PDA

View Full Version : Questions on my friend allisons car..from back home. EK Civic Coupe

jmmx258
02-07-2007, 08:56 PM
http://myspace-367.vo.llnwd.net/00922/76/34/922144367_l.jpg
This is how her car currently looks. (Body kits aren't considered rice back home) One skirt has a hole in it that they say CANT be fixed. Its only fiberglass i told her to hold off on painting it til after spring break, and that i'd fix it for her. She doesnt awnt to wait. so i've talked her into doing it stock, with a lip kit.
http://a409.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/16/l_0dd9535dad897f2b08170dd020e8e2c8.jpg
She dont care about JDM and USDM much, and LOVES this paint, do ya'll think it would look ok on her car?

She's Doint it stock with a mugen lip kit. She's in love with that paint so. Just taking a poll as to whether you guys think it'll look good (its a girls car, not a race car) on her car.

jmmx258
02-07-2007, 08:59 PM
Remember, its just a girl, and she's not worried about JDM or USDM colors. She's building the car on her own dime while going to school, paying rent, and working part time. So no crazy idea's

The Yousef
02-07-2007, 08:59 PM
is there an option for neither?

caseyT
02-07-2007, 09:01 PM
if thats what she likes why not?

osnap
02-07-2007, 09:05 PM
She's building the car on her own dime while going to school, paying rent, and working part time. So no crazy idea's

oh, so that explains why she wants expensive chameleon paint.

...wait.

:thinking:

haha just fuckin with ya though

jmmx258
02-07-2007, 09:12 PM
oh, so that explains why she wants expensive chameleon paint.

...wait.

haha just fuckin with ya though

Yeah thats what I said. I guess she's been saving cash for a little while to get the paint. I personally think its pretty sweet. I wouldnt do it but to each their own.

down_shift
02-07-2007, 09:59 PM
her cars ugly. body kits are not considered rice. but the one shes has is garbage. a little kitty hair and fb glass should fix the side skirt. she cant afford the paint so she shouldnt worry about it.

jmmx258
02-07-2007, 10:29 PM
her cars ugly. body kits are not considered rice. but the one shes has is garbage. a little kitty hair and fb glass should fix the side skirt. she cant afford the paint so she shouldnt worry about it.

And you can read too right? Guess not. If you could you would have read that "she's been saving cash for a while now to get that paint" Who know what a little comprehensive reading would do right? Dipshit.:goodjob:

Anyways this was just a post on the opinions on the paint with stock bumpers and mugen lips. Nothing more, nothing less. So far, i've gotten no responses even 1/4 near what I was asking.

jmmx258
02-07-2007, 10:30 PM
And, I already told her I would fix the side skirt, if she wanted to wait for paint until after spring break. But she doesnt want to. Her choice, not mine.

TIGERJC
02-07-2007, 10:39 PM
I don't care for that paint, but since she likes those kind of things then why not

Sol-Badguy
02-07-2007, 10:55 PM
I like the paint, but that thing extending over the stock "mouth" isn't that great.

aaronfelipe
02-07-2007, 10:58 PM
I guarantee your that somebody paid an assload of money, alot more than she probably would, to get the paint like that.

R3RUN
02-08-2007, 12:27 AM
Why post up a thread on whether or not people like it when you intend on bashing the people who say they dont like it? Seems pointless to me. By the way, the body kit and wheels are rice no matter where you live/go. I'm torn on the paint, I think it could look good if done right on the right car, I just don't know that a civic is the right car.

bigdare23
02-08-2007, 12:36 AM
What is rice? I always thought rice was thinking your car was fast when it really wasnt or making your car look fast when it really wasnt. Most bodykits are for styling purposes and not speed. Therefore bodykits /= rice.

bigdare23
02-08-2007, 12:37 AM
oh yeah, not my style but it might look good if done right!

down_shift
02-08-2007, 12:42 AM
You said "She's building the car on her own dime while going to school, paying rent, and working part time." So that negates any money she has "saved up".

I bet my bottom dollar she has not gotten a real price quote on that paint. I call bull shit on her getting it because if you were really going to do a full color change with a new crazy custom color that undoubtley requires an ass load of prep work to look decent you would take a moment to repair body damage.

The paint as a color is fine. but asking people what you should paint your car (or your friends) is fucking lame. Do what you want.

she cant afford the paint so this whole post/thread is useless.

ps egad her car is ugly. wheels, kit, graphics = super garbage barge

R3RUN
02-08-2007, 12:47 AM
What is rice? I always thought rice was thinking your car was fast when it really wasnt or making your car look fast when it really wasnt. Most bodykits are for styling purposes and not speed. Therefore bodykits /= rice.
I believe most people put on body kits in order to appear faster than they really are.

bigdare23
02-08-2007, 12:51 AM
I believe most people put on body kits in order to appear faster than they really are.

even females???

Hektik
02-08-2007, 01:03 AM
its her car its her decision why does it matter what anyone elese thinks.
personnally i think her car looks ugly now and will look ugly after. the paint scheme is ugly. i understand if shes been saving up money but like someone else said, she can save up for an extremely expensive paint job but can save up a couple more bucks to get the sideskirt fixed properly. then why do it why spend all this money on a paint job and have a hole in ur sideskirt.

jmmx258
02-08-2007, 01:15 AM
God damn if i knew it was going to be such a fuckin hassle to click a fuckin button i wouldnt have posted. All she looking for is opinions. Downshift you dont understand the concept of saving cash do you? That fact of the matter here, is she has already saved up the cash to have it painted, has already been quoted, and her car currently is sitting in the shop waiting to get done. So basically you can keep your comments to yourself because anything you would say from here on out is pissing in the wind.

All we're looking for is opinions as to either get new skirts and leave kit on, and paint it, or to do the paint with stock bumpers and mugen lips. Period. Nothing more, nothing less.

Is it really that hard?

jmmx258
02-08-2007, 01:44 AM
I like the paint, but that thing extending over the stock "mouth" isn't that great.

Are you talking about the 2nd pic? Thats not her car. I agree though, it's on the extreme far from great lol.

Her car (the first pic) doesnt have that lip. The bumper comes straight around.

bigdare23
02-08-2007, 01:47 AM
guy IA dont like bodykits. people get roasted everytime they post a pic of a with a kit.

devin
02-08-2007, 09:39 AM
if she likes it then why not? i dont like her car, no matter what paint you put on there. but if that what she wants to do, then she should do it.

btw.. most kits = rice. i dont care who you are.

jmmx258
02-08-2007, 09:44 AM
guy IA dont like bodykits. people get roasted everytime they post a pic of a with a kit.

Oh I figured that fromt he get go. Downshift however, seems to think he knows everything, about anything. Which is really not the case. His dipshit comments paid absolutely no relavance to the question that I first asked.

phongt12
02-08-2007, 10:02 AM
if i were her:

1. replace body kit with stock bumper with lip kit
2. lose the wheels
3. drop the car
4. get some OEM wheels (prelude, hfp, integra, etc.)
5. repaint to factory colors (w/no decals, stars, etc.)
6. start building the ****in engine!

so basically if she goes the route she is going now (body kit + cham. paint), she better be a damn good driver cause one crack on the fiberglass kit and/or paint and the car is ruined. and good luck trying to repair that.

bigdare23
02-08-2007, 10:09 AM
if i were her:

2. lose the wheels
3. drop the car

so basically if she goes the route she is going now (body kit + cham. paint), she better be a damn good driver cause one crack on the fiberglass kit and/or paint and the car is ruined. and good luck trying to repair that.

basically you are saying dont be orignal and be like everyone else out there. plus most females arent into racing so why would she need a build engine??? :thinking:

Sol-Badguy
02-08-2007, 10:41 AM
OH!

Yeah, for her, I think the lip kit with that paint would be alright.

nofive-0
02-08-2007, 11:15 AM
if i were her:

2. lose the wheels
3. drop the car

Prelude wheels on a civic. hmmmmm. I don't think that will work.

The car is going to be ugly either way. It's just a matter of taking the least ugly path. Chameleon paint generally goes on super exotics with crazy body lines. So chameleon paint on a stock bodied civic would look ugly and stupid. Where as chameleon paint on a kitted civic would just be rediculously fugly. I vote for keeping the kit to go along with the ungodly gaudiness of the car. But she will be wondering why people are making fun of her car.

phongt12
02-08-2007, 12:36 PM
basically you are saying dont be orignal and be like everyone else out there. plus most females arent into racing so why would she need a build engine??? :thinking:

it all depends on how you define the word "original." original can be clean and sleek or ricey and tacky. for a civic, you can still rock the mugen lip kit and grill, nice rims, tein springs, comptech exhaust, and factory paint and still be "original." cheap body kits, stickers, and loud exhausts basically says, "HEY IM A RICER!"

jmmx258
02-08-2007, 12:39 PM
Her stock bumpers are going back on. She's also bought a mugen lip kit. Next year probably the car will be dropped with different wheels. She's still going with the cham. paint. Thats her choice, she was just looking for opinions on the paint which was the purpose of this post/poll. Thanks n/eways for the input.

R3RUN
02-08-2007, 02:06 PM
Everytime someone gave a negative opinion you said it didnt matter because she was going to do it anyways..The creation of this thread was useless because you guys already made up your mind and didn't actually intend on changing it. Your thread = FAIL

Evil Goat
02-08-2007, 06:29 PM
pics of her tits or ban

Kamikaze
02-08-2007, 06:46 PM
Instead of dumping all that money into paint for that car, why not use it as a down payment on something newer?

BluesClues
02-08-2007, 07:07 PM
I agree with a lot of people on here Joey. It's her decision and if she has already made up her mind and didn't have any intentions on changing it then this thread didn't really need to be made. I don't think she should spend all that money on getting a paint job, but can't spend the money on getting the kit fixed, but if she is not keeping the kit and just want the car painted, fine. I personally don't like the color and don't think it would look good on a car, but it's not my car. If that is the type of stuff she likes, more power to her. Do yo thang!

Hektik
02-08-2007, 07:17 PM
Instead of dumping all that money into paint for that car, why not use it as a down payment on something newer?

best response yet...

+1

jmmx258
02-08-2007, 11:46 PM
Probably because she doesn't want something newer. It was her idea to get the opinions. Her mind wasnt made up either. Idk i give up fuck it. Obviously this was a total waste, it was a simple question. that got maybe 3 relevant responses. O'well

speedminded
02-09-2007, 12:22 AM
And you can read too right? Guess not. If you could you would have read that "she's been saving cash for a while now to get that paint" Who know what a little comprehensive reading would do right? Dipshit.:goodjob:1) Tell me how much you think a properly done color change paint job will cost.

2) Then tell me how much you think it will be using that paint: House of Kolors, Dupont Chameleon, any of the color shifting paints...

down_shift
02-09-2007, 12:49 AM
at least speedminded knows whats involved.

"That fact of the matter here, is she has already saved up the cash to have it painted, has already been quoted, and her car currently is sitting in the shop waiting to get done."

translation - she has $538 saved up, shes been quoted $350 by the manager of the local Macco to paint it sparkley orange, her car is awaiting a quik respray with no prep.

Your complaining about serious responses when your poll is vauge as hell and makes no reference on changing the body. my answer is bad with paint, bad without paint.

speedminded
02-09-2007, 01:06 AM
at least speedminded knows whats involved.

"That fact of the matter here, is she has already saved up the cash to have it painted, has already been quoted, and her car currently is sitting in the shop waiting to get done."

translation - she has $538 saved up, shes been quoted $350 by the manager of the local Macco to paint it sparkley orange, her car is awaiting a quik respray with no prep.

Your complaining about serious responses when your poll is vauge as hell and makes no reference on changing the body. my answer is bad with paint, bad without paint.I'm waiting for his answer. I know what a paint job costs and I know what a paint job done right costs. Color shifting paint is sold by the OUNCE, who on earth would spend the $$$ on a gallon of that paint and not do it properly: door jambs, trunk, and lets not even talk about under the hood...? He's going to be in for a real big suprise when he replies...

Dirty Octopus™
02-09-2007, 02:39 PM
lets be real... and paint it a real color.
like... granada black or some shit. :D