PDA

View Full Version : THANKS TO THOSE WHO CAME TO TFS v2.0

Julio
06-19-2005, 01:49 AM
Just want to say THANK YOU to all that came and to the ones that left.

Mother nature got us hard, But still we went on to finish the event, Yes later then expected, But we made it happen.

We only manage to complete the Car show and Bikini Portion of the event, unfortunatly, the rest could not be done. NO RACING,NO BURNOUT CONTEST,NO 3v3 B-ball, NO STUNT TEAM...
Whoever payed to race, you have a rain check for next friday.
The show had an incredible start.

After everything cleared and judging started we still had 100+ cars left.. AMAZING.
Before the RAIN there were over 500+ vehicles, trying to race/show & sound.
And who know how many spectators.

But, TUNERFEST SHOOTOUT v 3.0 is ALREADY in the books for next YEAR =]

So expect TFS v3.0 to be BETTER AND BIGGER.

We tried to make everyone as happy as possible, IT WAS HARD, im not going to lie, but we tried.. HARD.

ONCE AGAIN THANKS TO EVERYONE..

THANKS TO ALL OUR SPONSORS:

Mopar
Nhra
Chrysler Hayes Family Dealerships
Mahdavi Motorsports
Sprayglo
Kaufman Tire
Quikdrop.com
Batlground
Audiopro
Knowledge Performance
Sprayglo
Ntb
Ccr
Ek Jeans
Mainstream Performance
Evolution Auto Design
Eurotech Performance
5 Point Studios
Turbo Dave
Fulllock.net
Dropsmobile.com

Tracy
06-19-2005, 02:56 AM
NO! Thank you Julio :)

1439/2000
06-19-2005, 03:05 AM
Wish I could have stayed but when in starts hailing and rains about 2 feet in 20 minutes....I got scared. =) Got to see a few nice cars and some quick times.

25 bucks was worth it to see that turbo regal run 9's. So sexy. Any pictures yet???

Brett
06-19-2005, 07:39 AM
Yeah tha rain screwed the whole show up, And the hail.... That just mad eit worse for those of us who decided to stay and stick it out to support the show, We piad a high price for that choice, I know my car did :(

quickdodgeŽ
06-19-2005, 08:14 AM
No problem, Julio. Later, QD.

Chuckster
06-19-2005, 08:38 AM
no problem even though i wasnt there longer then 30 mins.
I arrived when the rain stoped

ironchef
06-19-2005, 08:39 AM
So who ended up winning the bikini contest?

KL_03Mx-3
06-19-2005, 08:45 AM
the chick that had the pink bikini on

JC
06-19-2005, 09:02 AM
^^ Christie

kilpatty43
06-19-2005, 09:13 AM
it was fun...the rain sucked...wish we couldve stayed but i was at the mercy of other people...thanks again julio, pablo and paul

Boosted S60R
06-19-2005, 09:13 AM
It was a great show till the weather. Thanks again to all the Ia peeps!

collins
06-19-2005, 09:26 AM
brett, does yours have a good bit of hail damage?

kilpatty43
06-19-2005, 09:29 AM
yeah i wish i couldve seen brett when that rain and hail hit...we all know how he doesnt let that car get wet...i bet he was having a heart attack

5thgcelica
06-19-2005, 09:30 AM
yeah i was wondering about all the show cars and the hail

4dmin
06-19-2005, 09:39 AM
I want to personally thank everyone who came... we were well on the way to having a bigger event than HIN, we had more participants by 530-6pm. and people were still lined up. We were actually considering closing down show entrys b/c of the size we had already; then the rain came and washed us all away.

We did have some gate confusion b/c we didn't expect the people we got... we didn't change our gate format from last year, but we just couldn't handle the crowds through one gate. As of next year you will see a completely different format to accomadate the crowds, and we have some big plans & backing from the track to make it the only event of its kind in the US w/ some new events added. We are trying to build and strive to give you (IA) the best show we can provide.

again thank you too all of the clubs/teams & solo who represented i know i saw people from all over IA, it was nice to see the support.

To all of the vendors, staff, thank you for your support. There really not must to say due to the rain. Many vendors were still very happy w/ the #'s we were pulling but the rain just beat us out. We hope to see all you out next year for a bigger and better event.

YESTERDAY WAS THE GREAT LOCAL SHOW THAT NEVER HAPPENED... :(

thanx

Brett
06-19-2005, 09:56 AM
brett, does yours have a good bit of hail damage?

It has a few pings in it, But you know how I am about my car, and hail is not a thing I needed to happen to it, ya know?

Heather- I was BEYOND having a heart attack, I was in the car freaking out beyond what I have ever done

JagerGirl
06-19-2005, 10:08 AM
I had a blast, even though it took like 8 people to hold down a tent... my legs are bruised from hail damage... but I had a blast!!!

kilpatty43
06-19-2005, 10:12 AM
It has a few pings in it, But you know how I am about my car, and hail is not a thing I needed to happen to it, ya know?

Heather- I was BEYOND having a heart attack, I was in the car freaking out beyond what I have ever done
haha...when the first drops of rain hit i looked over to shawna and said 'bretts going to be pissed!' everytime we walked by you were touching up your car...i knew youd be pissed

Brett
06-19-2005, 10:20 AM
HA HA HA The rain didnt tick me off to bad, I came preparred for that ( I always have a way to dry the car off at any outdoor show ) but the hail is what got me so damn pissed, and I know after that people tried to talk to me and I didnt talk to anyone, I hope people didnt think I was trying to ignore them, etc.. I was just in a bad mood after that hail

JagerGirl
06-19-2005, 10:27 AM
^thanks ass hole!

Brett
06-19-2005, 10:28 AM
You talkin to me Tiff?

kilpatty43
06-19-2005, 10:31 AM
oh i bet...i felt bad for leisa for having to deal with you all night lol

Brett
06-19-2005, 10:37 AM
HA HA HA Yeah I told her on our way home if I yelled at her any that night I was sorry, I was just not in a good mood.... Hail has a way of freaking me out...lol

quickdodgeŽ
06-19-2005, 10:38 AM
Leisa woulda just told you to "GO TO HAIL!" Later, QD.

Brett
06-19-2005, 10:39 AM
^^^^ :lmfao:

Nittanys1
06-19-2005, 10:48 AM
i'm glad you parked so close to me brett :D only allowed the hail to hit from my windows up :D

Brandon C
06-19-2005, 10:51 AM
From Forty5 Entertainment & Shi Nasty SoundZ(THe Loud System)

First off We want to thank Pablo,Julio and Paul for being some of the best promtoters we have worked for..The Show was On it's way to being huge. I heard something to fact of the track talking like it was bigger than anyother of it's kind before and they were not prepeared.
THe Rain Came so quick We truly had No Choice. I hold No one resposible for Mother Nature..

Just to let everyone knoe that asked yesterday our damage report will not be know for at least 2 weeks or so as our $100,000.00 system and 40% of my records,CD MIxers,Turntables,MIxer and so much more were flooded dramatically.We poured about a half gallon of water out of each speaker. We did permantly lose the 2 of our Top Speakers and I do not know How much more as those were Blown off the top by the high winds. Billy,My Wife,Adam,Roe and I tryed to wait out the storm for the first 30 min in the tent holding up the tent trying to save as much as we could but when the tent riped apart it was either our lives or the equipment. I Will say untill the rain we had our system were you could hear it anywhere out there it was screaming baby.

Once again we were haveing a great time untill the freakin monsoon and do apoligize about not being able to finish but Mother Nature had other plans.

By the way it was cool to meet those who came over especialy QD I now have a face in my head when you talk trash..Ha...

And Yes the 3rd wed of next month we will be out at Malibu for the Internationall Allstars Bike NIght..Maybe some of ypu can come by and Say whats Up.

We look forward to next years TF vol 3.0 as we will be better prepared for the weather maybe I wilkl set up inside a 18 wheeler of something and two box vans so that way we dont have to worry about the weather..

Thank you once again Pablo,Julio and Paul you guys are awsome and Very Undertsanding People we will do a show for you guys anytime....

:cool:

Brett
06-19-2005, 10:54 AM
i'm glad you parked so close to me brett :D only allowed the hail to hit from my windows up :D

Glad I could be of assistance...LOL

quickdodgeŽ
06-19-2005, 10:55 AM
Aahhaha! Even thought it was cool to meet you, fuck off. Lolol. Later, QD.

Brandon C
06-19-2005, 10:57 AM
ouch man

4dmin
06-19-2005, 11:13 AM
thanx brandon, we are very sorry for the weather and the loss of equipment. i do hope it was insured.

Brandon C
06-19-2005, 11:17 AM
THe Insurance does not cover act of God..Ie. Flooding but we have several tech's working on it....I still had fun and that was the greatest thrill ride I have ever been in Literely...

Any Time Paul any Time

threehundred
06-19-2005, 11:38 AM
We tried to make everyone as happy as possible, IT WAS HARD, im not going to lie, but we tried.. HARD.

I want to personally thank everyone who came... we were well on the way to having a bigger event than HIN, we had more participants by 530-6pm. and people were still lined up. We were actually considering closing down show entrys b/c of the size we had already; then the rain came and washed us all away.

As of next year you will see a completely different format to accomadate the crowds, and we have some big plans & backing from the track to make it the only event of its kind in the US w/ some new events added. We are trying to build and strive to give you (IA) the best show we can provide.

again thank you too all of the clubs/teams & solo who represented i know i saw people from all over IA, it was nice to see the support.

To all of the vendors, staff, thank you for your support. There really not must to say due to the rain. Many vendors were still very happy w/ the #'s we were pulling but the rain just beat us out. We hope to see all you out next year for a bigger and better event.

YESTERDAY WAS THE GREAT LOCAL SHOW THAT NEVER HAPPENED... :(

thanx

You guys rock, and I personally can't wait til the next one. What about maybe a v2.5?? In say the beginning of october, if X-rated isn't going to have their show. The show was alright even with it being only like 1/6 the size it originally was going to be. Paul, Julio, Pablo - you guys did a very good job trying to turn lemons into lemonade and you could tell that everyone who stuck around appreciated that.

Brett
06-19-2005, 11:40 AM
Yeah I say hold a 2.5 so we have it again :D

But the IA staff did a great job and worked with what they had, That shows how they cared for the people there who stuck it out

TKellarB
06-19-2005, 11:42 AM
Even with all the issues - it still ranks up there as being one of the most fun shows I have been involved in! Def. the most memorable :) Thanks guys!!

Jaimecbr900
06-19-2005, 12:25 PM
Even with all the issues - it still ranks up there as being one of the most fun shows I have been involved in! Def. the most memorable :) Thanks guys!!

Yeah no kidding....tornados, hail, sheets of water, you lost your keys, I finally met QD (which btw you didn't come back for that MD I had for ya... ;) ), DJ equipment ruined, I almost got in a fight, I didn't get to run on the track.....It was crazy, but FUN! :D

Nittanys1
06-19-2005, 12:44 PM
+ an ass who didnt want to turn down his CRAP...thats right CRAP...so Pablo could do awards....I had your back.....and im sure alot more would be there in a flash!

quickdodgeŽ
06-19-2005, 01:08 PM
I finally met QD (which btw you didn't come back for that MD I had for ya... ;) ),

And I wanted it, too. Like I said earlier, my family was sick and I had to get home to them. But now I have a face to put all my winning arguements to. Lolol, j/k. Later, QD.

dartingd
06-19-2005, 01:08 PM
what time were awards handed out? btw, i was the tall guy in brown hat and orange apple juice/oj shirt....we left halfway through the bikini contest, as we were there only for the race....i had the silver/gold accord w/ lude si wheels and yakima rack...only pulled a 15.8, but did realize that something is up w/ my performance issues....was very disappointed, but loved it when that huge jeep came runnin through the deep water and soaked those two guys that were fussing at everyone! also enjoyed watching the ice machines float away, lol...out of the people i rolled w/ though, goinfasterthanu managed to pull a 13.8 in his hatch....good time guys!!!

Katie
06-19-2005, 01:21 PM
good times hehe

Kevykev
06-19-2005, 01:24 PM
though my girl was gonna be pissed after the hailing since i took her car yesterday. but i evaluated the car in the sunlight today, and there is mysteriously no visible damage due to hail

4dmin
06-19-2005, 01:34 PM
ATTN: members and those asking..

We are tossing around ideas for a TFS v2.5 before the end of the season... whatever we do it will be in everyones best interest, i can not elaborate on anything, but we will have something alittle more soild in the week to come. and whatever we do there will be NO COST FOR TFS SUPPORTERS!!!

On a personal note, i know some of you feel let down on some aspects of the show... i will be the first to admit it was turning out to be way larger than we expected, and i know we can do things better. When the rain started to come in, it got crazy and things to a turn for the worse, $10,000's in show prep, advertising and planning down the tubes, time for PLAN B (and there was no PLAN B). As stated above we tried to make lemonade w/ the lemons we were given. If i was spectating or showing i would probably would fell alittle bumed out as well.... but i assure you me, julio, and pablo are here to serve you. In 5 years IA has been up and running strong it was built by its members and has always been ran by members. We will take care of our own and will not forget those who support us.

Thanx again.

quickdodgeŽ
06-19-2005, 01:40 PM
Yessir. Later, QD.

dartingd
06-19-2005, 01:45 PM
good pr...good pr...i actually wasn't really bumed...ran 6 times, but i'm gonna go friday now i guess...how will you know who went to tfs if you do the second for free?

quickdodgeŽ
06-19-2005, 01:47 PM
how will you know who went to tfs if you do the second for free?

By saving these threads. Lolol. I'm sure the sign-up sheets will work fine. Later, QD.

4dmin
06-19-2005, 01:48 PM
we are tossing ideas around like i said before i can't elaborate but whatever we do will have NO COST AND I MEAN NO COST TO OUR SUPPORTERS!!!

thanx

quickdodgeŽ
06-19-2005, 01:53 PM
Am I supporter? I mean, I did give Pablo a free case of beer straight from Budweiser. Shit hadn't even been brewed a week when I gave it to him. Later, QD.

WINDSOR
06-19-2005, 01:56 PM
try to have it at another track if possible. Commerce sucks...Silver dollar has much nicer people that run the track.

Nittanys1
06-19-2005, 01:57 PM
I'll be there! just waiting for updates

5thgcelica
06-19-2005, 02:01 PM
ill do all i can to be at the next one to support!

you guys do such a great job at trying to keep things moving. keep it up!!

The Yousef
06-19-2005, 06:02 PM
yeah the show was awesome (for the 20 minutes i was there...until The Act of God happened)....sorry i left so early...(but my skinny ass+gail force winds = wizard of oz moment for yousef)...i meet some peeps on IA finally in person...so it was all good...i'll be back next year! (hopefully showing)

yousef

Brett
06-19-2005, 06:05 PM
Am I supporter? I mean, I did give Pablo a free case of beer straight from Budweiser. Shit hadn't even been brewed a week when I gave it to him. Later, QD.

And you didnt bring me a FRESH case? WTF??

Brett
06-19-2005, 06:08 PM
ATTN: members and those asking..

We are tossing around ideas for a TFS v2.5 before the end of the season... whatever we do it will be in everyones best interest, i can not elaborate on anything, but we will have something alittle more soild in the week to come. and whatever we do there will be NO COST FOR TFS SUPPORTERS!!!

On a personal note, i know some of you feel let down on some aspects of the show... i will be the first to admit it was turning out to be way larger than we expected, and i know we can do things better. When the rain started to come in, it got crazy and things to a turn for the worse, $10,000's in show prep, advertising and planning down the tubes, time for PLAN B (and there was no PLAN B). As stated above we tried to make lemonade w/ the lemons we were given. If i was spectating or showing i would probably would fell alittle bumed out as well.... but i assure you me, julio, and pablo are here to serve you. In 5 years IA has been up and running strong it was built by its members and has always been ran by members. We will take care of our own and will not forget those who support us.

Thanx again.

I think a 2.5 would be fuckin awesome!! I think IA members would come out and support the show whenever it is. I know this show was so planned out and nature took that away from it, but thats okay, IA members are loyal, and will support the show no matter what

Leisa
06-19-2005, 06:09 PM
Im game... I will be there to show support ....

The Yousef
06-19-2005, 06:22 PM
I think a 2.5 would be fuckin awesome!! I think IA members would come out and support the show whenever it is. I know this show was so planned out and nature took that away from it, but thats okay, IA members are loyal, and will support the show no matter what

eloquently said brett and paul...i'm with y'all till the end (prolly don't want me...but i'm stubborn and have no life:) )...lol

yousef

Shawna
06-19-2005, 06:27 PM
ill be there to support yall again but hopefully I wont get stuck in any puddles this time around!!!

ProjectWidow
06-19-2005, 06:33 PM
Thanks to the IA staff for doing what they did and kept the showing rolling. I know if this was at some other show they probably would have said "goodbye" and left. But for sticking around and making the show better after the rain, that is great and so was the bikini contest!! i'm also down with everyone for TFS v2.5!

rollininstyle2004
06-19-2005, 07:57 PM
i'm also down with everyone for TFS v2.5!
Same here :goodjob:

drupason
06-19-2005, 08:02 PM
cool maybe i could make the 2.5 if yall have it

Julio
06-19-2005, 08:04 PM
Don't think there will be a TFS v2.5.. But something a little smaller for everyone to just chill and hang out and have fun.

Unfortunatly I think Moving TFS from ATLANTA DRAGWAY wont be a good idea.
I personally think Silver dollar is a better track, but does not have the proper space needed for this type of event.
Atlanta dragway will be going under the knife pretty soon, so renovation is in the works after they shut down this year, so lets hope they come through.

Jaimecbr900
06-19-2005, 08:12 PM
+ an ass who didnt want to turn down his CRAP...thats right CRAP...so Pablo could do awards....I had your back.....and im sure alot more would be there in a flash!

I appreciate it, really. I started running my mouth and then I thought, "oh shit, I'm gonna have to fight both these MF's", then I saw you and Arash.

Have they posted up the list of the winners yet? Pablo/Julio/Paul?????

Nittanys1
06-19-2005, 08:12 PM
we can have it at my house :D ........

jk

no problem Jamie, I was nice and drunk I wouldn't have felt a thing :D

Jaimecbr900
06-19-2005, 08:13 PM
And I wanted it, too. Like I said earlier, my family was sick and I had to get home to them. But now I have a face to put all my winning arguements to. Lolol, j/k. Later, QD.

I totally understand and werd!!!! :D

Brett
06-19-2005, 08:22 PM
Travis what story you going by, You keep telling me you werent drunk...lol

Nittanys1
06-19-2005, 08:23 PM
i was drunk, but not drunk drunk :D

dfire9
06-20-2005, 09:52 AM
Might be a little late, but good jobs fellas I will support whatever you all decide to do.

Pablo
06-20-2005, 10:29 AM
thank you mike!

B16a2 Civic
06-20-2005, 10:40 AM
was on my way.....was a lil late cause i was putting my car back together .....but my boy called and said ya'll was shutting down cause of weather ( which i see now wasn't true) so i turned around at about Lagrange and went back home :(

eViLMunkey
06-20-2005, 10:41 AM
So where's my free case.... it was somewhat fun even though it rained still stuck it out... till like 9:30

Big Baller
06-20-2005, 10:42 AM
Somebody needs to slap thoses bitches working the front gate in the mouth.

Fuck commerce.

I still go if you have it there but I sure do like alot of other places better.

Matt

Spyder
06-20-2005, 11:01 AM
Somebody needs to slap thoses bitches working the front gate in the mouth.

Fuck commerce.

I still go if you have it there but I sure do like alot of other places better.

Matt

exactly, i absolutely hate the imbreed retards that are working there. after i sat in line for 45 min to get in ( i know this is a minimal amount of time compared to most) i get to the gate and hand the chick my papers and money, 2 tickets 2 coupons 10 bucks. let me in.... she walks off and i let off my brake and roll about 2 feet (no clutch no gas just a very slow roll) and she comes running back to my car and slams her ham fist into my A-pillar and says "stop trying to sneek thru!" i just looked at her as i had rolled almost 2 feet... she then says "dontch yall let anyone thru here they are trying to sneek in, if they come past these post *points at post* yall need to kick them out!"

as i finally get into the track about 30 min later they FINALLY decided to open up both gates. apprently they ran out of brains to share and had to wait on one other person to get there..

anyhow it was a good event , or should i say it had potential to be one :) i just wish the weather had held out so i would have had some more time to talk with the vendors..

B16a2 Civic
06-20-2005, 11:04 AM
exactly, i absolutely hate the imbreed retards that are working there. after i sat in line for 45 min to get in ( i know this is a minimal amount of time compared to most) i get to the gate and hand the chick my papers and money, 2 tickets 2 coupons 10 bucks. let me in.... she walks off and i let off my brake and roll about 2 feet (no clutch no gas just a very slow roll) and she comes running back to my car and slams her ham fist into my A-pillar and says "stop trying to sneek thru!" i just looked at her as i had rolled almost 2 feet... she then says "dontch yall let anyone thru here they are trying to sneek in, if they come past these post *points at post* yall need to kick them out!" ..

Lol yeeh haw muh fuckas....oh yeah, why did she walk off?

eViLMunkey
06-20-2005, 11:07 AM
I would ghave bitched her out for hitting my car... and told her your e-brake wasn't on and you accidentally rolled forward... Ban country music... discourage inbreeding..

dartingd
06-20-2005, 11:30 AM
i thought the "officials" (two rednecks walking around in street clothes) were annoying, but the gate didn't give me any problems..