PDA

View Full Version : What is the closet Non-Emission County From Cobb County???

NUGZ
02-07-2007, 01:40 PM
Just wondering where is the closest no emission county is from Cobb and or where could I find this info out?thanks for the help.

Killer
02-07-2007, 01:42 PM
prolly pickens... i'm not so sure on cherokee.... but my car is registered in blue ridge.. hour and a half from marietta... they don't bother with emissions in north ga.

B18c1Turboed
02-07-2007, 01:54 PM
prolly pickens... i'm not so sure on cherokee.... but my car is registered in blue ridge.. hour and a half from marietta... they don't bother with emissions in north ga.

Not true starting next year ALL of GA gotta have emissions done. They caught on too you guys!!! And me too im screwed now!!

Time to register my car in good ole Alabama!

Slowboy
02-07-2007, 01:57 PM
wtf^^^ that would really suck
i dont think they wil be able to do it. hopefully

Killer
02-07-2007, 02:03 PM
Not true starting next year ALL of GA gotta have emissions done. They caught on too you guys!!! And me too im screwed now!!

Time to register my car in good ole Alabama!

i want proof...

Ran
02-07-2007, 02:07 PM
i want proof...I don't have any solid proof on me, but he speaks the truth. Georgia is cracking down on emissions pretty hardcore.

The closest to Cobb County would probably be Bartow. My buddy has an Evo he registered there to escape emissions, but they'll be requiring emissions starting next year I believe.

2.0civic
02-07-2007, 02:11 PM
I don't have any solid proof on me, but he speaks the truth. Georgia is cracking down on emissions pretty hardcore.

The closest to Cobb County would probably be Bartow. My buddy has an Evo he registered there to escape emissions, but they'll be requiring emissions starting next year I believe.

barrow will be starting next year :(

im fucked now too

Killer
02-07-2007, 02:13 PM
i don't see places like blue ridge (fannin county) worrying about emissions.. there is not enough traffic... and they are such small towns...

HalfBaked
02-07-2007, 02:15 PM
I don't have any solid proof on me, but he speaks the truth. Georgia is cracking down on emissions pretty hardcore.

Why?

Evos are new enough where they don't have to pass emissions yet...

Slowboy
02-07-2007, 02:18 PM
i dont even have an exhaust, i mean. I have like the first half but the other half got ripped off. I was riddin to low. haha

Ran
02-07-2007, 02:19 PM
Why?

Evos are new enough where they don't have to pass emissions yet...Yeah, I just talked to him on AIM about that. Sorry, he was referring to his SR20 240SX, not the Evo. :doh:

Ran
02-07-2007, 02:22 PM
i don't see places like blue ridge (fannin county) worrying about emissions.. there is not enough traffic... and they are such small towns...I don't think it's so much the level of traffic as it is them trying to get a statewide regulation on it. I couldn't say for certain though.

HalfBaked
02-07-2007, 02:23 PM
Isn't one of the reasons why some rural don't have emissions is because people drive there tractors on the road if they have to take them places like field to field, and by putting emissions in the county it'd require the tractors to pass as well?

Killer
02-07-2007, 02:24 PM
i think it would be bad for too many businesses...

JennB
02-07-2007, 02:26 PM
2003 and 2004 have to have emissions testing for 2007... Evo's were made in both years.

The three most recent model years of all cars are exempt. This year that means 2005, 2006 and 2007.

B18c1Turboed
02-07-2007, 02:28 PM
Yea something else, if you guys have a car register in a county like Cobb county where they require emissions, and you go to another count to register the other car.DONT USE YOUR DL. they track the cars by that!

I have my civic register in Hall county they moved it back to gwinnett becasue we had3 other cars in Gwinnett.When we callled and aske why they said they need a bill too show proof of address change!!

Killer
02-07-2007, 03:05 PM
yeah, my old address is still on my lic... i go there on the weekends and it's my parents house.. so...

i3abyjay2502
02-07-2007, 03:44 PM
i may have a guy who might be able to help everyone out on their emissions. hes taken the test right now to be certified and will know here in about a week.

HalfBaked
02-07-2007, 03:46 PM
i may have a guy who might be able to help everyone out on their emissions. hes taken the test right now to be certified and will know here in about a week.
I posted in your other thread that I do emissions and can hook ya up.

Go check it out.

2.0civic
02-07-2007, 03:46 PM

this coming form a guy with 4 posts in 5 months who just made a thread asking where to pass at....i beleive this...

2.0civic
02-07-2007, 03:49 PM
but seriously, Halfbaked hooked me up

B18c1Turboed
02-07-2007, 04:13 PM
I posted in your other thread that I do emissions and can hook ya up.

Go check it out.

Man you guys are brave for posting that shit, I personally know somone that was doing that also.He got caught doing like 10 cars and got 2 years in jail and a HUGE ass fine!!

I would be careful what i post up so freely!!

hondamex7217
02-07-2007, 04:21 PM
not all of GA has to have emmisons done,( white and habersham and hall and banks)

quickdodgeŽ
02-07-2007, 04:37 PM
Just wondering where is the closest no emission county is from Cobb and or where could I find this info out?thanks for the help.

How many goddamn threads do you think you need for this bullshit! Later, QD.

quickdodgeŽ
02-07-2007, 04:39 PM
Also, why go to a non-emission county? It won't do you any good. If you trying to register a car there to get out of emissions, you will need to show proof of residency in that county. Light bill or any other utility bill AND your driver's license showing that you live in that county. Later, QD.

Mike Lowrey
02-07-2007, 04:40 PM
How many goddamn threads do you think you need for this bullshit! Later, QD.

:stupid:

Fuckin' Noobs.

Leadfoot_mf
02-09-2007, 10:18 AM
Also, why go to a non-emission county? It won't do you any good. If you trying to register a car there to get out of emissions, you will need to show proof of residency in that county. Light bill or any other utility bill AND your driver's license showing that you live in that county. Later, QD.
no all you have to do is go to dmv in the county you want to live in give them the address where you want to live. you get to change your address once for free. the only catch is you need to know and trust the person where you give the address to other wise if you get jury duty or any other thing parking ticket etc. you will not know and a bench warrant will be issued. i know someone that is doing this. ;)

RandomGuy
02-09-2007, 11:52 AM
i think its cheaper just to have 2 exhausts / 2 fuel maps just switch em the day of emissions run some of that "pass emissions" shit and keep it all legal :)

ShooterMcGavin
02-09-2007, 12:04 PM
this coming form a guy with 4 posts in 5 months who just made a thread asking where to pass at....i beleive this...
lol, callout! and he's got neg reps on top of that :lmao:

quickdodgeŽ
02-09-2007, 02:52 PM
no all you have to do is go to dmv in the county you want to live in give them the address where you want to live. you get to change your address once for free. the only catch is you need to know and trust the person where you give the address to other wise if you get jury duty or any other thing parking ticket etc. you will not know and a bench warrant will be issued. i know someone that is doing this. ;)

I was talking about if you do things the right way. Later, QD.

Mike Lowrey
02-09-2007, 02:53 PM
This shit still going?

Ban the Puto!

§treet_§peed
02-09-2007, 04:05 PM
No emissions in HAll County...:D

jfman
02-09-2007, 11:23 PM
i think its cheaper just to have 2 exhausts / 2 fuel maps just switch em the day of emissions run some of that "pass emissions" shit and keep it all legal :)

Works for OBD1 cars btu what about the heavely modded and OBD1 convereted OBD2's ???

Echonova
02-10-2007, 11:45 AM
Works for OBD1 cars btu what about the heavely modded and OBD1 convereted OBD2's ???

I've heard if you fill up your tank and pour a bottle of rubbing alcohol in you'll pass emissions. Might be an urban legend, never tried it. Walton Co. FTW!!!!

jfman
02-10-2007, 04:19 PM
I've heard if you fill up your tank and pour a bottle of rubbing alcohol in you'll pass emissions. Might be an urban legend, never tried it. Walton Co. FTW!!!!

I take it you have no fucking idea how they do emissions on OBD2 cars. Impossible of an 96up car converted to OBD1 to pass emissions, aint gonna happen no matter what you pu in the tank.

Wurm
02-10-2007, 04:51 PM
my jdm zc passed emission when i had it

Echonova
02-10-2007, 05:14 PM
I take it you have no fucking idea how they do emissions on OBD2 cars. Impossible of an 96up car converted to OBD1 to pass emissions, aint gonna happen no matter what you pu in the tank.

Guess sarcasm is lost on you...in a thread looking for the closet?

HyPer50
02-10-2007, 09:15 PM
polk county up near rockmart probably. not sure tho and too lazy to read the replies.

R3RUN
02-10-2007, 10:36 PM
Hooray for florida!