agree with all the things we do while they our detained but sometimes people aren't thinking rationally. Give up your Evo, trade it in for a pair of boots and walk a mile or 50 in a soldiers shoes in Iraq. Next time you even think of running your mouth about what a soldier is doing there,Remember that.

I dont get into this politics shit about the war and stuff cause everyone already knows my stand...but you havent read shit and tried to comprehend anything she said did you? Doesnt seem like from your post.

BOOSTEDeg
06-21-2005, 11:34 AM
I did read it. I just don't think that anyone who hasn't been there and seen what goes on over there shouldn't say anything about us being there. That's what gives me an attitude. Yes they have families over there, no, I don't think most soldiers in our units want to be over there. But here it is plain and simple, when it comes down to me or them, that's no choice at all.

SaraX5
06-22-2005, 01:11 AM
^^ think what you want but obviously youre thinking like a small minded person and you should look at all sides. You dont have to be "THERE" to know something. You need to be knowledgeable. Just because someone hasnt technically BEEN THERE doesnt mean they dont know shit or understand anything about war.

HEATON
06-22-2005, 11:41 AM

Lol We have ALOT ALOT ALOT more remorse then them, we have a Code of Conduct to follow, and will never fire at someone till fired upon, or till its last resort in case of suicide bombers. Sure there are Spec Ops they do 'hired hits', but those are precise and quick not tortured or just murdered for the 'fun' of it. If it was our leader found in a whole by them, they would have killed him there and laughed at it. They 'soldiers' arent part of a organized miltary with set orders or Rules of Engagement they just have an agenda to accomplish and thats it.

HEATON
06-22-2005, 11:47 AM
Just remember - we invaded THEIR country and took over to try and institute our way of life.
http://www.loc.gov/exhibits/911/images/sep0018.jpg
Hmmmm.....

Dragonfly5338
06-22-2005, 12:17 PM
Hmmmm.....

LOL too bad that's not the Iraqis. Nice try, tho.

AtifSajid
06-22-2005, 12:51 PM
OWNED!!!

HEATON
06-22-2005, 01:38 PM
Are we fighting Iraqis? or the Taliban, Who were the dominating power in Iraq and other countries surrounding (including the ones who bombed us)? And by changing the ruling of Iraq we push the Taliban out of power, and replacing it with a 'Democracy' or as you say "Ass pounding American way"

BOOSTEDeg
06-22-2005, 04:24 PM
THANK YOU.

SaraX5
06-22-2005, 04:28 PM
and will never fire at someone till fired upon, or till its last resort .
where have YOU been?????

A.P. Photography
06-22-2005, 04:30 PM
I just want to say to the ones that are going back and to the ones that are there now, thanks and hope yall come home safe.

B16a2 Civic
06-22-2005, 04:33 PM
I just want to say to the ones that are going back and to the ones that are there now, thanks and hope yall come home safe.

the most sensible thing i seen since they started discussing war.....i mean atleast make a thread and discuss it there, the young lady made a thread to update us about her friend in Iraq, not to hear your political stand on the war and how you feel about the war.

kilpatty43
06-22-2005, 09:48 PM
ok yall i didnt start this thread so yall could bitch about the politics of war...i started it to update the few people that care on this site about my friend that is still missing in iraq...so please stop the bitching or at least take it elsewhere

lilgapeach
06-22-2005, 11:02 PM
I will keep your friend his family and you in my prayers, I hope they find him safe and sound...

MitsuEvo6
06-23-2005, 12:45 AM
Well I start my trainin in less then a week. Then, chances are I'll be over there as well because most of us (19 delta aka Cav Scouts) are attatched to infantry. I can only pray for your man.

HEATON
06-23-2005, 05:39 AM
where have YOU been?????

Jus a few countires north of where we're fighting..lol seeng the first hand effects of it all. Ive seen more flag covered metal boxes then one person should see ever. I am the one that send the troops down there and take them off the aircraft when they come back..And ive been trained on the Code of COnduct just as every other branch is. Where have You been?

MitsuEvo6
06-23-2005, 11:47 AM
GreenJCivi...hey man, whats your MOS? How long you been in and all? Just wonderin cause I leave for Fort Knox wed. 19D. Hell ya.

Vteckidd
06-23-2005, 12:10 PM
And our soldiers do, Brett?

maybe i missed this, but we dont tie up and execute people and gunpoint/point blank range.

Your right warfare is warfare, but there are things like the Geneva Convention that cause "rules of engagement" and "rules of war"

captured prisoner ARE subject to imprisonment and certain means of torture, but now to be shot in the head.

We are a Government sanctioned entity. our armed forces have a country, these people we are fighting have NO country, and no loyalty. they are a band of thugs trying to be dictators over less fortunate people. they shouldbe exterminated

MitsuEvo6
06-23-2005, 12:19 PM
again..my prayers are with your man. But to add to this peace corps discussion...we are now trying all those who were involved in the torturing at the prison. How many trials to you see for them after they kill an innocent family?

kilpatty43
06-23-2005, 12:50 PM
ok im sick of the debating...someone lock this shit already...its not the reason i started this thread

BOOSTEDeg
06-23-2005, 02:44 PM
Mitsuevo6, not all scouts are over there. Knox sucks. Are you active or nasty guard? Do you have duty assignment of choice? I would try for Hawaii, Japan or Germany. There are alot of scouts at Ft. Stewart in Savannah though. Got a bunch of Cav there Campbell, Hood and Bragg. Good luck in Basic. It's all a mind game. P.S. try not to go to Hood. Word from the wise, LOL.

topsecret2JZ
06-23-2005, 02:59 PM
sorry man.... my buddy ships out of that shit hole in 14 days

HEATON
06-23-2005, 03:45 PM
GreenJCivi...hey man, whats your MOS? How long you been in and all? Just wonderin cause I leave for Fort Knox wed. 19D. Hell ya.

No MOS, i have a AFSC; (USAF) its 2T2X1. Air Trans. Airel Porters HUA!!

Nismo
06-23-2005, 05:25 PM
Who is paul, what was his name on here?

Darling Nikki
06-23-2005, 05:30 PM
Ft. Campbell is fucking great! Go there.

MitsuEvo6
06-23-2005, 05:48 PM
Mitsuevo6, not all scouts are over there. Knox sucks. Are you active or nasty guard? Do you have duty assignment of choice? I would try for Hawaii, Japan or Germany. There are alot of scouts at Ft. Stewart in Savannah though. Got a bunch of Cav there Campbell, Hood and Bragg. Good luck in Basic. It's all a mind game. P.S. try not to go to Hood. Word from the wise, LOL.

i know not all are, hell the last 2 classes got shiped..one to benning, and one to germany. But 1/3 of each went to iraq. You know how the wishlists go..they dont. But i would love hawaii or germany or right here at benning. Ya..hood and sill are not high on my list. And im active..i have a pair. No offense to any reserve..thanks for duin your duty, but i know more in reserve then not because..'they dont wanna go anywhere'. Anyway.Im goin to Knox..in the summer. Oh well.
And to green...good for you man. keep up the god work.

kilpatty43
06-23-2005, 05:49 PM
Who is paul, what was his name on here?
sgt paul crough...he was my boyfriend before he left...he wasnt a member on here