PDA

View Full Version : Power Mods Turbo or SC for TSX

JstAneon
02-08-2007, 08:09 AM
I've been exploring the avenue of going FI in my 2004 TSX. Being the honda/acura noob that I am, I am looking for opinions on what route to go. I am partial to turbos, but from what I understand there are no kits out for the k24. The only thing I have found that is made for the TSX is the comptech supercharger. As the SC kit costs 4k, I am wondering if it would be more cost-effective to go with a custom turbo set-up.

soooo... whatcha think?

Vteckidd
02-08-2007, 10:24 AM
with the TSX being drive by wire, a turbo kit is going to be costly.

turbo kit on low boost is possible, i suppose, with an FMU or something like that.

i personally would supercharge it , we have made 280whp on a TSX in a EP3

josh green
02-08-2007, 12:29 PM
they have k pro for the tsx's, scc magazine was modding one to see how close they could get it to the m3 performance.

JstAneon
02-08-2007, 05:51 PM
with the TSX being drive by wire, a turbo kit is going to be costly.

turbo kit on low boost is possible, i suppose, with an FMU or something like that.

i personally would supercharge it , we have made 280whp on a TSX in a EP3

Sweet. Have you got any more info on that TSX? Can you put me in contact with the owner? Or just tell him/her about the thread if they are on here?

Vteckidd
02-08-2007, 05:55 PM
his name is LUCID MOMENTS on k20a.org or ephatch.com

IndianStig
02-08-2007, 07:33 PM
can you get a k20 head+ecu+thottle boddy and system and remove that shit system?

i for one thing a turboed frankenstein would be HOTT in a TSX

JstAneon
02-09-2007, 10:40 AM
his name is LUCID MOMENTS on k20a.org or ephatch.com

Thank you +1:goodjob:

scttydb411
02-09-2007, 09:09 PM
i was going to get a tsx at one time and boost it, but the kpro only works in the civic/rsx chassis. there is too much electrical that won't work if you swap in a kpro'd ecu into a tsx.

JDM onlyy
02-10-2007, 05:27 AM
can you get a k20 head+ecu+thottle boddy and system and remove that shit system?

i for one thing a turboed frankenstein would be HOTT in a TSX

I believe the K20 would still be a drive by wire throttle system...

i was going to get a tsx at one time and boost it, but the kpro only works in the civic/rsx chassis. there is too much electrical that won't work if you swap in a kpro'd ecu into a tsx.

I also believe that Hondata currently has a K-Pro Series ECU for the K24 motor. I believe I saw that on www.Hondata.com They have it for automatic transmissions and manual. I think the K24 that comes in the TSX is the only K24 that has an engine for perfomance rather than economy, whereas the Honda Odyssey, also sporting a K24, is an economy version. :D

JDM onlyy
02-10-2007, 05:30 AM
Oh, and I'm pretty sure fabricating a turbo to fit into your TSX would be a GREAT IDEA. It shouldn't be hard, also I think I do remember seeing a Turbo Kit that was made when the TSX made its debut. I think I read about it in Super Street Magazine. :goodjob:

JstAneon
02-10-2007, 07:37 AM
Well... Scratch that idea. I'm getting a divorce and my wife is taking the TSX. :(

JDM onlyy
02-10-2007, 03:24 PM
Well... Scratch that idea. I'm getting a divorce and my wife is taking the TSX. :(

Well, that sucks ass, doesn't it? Would've been cool to see a turbocharged K24...well sorry to hear bout your divorce man.

scttydb411
02-10-2007, 08:53 PM
I believe the K20 would still be a drive by wire throttle system...

I also believe that Hondata currently has a K-Pro Series ECU for the K24 motor. I believe I saw that on www.Hondata.com They have it for automatic transmissions and manual. I think the K24 that comes in the TSX is the only K24 that has an engine for perfomance rather than economy, whereas the Honda Odyssey, also sporting a K24, is an economy version. :D

sorry if pics are too large...resizing them distorted text.
k24 k-pro has to use civic/rsx ecu.
tsx is a reflash only for n/a i/h/e.
unless there is some new conversion that allows all the tsx in car electronics to work it wasn't compatible in the past. if you know something i don't please point it to me since i should know this info.