PDA

View Full Version : ALL VERIZON CUSTOMERS BEWARE!!!

The Ninja
02-06-2007, 05:34 PM
Well I heard that they increased the amount for single text messages from $.10 to $.15. If you were looking for a way to get out of your Verizon contract, here it is....

http://consumerist.com/consumer/readers/script-for-escaping-verizon-contracts-without-fee-based-on-text-message-rate-raises-234164.php

carito1
02-07-2007, 01:08 PM
man dats y i hate verizon wireless... no offense but they have da worst customer service!!!!!!!!!

2.0civic
02-07-2007, 01:14 PM
sprint FTMFW

gtikid
02-07-2007, 01:47 PM
Cingular did the same thing. It's how cellphone companies work. It used to be $.05 a long time ago...good find though on getting out of your contract :goodjob:

2.0civic
02-07-2007, 01:48 PM
Cingular did the same thing. It's how cellphone companies work. It used to be $.05 a long time ago...good find though on getting out of your contract :goodjob:

hell, until i left, i had customers get pissed that we still didnt have the unlimited packages anymore

Kelly
02-07-2007, 01:54 PM
I have unlimited text/pic messages for ten bucks a month :dunno:

Verizon- FTW

gtikid
02-07-2007, 01:58 PM
hell, until i left, i had customers get pissed that we still didnt have the unlimited packages anymore

Yea I don't understand why Verizon and Cingular don't have unlimited txt packages by now :thinking: It's retarded, especially since just about every other damn company out theres offers unlimited texting for about $15/month. We would have so many more customers with higher tier texting plans if we had an unlimited package, and if our texting packages weren't so ridiculously high. I mean shit, $20 for 3000 text messages?! :screwy:

Kelly
02-07-2007, 01:59 PM
THEY DO!!!

2.0civic
02-07-2007, 02:01 PM
Yea I don't understand why Verizon and Cingular don't have unlimited txt packages by now :thinking: It's retarded, especially since just about every other damn company out theres offers unlimited texting for about $15/month. We would have so many more customers with higher tier texting plans if we had an unlimited package, and if our texting packages weren't so ridiculously high. I mean shit, $20 for 3000 text messages?! :screwy:

yeah thats one of the reasons i left actually...everyone else verticals are cheaper and easier to sell on full commissioned salary

Kelly
02-07-2007, 02:05 PM
http://www.mobiletracker.net/archives/2007/01/12/verizon-wireless-sms-price

Verizon Wireless joins SMS price increase club
Jan 12 2007 - 04:16 PM ET | SMS, Verizon Wireless
Sprint Nextel started things off by increasing the amount it charges for SMS messages. Cingular dove in next and angered a lot of customers by sticking to its early termination fee despite a 50% price increase for a central service. This week Verizon Wireless announced a similar move, text messages will cost $.15 instead of $.10. This fee applies to both incoming and outgoing messages. T-Mobile remains the only national carrier to keep $.10 texting.

Verizon Wireless' price increase goes live on March 1st. Customers who subscribe to a messaging plan will not see any increase. The FAQ does not make it clear if customers who do not have a text messaging plan will be able to opt out of their contracts without having to pay an early termination fee. Sprint allowed this for a short period of time, but Cingular did not. Some Verizon Wireless customers have reported that customer service reps are offering to disable text messaging without a fee as that is the only portion of service that has had its pricing change.

The actual language in the contract seems to back up what these customers are reporting. You can read the current price change policies of Verizon Wireless, Cingular, Sprint Nextel and T-Mobile below.

2.0civic
02-07-2007, 02:07 PM
http://www.mobiletracker.net/archives/2007/01/12/verizon-wireless-sms-price

Verizon Wireless joins SMS price increase club
Jan 12 2007 - 04:16 PM ET | SMS, Verizon Wireless
Sprint Nextel started things off by increasing the amount it charges for SMS messages. Cingular dove in next and angered a lot of customers by sticking to its early termination fee despite a 50% price increase for a central service. This week Verizon Wireless announced a similar move, text messages will cost $.15 instead of $.10. This fee applies to both incoming and outgoing messages. T-Mobile remains the only national carrier to keep $.10 texting.

Verizon Wireless' price increase goes live on March 1st. Customers who subscribe to a messaging plan will not see any increase. The FAQ does not make it clear if customers who do not have a text messaging plan will be able to opt out of their contracts without having to pay an early termination fee. Sprint allowed this for a short period of time, but Cingular did not. Some Verizon Wireless customers have reported that customer service reps are offering to disable text messaging without a fee as that is the only portion of service that has had its pricing change.

The actual language in the contract seems to back up what these customers are reporting. You can read the current price change policies of Verizon Wireless, Cingular, Sprint Nextel and T-Mobile below.

sprints has not gone up recently so when is that info from?

Kelly
02-07-2007, 02:08 PM
It says Jan 12th...

I've had my messaging plan for about a year now... Just $10 a month.

Killer
02-07-2007, 02:10 PM

they do to an extent....

u can text IN your own network for 10 bucks a month unlimited... but out of network texts cost extra....

like a pay 10 for unlimited verizon in and out texts... but a couple bucks more for other users to text me or me them..... (since about everyone i know uses verizon its not a problem to me.)

Kelly
02-07-2007, 02:18 PM
Breakdown of what killer just said-

$10 a month for all texts to Verizon Customers + 500 texts (in & out) to non verizon customers... Once you run over the 500 texts:
.10 to send a text (.25 for pic message) to non Verizon Customers
.2 to receive a text (.25 for pic message) from non Verizon Customer

Which works for me cuz 98% of my friends are Verizon

Killer
02-07-2007, 02:20 PM
Breakdown of what killer just said-

$10 a month for all texts to Verizon Customers + 500 texts (in & out) to non verizon customers... Once you run over the 500 texts:
.10 to send a text (.25 for pic message) to non Verizon Customers
.2 to receive a text (.25 for pic message) from non Verizon Customer

Which works for me cuz 98% of my friends are Verizon

no.. u have to pay to get those extra 500... u can either get like 250/500/1000 so on and so forth...

i should know since i upgraded mine to 500 from 250

carbon_crash
02-07-2007, 02:20 PM
Forget Verizon, come see me at Sprint/Nextel
678-449-8009-leave a message

Killer
02-07-2007, 02:22 PM
no... verizon is basically the only company that will pick up in the mnts of north ga...

cingular(at&t now) doesn't even come close.

gtikid
02-07-2007, 02:24 PM
Na Verizon offers unlimited Verizon to Verizon and 2500 to other carriers...you might of been lucky and had an old plan

Kelly
02-07-2007, 02:24 PM
no.. u have to pay to get those extra 500... u can either get like 250/500/1000 so on and so forth...
i should know since i upgraded mine to 500 from 250

I upgraded too. And it went up from $5 (for 250) to $10 for 500.
Promise

Killer
02-07-2007, 02:25 PM
.... hmmm...

gtikid
02-07-2007, 02:26 PM
Sorry I got caught up at work and forgot to hit post haha. But yea what Kelly is talkin about really isn't unlimited....

SKUNK2GUY
02-07-2007, 02:27 PM
i got nextel and i love it. i dont know about ttheir message plans cause i'm not a teenage girl so i dont text but eveerything else is good

Kelly
02-07-2007, 02:28 PM
.... hmmm...

*wonders if i'm wrong and about to get owned by Killer since dad pays the bill*

I'm pretty sure I'm right though...

Kelly
02-07-2007, 02:31 PM
Sorry I got caught up at work and forgot to hit post haha. But yea what Kelly is talkin about really isn't unlimited....

:thinking: Why?

gtikid
02-07-2007, 02:56 PM
:thinking: Why?

Because it's unlimited ONLY TO VERIZON CUSTOMERS...all the other carriers that offer unlimited, IT'S TO ALL OTHER CARRIERS. They're unlimited texts are truely unlimited, to whoever the hell you want, as long as they aren't out of the country of course...

R3RUN
02-07-2007, 03:00 PM
Part of it is corporate bullshit but the other part is that Cingular and Verizon have huge networks. If they offered unlimited plans for that low they would probably not be able to afford the infrastucture to handle the massive amount of drain on their networks.

gtikid
02-07-2007, 03:05 PM
Part of it is corporate bullshit but the other part is that Cingular and Verizon have huge networks. If they offered unlimited plans for that low they would probably not be able to afford the infrastucture to handle the massive amount of drain on their networks.

Like you said, they're huge companies. I'm pretty sure they could afford to this no problem. I was told that it was to control spamming through text :thinking: ....:screwy: , don't know if I believe that one.

R3RUN
02-07-2007, 03:09 PM
I guess thats possible, not likely that they were really looking out for customers like that but its possible.

Also when I say "not able to afford" I really mean they wouldn't have a large enough profit margin to make it worth their while after paying for all of the upgrades they would have to do. Of course they don't think logically like most people and realize that the plan would bring in additional calling customers but thats an entirely different story.

gtikid
02-07-2007, 03:18 PM
I guess thats possible, not likely that they were really looking out for customers like that but its possible.

Also when I say "not able to afford" I really mean they wouldn't have a large enough profit margin to make it worth their while after paying for all of the upgrades they would have to do. Of course they don't think logically like most people and realize that the plan would bring in additional calling customers but thats an entirely different story.

Well I mean with the prices they're already charging for text messaging, i'm pretty damn sure they're making a KILLING off of them. Text messaging is a service ya know. The only hardware needed is the actual phone, which people would obviously have.

I guess the way they see it is: If they have 500 customers that pay $20 for 3000 text messages, that makes them $10,000. But if they had 650 customers that paid $15 for text messages, that would make them $9,750. Yea they have more customers but it would still make them less money. Eh, those guys are the pro's and they probably have all that figured out so o well :lmao:

R3RUN
02-07-2007, 03:54 PM
The thing is though, text message puts a major drain on the cellular towers. It doesnt just go from say, my phone to your phone. As data traffic increases they have to improve the actual cell sites in order to take on the larger load of information. There is a huge technical aspect behind it that most people don't think about. I completely agree though that it is definately a huge area of profit for the companies.

Bajjani
02-07-2007, 04:25 PM
I hate all cell phone companies they are all a pain in the ass

I do agree though that Cingular's lack of unlimited messaging blows donkey nuts but I've learned to live w/o it. I usually text in class or at work so I don't have to sit there talkin on my phone while the girl I share an office with is working. I just think its rude.

Also, I guarentee Cingular has thought about the cost about implementing the unlimited plans. If cingular, the most widely used cell phone service, offers all the same services as Sprint Nextel Verizon, whatever, then they can attract more people b/c cingular to cingular is free blah blah. Now think about it like this. How much money do they make of text msging? As already stated, probably a ton, but its not just that. Say they do offer all the services other companies offer. And cingular keeps their free Cingular 2 Cingular plan. They lose out a ton of money there also since no one could ever go over minutes, that and they'd eventually be considered a monopoly. I don't think they see it as profitable to go that route so I don't expect it anytime soon. No i'm not saying tht will turn them into a monopoly but you have to realize cinglar makes money off not having everyone in their network without having everyone on their towers.

R3RUN
02-07-2007, 06:47 PM
Most companies share towers as well. Say cingular builds a tower in a high traffic area, then alltel comes along and is like "shit we need to fill this hole here", cingular may lease out an antenna on the tower to alltel to make a little side cash. Otherwise we wouldnt be able to walk because towers would be everywhere.

And technically Cingular is ATT now so really its just forming back into the ATT monopoly of the 80's. When you think about it, that could have been a briliant buisness plan. Get the company broken up into several different companies, let them build large networks by themselves, then 20yrs down the road consolidate all the companies back into one company which is probably seeing an absurd amount of new customers and is more powerful than before. But we all know the government wouldnt let that happen......

Hektik
02-07-2007, 10:50 PM
hahaha thanks for the link on how to cancel my contract ive been looking for this for a while im tired of verizon. there service is great but there prices are just insane.. metro here we come lol....

JDM onlyy
02-07-2007, 10:58 PM
Man when I had Verizon...I got charged for fone calls I didn't even pick up. Like if you called me, it would use one of my minutes regardless if I picked up or not...

Hulud
02-07-2007, 11:02 PM
wow, this thread is over 5 FUCKING CENTS!

some of you need to take an accounting or econ class

grow the fuck up, times change, prices go up

supply and demand

Bajjani
02-07-2007, 11:04 PM
this is more econ than accounting

Hulud
02-07-2007, 11:05 PM
this is more econ than accounting
i know but both are relevant

gtikid
02-07-2007, 11:37 PM
wow, this thread is over 5 FUCKING CENTS!

some of you need to take an accounting or econ class

grow the fuck up, times change, prices go up

supply and demand

$.05 * 9,000 text messages is a fucking problem. That's $450 in overages. You should take an accounting or econ class :goodjob:

Bajjani
02-07-2007, 11:37 PM
you could say accounting is relevant in any and all aspects of business