PDA

View Full Version : Corolla Motor?

r6slayer
03-11-2005, 06:22 PM
I'm looking for a motor compatible to a 2001 corolla. VVTi? Perhaps someone knows these cars or knows what other motor will go? Toyota says that the bearings in this motor are gone and is currently checking it out to see if the motor can be fixed. I don't know what other motors will work with this car. Thanks if you can help.

r6slayer
03-12-2005, 06:01 PM
Anyone know where I can get a motor???

RutRoe
03-13-2005, 04:21 PM
I heard a rumor before that the celica motor would swap in there as would the 6 speed...

if I was you I would search on google or something liek that for that year corolla, or maybe look for a corolla forum.

Good luck, hope that helps.

hurlyfire7
03-15-2005, 07:46 AM
i had the same problem with my corolla, 2 piston bearings broke in half and blew the engine... you could get the bearings fixed but if youve been driving it im sure your crank is all screwed too, cost me bout 2500 for a new motor, celica gt engine would go into the engine bay, but thats nothin special tecnically the corolla enigine and the celica gt engine are the same, gts swap would be expensive as hell i looked into it and it would cost easily around 6000 for tranny and motor, plus install.. best idea to do is buy new bearings and get someone to install them, make sure it runs fine without the engine knocking, and trade the bitch in as soon as you can