PDA

View Full Version : Tunersplash Shootout

DrivenMind
06-18-2005, 08:13 PM
Had fun while it lasted... we left around 7:30ish... anything good happen after I left?

SNapper
06-18-2005, 08:15 PM
the river was pretty cool

quickdodgeŽ
06-18-2005, 08:21 PM
Estis, which dude were you? Later, QD.

HiPSI
06-18-2005, 08:36 PM
Had fun while it lasted... we left around 7:30ish... anything good happen after I left?

i was driving the frontier through 3-3.5ft of water at the end of the pits near tech, maybe more... that was kinda cool. the ice machines at the last concession stand were floating around. countless trash cans were relocated all over the place... racing was cancelled of course...

that was most of it.

SLOWR/T
06-18-2005, 08:57 PM
ok????? i had to work and miss it. what happend?????

HiPSI
06-18-2005, 09:00 PM
here are the cellphone pics i snapped while driving around in deep water

first is ice machines floating around, 2nd is F250 w/mustang in fairly deep spot, 3rd is same truck from the side, 4th is just a picture looking up toward the gate from the deeper water

HiPSI
06-18-2005, 09:01 PM
deepest spot was about 1.5 ft deeper than where the F250 sat too :eek:

DrivenMind
06-18-2005, 09:17 PM
haha... I saw the Frontier driving around, I didn't realize it was you.

QD I was the blonde guy wearing the Tein shirt at the Full Lock Media "booth" that was walking around filming stuff.

HiPSI
06-18-2005, 09:21 PM
haha... I saw the Frontier driving around, I didn't realize it was you.

QD I was the blonde guy wearing the Tein shirt at the Full Lock Media "booth" that was walking around filming stuff.

i was making laps back and forth laughing at all the guys fighting for a spot on higher ground :D. i kept making a nice wake that kept everyone inching further and further up onto the grass behind the stands. i was hoping a few asshats out there would just hurry up and hydrolock their engines when they were trying to do donuts in their civics right next to where i was trying to get out of the hail next to the bathrooms. it was still kinda fun.

MR. 200SX
06-18-2005, 09:24 PM
WTF was the deal at the entrance? I preregistered online so I could have the promo price and when I got to the window they said I needed the flyer? WTF in the preregister page it said you could not use both preregistration and flyer? I ended up paying full price because I took a long ass drive to get there.

What is gonna happen to the guys that paid the "race" price and didn't get to race because of the storm?????

HiPSI
06-18-2005, 09:26 PM
WTF was the deal at the entrance? I preregistered online so I could have the promo price and when I got to the window they said I needed the flyer? WTF in the preregister page it said you could not use both preregistration and flyer? I ended up paying full price because I took a long ass drive to get there.

What is gonna happen to the guys that paid the "race" price and didn't get to race because of the storm?????

they said you can come back next friday night for fast fridays and race for free... although that's fucked for me because i paid to race and can't go friday :(.

oh, and all i did was say that i prereg'd to the guy at the gate and they gave me the prereg price... although him and 6 other people asked if i had pants and a jacket to ride in :rolleyes:

BTEC
06-18-2005, 09:31 PM
man, that storm sucked ballz. i almost floated away in my gutted EG. I was hoping i didnt have ne unintentional water ingestion. Whats happened to the b-ball tournament? i wore shorts so i could play which put me out of racing and i didnt even see a ball. good thing i didnt personally pay to get in or i wouldve been pissed (sponsor wristband). So what now, can we get a discount on the next event? lol
I still had fun too.

BlackDubs
06-18-2005, 09:36 PM
i was driving the frontier through 3-3.5ft of water at the end of the pits near tech, maybe more... that was kinda cool. the ice machines at the last concession stand were floating around. countless trash cans were relocated all over the place... racing was cancelled of course...

that was most of it.

Atleast someone had fun. :)

Looked like we got lucky that we didnt go in the track. Would of sucked for my car. Drove that far, to just sit at Pizza Hut. wtf. :(

nickrd
06-18-2005, 10:34 PM
WOW..what a mess... I left about 15 mins when the hard stuff came down and started hearing hail crack all over my car.. Luckily someone was in front of me on the way out and back to main st, because if not, I couldn't have seen anything!!
That storm was wicked... been awhile since I seen rain come down that hard and start rivers!

SniperJoe
06-18-2005, 10:58 PM
Heh, a few guys in Civics actually took their cars underneath the stands once the water started to get nice and high:

http://www.prism.gatech.edu/~gte818z/images/carstuff/Tunerfest%202.0/IMG_4286.JPG

Cliff
06-18-2005, 11:20 PM
i was tryin to decide if i wanted to go for a romp in the deep water but i said screw it and left....and erin i saw ya right as i was leavin and you were drivin through the water and grass....but yea that sucked pretty bad....and the show had killer potential too....

rollininstyle2004
06-18-2005, 11:46 PM
The show still went on after the rain/hail/hurricane/whatever the hell that was let up. Pretty much everything other then the SHOW part was canceled. The bikini contest went down too at like 9:30ish.

iNsTuN nOoDoH
06-18-2005, 11:52 PM
yup... drove up there, saw rain and heard tunerfest was cancelled so I turned back...

ProjectWidow
06-18-2005, 11:55 PM
i had a pretty good time althought the rain set us back about an hour! would have been an awesome show if it wasnt for rain, crowds were starting to form. also got to meet a few nice people and see the bikini contest.

SLOWR/T
06-19-2005, 12:09 AM
damn glad i had to work and didnt make it! my poor 7 would have died there. anybody hydrolock there car???

The Yousef
06-19-2005, 12:15 AM
damn glad i had to work and didnt make it! my poor 7 would have died there. anybody hydrolock there car???

i heard like 3 or 4 people hydrolocked their car (unconfirmed)...then while we were driving down 85 i saw a red evo with it's hood up and a black s13 with it's hood up.....i left around 7ish also....i was prereg also and told the chick at the gate..and i didn't get charged full price.....

Dragonfly5338
06-19-2005, 12:27 AM
yeah we got one exit up from commerce and the skies opened up. decided to head back and meet up with some peeps for dinner instead. sucks it got rained out. :(

tony
06-19-2005, 01:23 AM
i heard like 3 or 4 people hydrolocked their car (unconfirmed)...then while we were driving down 85 i saw a red evo with it's hood up and a black s13 with it's hood up.....i left around 7ish also....i was prereg also and told the chick at the gate..and i didn't get charged full price.....

I think I saw you on the way home, I was in the black G35 along with the white supra and blue STi.

KL_03Mx-3
06-19-2005, 02:03 AM
it was a monsoon and i won $20 for having a $1 bill that was made in 1995 hell yea

KL_03Mx-3
06-19-2005, 02:04 AM
was there seen brett an julio didn't speak though figured they wouldn't know me also have many picture from the bikini contest and that dudes wife whoever she is is the hostest girl i have ever seen in my life

1439/2000
06-19-2005, 02:16 AM
That blows. I did just as much as my friends that paid 5 bucks when I paid 25 you know.

Ahh fuck it I saw the hottest turbo we4 regal in my life run a 9.8. Worth 20 bucks.

Also was that dyno very accurate? I dont know but that rhd fd dynoed 215 to the wheels. i just laughed. I wanted to see what it made torque wise probably like 170 something.

Tracy
06-19-2005, 02:44 AM
I think I saw you on the way home, I was in the black G35 along with the white supra and blue STi.

Hey Tony! Nice to see you tonight :)

girly_typeR
06-19-2005, 04:06 AM
Rain came about outtah no where. I have vids and pics !!

Brett
06-19-2005, 07:34 AM
I have not seen a storm like that in a long time. 30% shot of rain and thats what we fucking get :rant:

Hail damage.... YES... Im just beyond pissed about that

tony
06-19-2005, 08:13 AM
Hey Tony! Nice to see you tonight :)

Nice to meet ya too! I just hate everything that happened last night..I know that reallysucks for you guys. When everything happened I just decided to split, I know its frustrating when something goes terribly wrong and then to have 30 people standing around asking questions and taking pictures doesn't help. I hope everything comes out okay..still wanna trade??? :D

HiPSI
06-19-2005, 08:42 AM
I have not seen a storm like that in a long time. 30% shot of rain and thats what we fucking get :rant:

Hail damage.... YES... Im just beyond pissed about that

you had damage? that hail wasn't very large at all, just came down in large amounts.

Brett
06-19-2005, 08:46 AM
It came down hard as hell for about 20 minutes non stop, I have some pings from it, On a daily driver it wouldnt be a big deal, but on a car that I only use for show, makes it a big deal to me, ya know

JC
06-19-2005, 08:49 AM
Oh yeah, I have hail damage on my driverside and on the hood as well. The size of the hail wasnt really a factor, but the wind slamming the hail into your car was crazy. That wind was strong as hell and I bout cried as I sat in my car listening to it happen.

Brett
06-19-2005, 08:52 AM
Yeah I was in the car having a temper tantrum....

Yeah it may not hav ebeen large hail, But damn that wind was so damn hard It was slamming it against the driver side of my car.

Shawna
06-19-2005, 09:19 AM
Brett I wont go out and look at my car to see if it has any damage....

Brett
06-19-2005, 09:48 AM
Yeah the bad thing is Honda uses VERY thin metal on our civic's

Spike
06-19-2005, 09:49 AM

that was most of it.

Were you the one that went up and bumped it? I got that on video. i was with my buddy in a white evo when you did it.

4dmin
06-19-2005, 09:49 AM
was there seen brett an julio didn't speak though figured they wouldn't know me also have many picture from the bikini contest and that dudes wife whoever she is is the hostest girl i have ever seen in my life
what girl was this???

coolZero
06-19-2005, 10:17 AM
Dude, I was going to pull my car up to use the Mahdavi trailer as shield but the trailer started rocking back and forth, the rain was going right to left instead of down, my car was rockin back and forth (weight 3200 lbs) so that was some intense wind. When the hail started I was like oh f@& this sucks! I was watching my reverse camera in the PT and shit was floating by. At one point I could bearly see the cars across from me and the lighting was huge. I called Pablo and said,ok Pablo you can turn off the rain now. I got some pics of these poor folks trying to hold their tent down from blowing away! It was definately not boring! Kudos to all the peeps that tuffed it out you are hard core show people.

Brett
06-19-2005, 10:22 AM
Kudos to all the peeps that tuffed it out you are hard core show people.

Yeah its ashame not alot of people stayed, they should have, would have made for a great show after the monsoon

JagerGirl
06-19-2005, 10:24 AM
I got some pics of these poor folks trying to hold their tent down from blowing away! It was definately not boring! Kudos to all the peeps that tuffed it out you are hard core show people.

That prolly would have been us... hail hurts like a bitch with 800 mph winds.. lol

Jehu
06-19-2005, 10:32 AM
Team Interlude stuck it out for the most part. After the monsoon/tornado stopped, we broke out the chammies and the grill and finished the show off TICC style! ;)

Sucks for me too as I had just finished prepping my car and pulling in the lanes when it started drizzling so we had to pile everything up into my Pacifica and then had no room for us!

So we winded up piling me, the wife and our 2 boys into the Prelude and listen to the down-poor and hail. I didn't see any damage though but I was kind of wedged between 2 cars so the wind pretty much went over me (lowered 3rd gens are not very tall!).

We sat in the lude with the fan on as it was getting kind of stuffy but then my battery died!

But it was still fun!

coolZero
06-19-2005, 10:57 AM
That prolly would have been us... hail hurts like a bitch with 800 mph winds.. lol
Agree!

PeteSpeed3
06-19-2005, 11:15 AM
anyone get pics of us in the jeep playing in the river? Of course they through us out when we trough a 12ft wall of water on the "track offical", That was fun!

Kapil
06-19-2005, 11:17 AM
That was some crazy shit man. Our stripper pole was just about to go into use, and the sky opened up.
Matt's speaker cabs are busted and about to go into repair.
We had fun though. Sold a bunch of DVDs, and hung out with some hotties in our booth. Thanks for everyone coming buy and supporting, and everyone who helped hold our booth down.
We should have pics up soon.
-Kapil,
Full Lock Media

threehundred
06-19-2005, 11:21 AM
I stayed an "toughed" it out. It would have been a really fun show if everyeone had've stayed until like 8:00. It got cool after that, and it seemed like everyone was having a good time. I even won something?!?

I was surprised they still had the bikini contest, that was one of the better parts of the show!

Brett
06-19-2005, 11:23 AM
Yeah Paul, Julio and Paul made sure we got our moneys worth after the storm, props for that, They busted thier ass to give us an event after that

Jaimecbr900
06-19-2005, 11:46 AM
Dude, I was going to pull my car up to use the Mahdavi trailer as shield but the trailer started rocking back and forth, the rain was going right to left instead of down,

You should try being IN the trailer when it was rocking. The trailer was moving and that's WITH the race car, 2 motorcycles, and like 10 people INSIDE. It rained so hard that water was literally coming in thru the top of the door even when I was holding it closed. Our freaking coolers and cups floated away. I had to go get them down by WTN after the rain.

BTW, can someone please put up the list of the winners please. I had a stupid MF who I almost got into it with who thought it was cool to be blarring his stereo while Pablo was announcing. BTW, thanks to the Elite guys that came to watch my back. I appreciate that. I asked him nicely once and the fucker got all smart. I almost blew a fuse. I should've whooped his ass to teach him to respect his elders......MF..... :2up: :D

sirhatch1030
06-19-2005, 11:48 AM
i saw the guys in the jeep going thought the river, and i also saw the tidle wave drown the track guy,s we were trying to get my buddies white eclipes running . my other freinds black ex dizzy went out and he was at the bottom of the hill close to the mustang on the f-250 when he decided to get out it was to late to close the door,s his car filled up with the river to cover the back seat completly they finaly pushed it up on the hill and me i came to run and only got 3 runs in and bruned the tires up passed the 60 ft mark that sucked , but beside, the sunamie it was alright i think ,ill be there friday.

Brett
06-19-2005, 11:49 AM
^^ Jamie, as drunk as you where during awards, You would have been lucky to even throw one punch that would have hit him :lmfao:

When did this happen? I didnt see you get into anything with anyone, I would have been with ya and had your back to!! Let that fucker see what 2 old guys can do!!

1439/2000
06-19-2005, 12:08 PM
I sat in my car listening to it happen.

Same here. I was just yelling obscenities. I drove 2 hours and paid 30 buck to see cars for 2 hours and get my car hailed on??!!? AHHHHH!!

TKellarB
06-19-2005, 12:16 PM
Jaime... you are WAY too much fun! I'll hang w/you anytime and drink beer. It was nice to finally meet you.

oh, and yea...........

......your car is nice too...focker...

2turbo4u
06-19-2005, 12:25 PM
I was there, I saw when the jeep went through the water and the track ref. chased him to throw him out of the place it was funny. I was parked next to the white GST with in ya hand intercooler and his buddy w/the civic that broke down. It was funny at one point he and his buddy car was down. I had the red 1st gen elipse that was next to you guys on the grass. Also what happens to those who came as soon as it came down, they continued to take the money and let people in, but it got rained on, and no one knew that the bikini contest was still gonna happen. So alot of peeps went home. I say we need a rain date not show up fri. for those who paid to run and run for fun if you can get a run. We need more than two events a year dis sux big time. Where i'm from there a event almost everyweek either @ Atco or Englishtown. Why Nopi don't have their drag series in their home town? I say we need to talk to Nopi and have one of their events @ Commerce. The nationals don't have drag racing it's just a big fashion show.

amy011079
06-19-2005, 01:11 PM
I love the title of this. Tunersplash. lol That's awesome. I met a few people I hadn't met before yesterday so that was pretty cool. Can't remember but a few peoples names I know laurenk and admin were two of them, and then there was a Ben and a um yeah that's all I remember.

But man that storm was crazy scary. The hail sucked big you-know-whats, fortunatly my car didn't sustain any damage. phew. And thank goodness the mahdavis had their trailer jeez we would have been up sh!t creek if we didn't have that. It was kinda funny though when the hail started coming down because you could here all of us in the trailor in unison go "AAAAAAAWWWW DAAAAAAAAMN, MAAAAAAAN!!!!!" Quote of the day though was Jaime said something to the effect of "you know if there is a tornado out there, we're the first ones to go. And we aren't in the best trailor to go out in cause we'd be rolling around with that heavy azz supra in here too." classic. Oh yeah nothing like needing a boat to get to the bathroom either. SOB that crap was DEEP over there. Sheesh! There was water going over the hood of Brandons car just to get over there. It was nuts.

dartingd
06-19-2005, 01:24 PM
posted in the other forum, but i'll go here too...we were the ones who pulled up on the bank behind the stands...silver 92 accord w/ yakima rack...my number was 1337, hehe....i think it was worth the 15 i paid to race watching all the cars running around...and i really enjoyed seeing the frontier just rolling around checkin everything out...who had the red integra that was submersed next to the building? sorry to hear it for the guys who's cars were flooded...kinda makes me glad i'm not lowered yet...btw, i was the guy in brown hat and orange shirt w/ black rim glasses...imma try and get a pic up and maybe someone'll recognize me...

RUSH
06-19-2005, 01:53 PM
anyone get pics of us in the jeep playing in the river? Of course they through us out when we trough a 12ft wall of water on the "track offical", That was fun!

Dude we got a awesome video of that, I'll post it in a lil while!

JagerGirl
06-19-2005, 02:12 PM
Jonathan and I and like 6 other people were all under the tent with the generator running trying to produce heat so we wouldnt freeze to death and over the damn generator we heard this sound that sounded like a train.. we were like shit! we're gonna get blown away by a tornado or electricuted by the damn lightening... It was all good though..

Brett
06-19-2005, 02:25 PM
I was looking on the local news website this morning to see if they had any news on that storm, because when that rain srated coming down from left to right and the hail started at the same time, Im telling you there had to be a tornado near us somewhere, and that was when I started freaking cause my windows where fogged to hell, I couldnt see shit and I knew in my little ass civic we would be killed if one ripped through that parking lot

dartingd
06-19-2005, 02:29 PM
where the heck could we have went though? was there anywhere safe at the track in case of a tornado?

RUSH
06-19-2005, 03:00 PM
Originally Posted by RAmDzS.........anyone get pics of us in the jeep playing in the river? Of course they through us out when we trough a 12ft wall of water on the "track offical", That was fun!

Here you go!!!!! lol!!!
http://www.mountainboost.com/stormvid/MOV03944.MPG

sir2hb
06-19-2005, 03:35 PM
Hell yea that shit sucked we were sitting in front of applebees and the rain started going side ways then the hail i was telling Ira hey man this anit good he started freaking the window were fogged i was like shit this sucks. The rest of the crew in the srt4 behind us called me said fuck this were going in applebees, I halled ass to home depot and pulled under the pick up cover in front sat there for 20 min then the assholes made us leave. My buddy Ira only has one foot so he has to wear a fake leg and we had to park a freaking mile from applebees. I look at him the car started rocking and said you can still run right, he said you f*cking bastard and we both bolted for the front door we got freaking soaked.

Yea it sucks when your windows fog up and you cant see whats happen thats when you strart freaking out.

sir2hb
06-19-2005, 03:39 PM
I met a coulpe of you guys but not alot I heard tracys evo over there rasing hell before the storm by the time i got over there they were heading out

RUSH
06-19-2005, 04:02 PM
More videos!!

http://forums.importatlanta.com/showthread.php?t=10541

PeteSpeed3
06-19-2005, 04:06 PM
Here you go!!!!! lol!!!
http://www.mountainboost.com/stormvid/MOV03944.MPG
Thanks that was fun!

sir2hb
06-19-2005, 04:39 PM
I hate my computer I cant pull up videos

Brett
06-19-2005, 04:44 PM
Yea it sucks when your windows fog up and you cant see whats happen thats when you strart freaking out.

Yeah especially in a storm like that, Thats when I started freaking... When that rain started coming in sideways and the hail started, I figured a twister was in the area, and I wanted to be able to see wtf was going on around me

HiPSI
06-19-2005, 04:46 PM
Were you the one that went up and bumped it? I got that on video. i was with my buddy in a white evo when you did it.

yeah i pushed it over toward land :D

sir2hb
06-19-2005, 04:53 PM
/\ /\ HELL YEAH the day allready started shitty for me on the way there my fan quite and my car started over heating I had to rewire it to get it to work then when we got there would not let me race I did not have a battery tie down that sucked. Then I was walking through the parking lot seen a 92 hatch painted the same freaking color as mine eww I was pissed. I pick that from bmw they only used that kolor for 2 yrs I only knewof 2 other cars painted that color ( one on west coast, one in hawaii).

Then the sideways rain and the freaking hail man I was so mad. I said well I guess it would be a good end to the day, get blown a way in a tornado.

O well the bikini contest was good

HiPSI
06-19-2005, 04:53 PM
I was looking on the local news website this morning to see if they had any news on that storm, because when that rain srated coming down from left to right and the hail started at the same time, Im telling you there had to be a tornado near us somewhere, and that was when I started freaking cause my windows where fogged to hell, I couldnt see shit and I knew in my little ass civic we would be killed if one ripped through that parking lot

did you not see the funnel cloud off to the east right before the bad stuff really hit? it had some rotation and upflow to it, but it luckily fizzled out as it neared the track, or at least it had to because you would've heard something about a tornado ;).

sir2hb
06-19-2005, 05:16 PM
I seen that shit it was crazy i just pretended it was not there

The Yousef
06-19-2005, 05:47 PM

yeah i was in the passenger seat...my buddy was driving my lude....ur car is hawt!:goodjob:

91crxsi
06-19-2005, 06:06 PM
posted in the other forum, but i'll go here too...we were the ones who pulled up on the bank behind the stands...silver 92 accord w/ yakima rack...my number was 1337, hehe....i think it was worth the 15 i paid to race watching all the cars running around...and i really enjoyed seeing the frontier just rolling around checkin everything out...who had the red integra that was submersed next to the building? sorry to hear it for the guys who's cars were flooded...kinda makes me glad i'm not lowered yet...btw, i was the guy in brown hat and orange shirt w/ black rim glasses...imma try and get a pic up and maybe someone'll recognize me...

yea dude i remember u...u was parked chillin with courtney in the teal green eg hatch.my cuzzin said he told u "she needs to learn how to change gears.." or sumthin like that...

91crxsi
06-19-2005, 06:09 PM
but we left as soon as the hail let off some...took us forever to get thru the river in my cuzzins civic...sucks that we left,sounds like it wouldve been kick azz if we wouldve stayed.

btw...the trip back to coweta county was awesome. we had fun playing with 5 evos.
2 red ones,a blue one,silver one, and a yellow one. and we tied it up with some guys in a tangelo lookin crx...everyone was pretty cool.

SLOWR/T
06-19-2005, 06:09 PM
hahahaha that vid was awesome!!

BlackDubs
06-19-2005, 07:47 PM
Hell yea that shit sucked we were sitting in front of applebees and the rain started going side ways then the hail i was telling Ira hey man this anit good he started freaking the window were fogged i was like shit this sucks. The rest of the crew in the srt4 behind us called me said fuck this were going in applebees, I halled ass to home depot and pulled under the pick up cover in front sat there for 20 min then the assholes made us leave. My buddy Ira only has one foot so he has to wear a fake leg and we had to park a freaking mile from applebees. I look at him the car started rocking and said you can still run right, he said you f*cking bastard and we both bolted for the front door we got freaking soaked.

Were you in that Green hatch? If so, your windows was pretty fogged. lol. We were the group that pulled up next to you.

Damn it sucked big time. Damn North GA.

ProjectWidow
06-19-2005, 07:47 PM
did the black s13 have blue wheels with a polished lip? yeh that rain was crazy. luckily i had the ps2 so i just played that for the time that the rain was kicking our asses. saw lightning strick a pole and then talked to anderson audio and the lightning struck there cb radio antenna. that was pretty scary. i also saw a evo driving around the show with a towel covering the hood scoop.

BIGGIE
06-19-2005, 07:59 PM
Sh*t like this you remember. I busted out to Applebees when I felt the hail too. Met a few cool cats w. SRT4s and kicked it for a couple hours. The beer and food flowed - so it was all good even with the power goin' in&out... Went back afterwards to about 1/3 the crowd; but u knew they was all troopers! Kicked it fo' a couple mo'hours b4 i left. Props to all y'all that braved hurricane Commerce!

KL_03Mx-3
06-19-2005, 08:05 PM
did u meet the guy wit they yellow one???we met a guy an we were in the yellow one but there were about 50 in the parkinlot jus askin

Brett
06-19-2005, 08:20 PM
did you not see the funnel cloud off to the east right before the bad stuff really hit? it had some rotation and upflow to it, but it luckily fizzled out as it neared the track, or at least it had to because you would've heard something about a tornado ;).

Yeah I saw that, But I wasnt sure if I was seeing what I thought that was starting to form. I have never seen one in person so I wasnt sure.

I cant believe none of th tents got hit by lightning

AtifSajid
06-19-2005, 08:41 PM
We'll Im glad everyone else had a great time. That was shitty during and aafter the rain. Im not doing another show if there is even slight chance of rain. We spent like $700 on the show and didnt get nothing accomplished. Right when the booth was 85% complete, we had to tear it down because of the rain.

while it was raining dumb fukers tried to leave running over out $300 stands and tearing them up.

we wasted our money.

BIGGIE
06-19-2005, 09:20 PM
did u meet the guy wit they yellow one???we met a guy an we were in the yellow one but there were about 50 in the parkinlot jus askin

Yeah, A yellow one with a big-azz aftrmkt IC...
That waz me.

Check out some pics here:
http://community.webshots.com/user/built4speed

Allstar3.8T
06-19-2005, 10:59 PM
What a day. We were in Jeff Gs trailer w/ about 15 people during the storm. We had all the easy-ups ratchet-strapped down to cars, and had no hail, or any other form of damage. Props to all the IA guys for drawin a crowd WAY bigger than HIN, now if the rain would have not shown, that was gonna be an AMAZING car day to remember.
I too LOVED the Buick we-4/T-Type/GN that was runnin. He let out completely 1st run at about the 200ft mark, ran a 14.1 still....the 9.8 was unreal.....
The show needs to be semi-annual. Loved it!!
Ths show results as best I remember are ;
Best Audio- Klaud
Best Paint- Red accord on air ride
Best Euro- Jamel
Best Interior -Josh Nixon
Best Import - Tim West
Best Truck- ?! I think it was dude w/ the S-10 w/ graphics....
Best Domestic- Marcell Lane
Best Team Awards to FX and Elite....not sur ehwich got which...
Best of Show - Jeff Giese

QuickBrick
06-19-2005, 11:39 PM
Props to all the IA guys for drawin a crowd WAY bigger than HIN, now if the rain would have not shown, that was gonna be an AMAZING car day to remember.
Exactly!

The show needs to be semi-annual. Loved it!!
Ths show results as best I remember are ;
Best Audio- Klaud
Best Paint- Red accord on air ride
Best Euro- Jamel
Best Interior -Josh Nixon
Best Import - Tim West
Best Truck- ?! I think it was dude w/ the S-10 w/ graphics....
Best Domestic- Marcell Lane
Best Team Awards to FX and Elite....not sur ehwich got which...
Best of Show - Jeff Giese

Best Truck - Johanthan Chase
Best Engine - Jimmy ??? (Team FX)
Elite Team - Team FX
Largest Team - Elite

Congrats to all...!

BufordŽ
06-20-2005, 01:46 AM
I had a stupid MF who I almost got into it with who thought it was cool to be blarring his stereo while Pablo was announcing.

Was that dude in a white Maxima? If so, I have an idea of who it was.

Yeah I saw that, But I wasnt sure if I was seeing what I thought that was starting to form. I have never seen one in person so I wasnt sure.

We were still in Gainseville and it started hailing. So I called Pablo to warn him that something wicked his way come. But I don't think he believed me. LOL. The heavens just opened up, just after we finished putting the tarp on Eli's Wrangler. :lmfao:

RUSH
06-20-2005, 02:36 AM
Here are a bunch of pics!

http://www.mountainboost.com/storm/album/index.html

DrivenMind
06-20-2005, 05:18 AM
took this just after we left with a "photo" mode on one of my camcorders, image quality is awful of course, but it's still pretty interesting.

edit: also, I have a lot of video shot from inside the Supra with me and my buddy acting like news casters in the middle of a disaster if anyones interested in seeing it, let me know here, and I'll edit it, post and host it.

redlinenprelude
06-20-2005, 07:34 AM
hey i saw you take that one.. ^ the weather on the way home was beautiful.. i wish i had my cam with me

redlinenprelude
06-20-2005, 07:34 AM
btw nice bimmer

coolZero
06-20-2005, 08:26 AM
Here's some shots of peeps tying to hold their tent down. You can see how hard it was blowing.

amy011079
06-20-2005, 08:46 AM
Good lord! That is crazy! Not that I couldn't feel the wind in the trailor we were in but seeing it in pics is just nuts. That is some crazy wind.

R33AccorD
06-20-2005, 09:02 AM
yea...it knocked over some table and sent buisness cards everywhere...lol

eViLMunkey
06-20-2005, 10:27 AM
I had some fun... I couldn't drive my hatch till it stopped raining... and my car is slower than I though since the fastest et I got was a 17.6 woohoo... but it was still fun till the rain and being blown around holding down a tent..

Nittanys1
06-20-2005, 10:31 AM
damn im faster than you with my 1000lbs over stock weigh....lol...im sorry :D

Jaimecbr900
06-20-2005, 12:13 PM
Was that dude in a white Maxima? If so, I have an idea of who it was.

Nah. It was some tool in an SUV. A freaking STOCK SUV at that. He wasn't even in the hunt for winning crap, but he didn't want anybody else to hear either. Asswipe. He almost won himself something sure enough, and it wasn't a trophy.

Nittanys1
06-20-2005, 12:19 PM
it was like a suburban or something that size

Shawna
06-20-2005, 12:28 PM
did the black s13 have blue wheels with a polished lip? yeh that rain was crazy. luckily i had the ps2 so i just played that for the time that the rain was kicking our asses. saw lightning strick a pole and then talked to anderson audio and the lightning struck there cb radio antenna. that was pretty scary. i also saw a evo driving around the show with a towel covering the hood scoop.

I know what one youre talking about it but no i dont think it was that one

djdetox
06-20-2005, 12:36 PM
[QUOTE=threehundred]I stayed an "toughed" it out.[QUOTE]

yea me too :) Thank god for that cooler...

Crowml
06-20-2005, 12:41 PM
Top 3 things not to do when a storm hovers over your car show:

1. Peel the artificial fruit off the food vendors wall and throw it into the wind yelling "Now its a tropical storm!!" (I was not involved in this...)

2. Leave your windows down (doh!) Drop you keys in the rain while trying to get in your car and then sit in your car soaking wet. (I was the ass**** running around in the middle of the storm between the pearl probe and the vehicross.) My cars now smells like a mix between wet dog and ass.

3. Lightining, even when one is near 30, is still scary as shit when you're sitting in 4 inches of water and it's hitting trees a couple miles away.

Nittanys1
06-20-2005, 12:44 PM
shit the lightning hit something right behind the main stage (trailer)! i looked in the back to see the tents and then it hit...almost looked like it hit the light pole

threehundred
06-20-2005, 01:18 PM
I stayed an "toughed" it out.

yea me too :) Thank god for that cooler...

I hear that. I was quite fucked up by the end of the show.

ProjectWidow
06-20-2005, 01:29 PM
shit the lightning hit something right behind the main stage (trailer)! i looked in the back to see the tents and then it hit...almost looked like it hit the light pole
i was parked sitting right across from the stage and right behind it there is a pole and i believe it struck that. it also stuck anderson-audio's cb radio antenna.

JagerGirl
06-20-2005, 01:38 PM
Here's some shots of peeps tying to hols their tent down. You can see how hard it was blowing.

yes, that was us!

Brandon C
06-20-2005, 01:51 PM
i was parked sitting right across from the stage and right behind it there is a pole and i believe it struck that. it also stuck anderson-audio's cb radio antenna.

Yes it did strike our pole that was behind the stage that our stuff was plugged into...Scary shit we were still in our sound tent when it happened

Brandon C
06-20-2005, 02:24 PM

That would have been where we were....

TKellarB
06-20-2005, 04:46 PM
Top 3 things not to do when a storm hovers over your car show:

1. Peel the artificial fruit off the food vendors wall and throw it into the wind yelling "Now its a tropical storm!!" (I was not involved in this...)

This cracks me up...it's wrong but it's funny!

R33AccorD
06-20-2005, 04:47 PM
^lmfao...someone actually did that?????????

veritekracer
06-20-2005, 05:07 PM
"Tropical storm", for some reason, that's really funny. It was definitely memorable!! Brett, you are 2 funny (re: you and Jaime taking care of that tool in the SUV). Jaime, you weren't the only one pissed at the idiot, cuz everyone around me was commenting on that too. I just wish we saw you heading over there, cuz you woulda had half the crowd backing you up, but we were so intent on listening and didn't even think to tell him to STFU!!! Sorry man, but next time lemme know what your doing, I woulda had your back too!!! It was funny seeing all the debris FLOATING past my car, and very STRESSFUL to say the least hearing the hail slamming into my precious baby. I got worried then, because usually, that combo of heavy, monsoon type rain followed by hail means tornado conditions, but you couldn't see anything but a sheet of white due to the deluge. Someone has some video of not one, but THREE funnels forming, but thank God they dissipated.

sir2hb
06-20-2005, 08:20 PM
Were you in that Green hatch? If so, your windows was pretty fogged. lol. We were the group that pulled up next to you.

Damn it sucked big time. Damn North GA.

Yep that was us

DrivenMind
06-20-2005, 09:33 PM
oh boy...

yes I know it's "immature" but we were trapped inside the leaky supra.

http://www.drivenminds.net/downloads/tunerfest_storm.mov

djdetox
06-20-2005, 09:34 PM
I was quite fucked up by the end of the show.

nahhhh........really!!! lol!!

Nittanys1
06-20-2005, 09:58 PM
oh boy...

ha ha thats funny, i was across from the tent you were under watching you rin around in the rain...it was very amusing, anymore?

HiPSI
06-20-2005, 10:59 PM

from everything i was seeing it was a funnel. as for the lightning, when we went up to wendy's there was a tree right as you turned left onto the road that cuts over there that had a 6" wide strip of bark torn off from the top to the ground from being hit.

HiPSI
06-20-2005, 11:06 PM
sweet, and this was one of the shallower spots i crossed
http://www.mountainboost.com/storm/album/slides/DSC03912.JPG

Whoopee95
06-21-2005, 12:24 AM
it just me or did that video remind you guys of the "Blair witch project" also

DrivenMind
06-21-2005, 01:14 AM
it just me or did that video remind you guys of the "Blair witch project" also

haha, well it did because that's what we were originally mocking. I just didn't bother to throw in the part where I said "IM SOOOOO FUCKING SCARED!"

borbon1212
06-21-2005, 01:55 AM
Yeah, A yellow one with a big-azz aftrmkt IC...
That waz me.

Check out some pics here:
http://community.webshots.com/user/built4speed

whats up biggie. that was me with the yellow one.

Whoopee95
06-21-2005, 06:16 AM
Video Posted at

http://forums.importatlanta.com/showthread.php?t=10728

stlth664
06-21-2005, 06:43 PM
Talk about an eventful car show!

I only took a couple pics, but here they are ...
http://www.sixsixfour.com/stealth/TunerFest/

Crowml
06-21-2005, 09:40 PM
oh boy...

that is some funny shit. Props.

uhm...did you spell Kapil Kepil? I swear I saw Kepil...maybe it's just me...

Jehu
06-21-2005, 10:29 PM
I must agree especially when you slowed the vid down...

amy011079
06-22-2005, 08:56 AM
Great pics Christy! Well the few ya took anyway. lol ;)

It's funny seeing Jaime and Patrcja's cars next to the trailor in the rain......we were inside their paranoid as crap about the cars and getting trashed at the same time! lol fun times. :thumbsup:

Jaimecbr900
06-22-2005, 09:39 AM
Great pics Christy! Well the few ya took anyway. lol ;)

It's funny seeing Jaime and Patrcja's cars next to the trailor in the rain......we were inside their paranoid as crap about the cars and getting trashed at the same time! lol fun times. :thumbsup:

Ummm, just exactly what part is funny.....the part about us almost getting sucked up in a tornado or the part about the hail pelting down on my poor defenseless car????? :smilefu: :D

Besides....the only reason you weren't freaking out about your car was because you were feelin' NOOOOO pain missy...... ;) :D

chuck
06-22-2005, 09:59 AM
haha, this is me here in the "purple" crown vic...the real drag strip was closed so we had to improvise...there were 4 of us sitting in there and after about 15 minutes of just sitting there we decided we needed to drive around...

http://www.mountainboost.com/storm/album/slides/DSC03900.JPG

stlth664
06-22-2005, 10:22 AM
Besides....the only reason you weren't freaking out about your car was because you were feelin' NOOOOO pain missy...... ;) :D
Gee, I wonder why that could be ;)

eViLMunkey
06-22-2005, 10:54 AM
Bwahahaha!!... I was just gettin drinkin myself since I couldn't drive my car till the rain ended and dryed up some...

Jaimecbr900
06-22-2005, 12:47 PM
Gee, I wonder why that could be ;)

Hey, you SHOULD'VE been right in there wif us girly....... ;)

amy011079
06-22-2005, 02:07 PM
Ummm, just exactly what part is funny.....the part about us almost getting sucked up in a tornado or the part about the hail pelting down on my poor defenseless car????? :smilefu: :D

Weeeeeell I didn't mean funny as in humor, I meant funny as in interesting-funny kinda thing. Eh I dunno maybe I'm still drunk...;) kidding. :D

Why do you think I was drinking??? ;)

Yeah yeah I know I was drinking to have fun fo sho!

Brandon C
06-22-2005, 02:09 PM
Does anyone have photos of our DJ area????????????

Spyder
06-22-2005, 02:10 PM
Does anyone have photos of our DJ area????????????

i saw it as they were setting up the banner in between the speakers, did you guys/gals get it set up completely before the monson?

the big slizzard
06-22-2005, 11:50 PM
yeah the show was good until the hurricane came! haha Im glad the actual show still took place after that.

Brandon C
06-23-2005, 08:28 AM
i saw it as they were setting up the banner in between the speakers, did you guys/gals get it set up completely before the monson?

Oh Yeah The Banners were the Last thing Up...We were fully up and Running by the Time the Monsoon Hit...Argggggggggggg

stlth664
06-23-2005, 09:46 AM
Hey, you SHOULD'VE been right in there wif us girly....... ;)
& instead I was in my car not being able to see a thing - chasing down our ga3s banner ... lol ... I think next seloc meet should just be a party in the trailor

amy011079
06-23-2005, 10:20 AM
lol there ya go!

rollininstyle2004
06-24-2005, 12:59 AM
oh boy...

I was across from you in the Black Passat...We saw you guys giving us thumbs up and flashing the light. We had no idea what was going on :doh: :D

chmura
06-24-2005, 05:17 PM
BTW, can someone please put up the list of the winners please. I had a stupid MF who I almost got into it with who thought it was cool to be blarring his stereo while Pablo was announcing. BTW, thanks to the Elite guys that came to watch my back. I appreciate that. I asked him nicely once and the fucker got all smart. I almost blew a fuse. I should've whooped his ass to teach him to respect his elders......MF..... :2up: :D

You making a scene....lol

Parallex
07-05-2005, 11:17 PM
lightning hit the concession stand... it was very interesting!! im sorry for those who drove long distances for racing.... we had 4 crouched in my maxima during the monsoon weather..