PDA

View Full Version : 1.8t loose hose

gti_guy08
02-05-2007, 07:00 PM
i have a tt 1.8t. i ghetto rigged my air intake. well somewhat. i just bought a cone air filter and replaced it with the huge air box. so the cone filter is before the mas air flow sensor. ive been running it like that for a couple of days, no check engine light or anything. but here is the question. there is a hose that is just loose now, i checked the engine lay out and it says its the secondary air hose. its loose so its not attached to anything anymore, is that bad? i think its just a hose that redirects air to the air box, but i could be wrong and its actually an hose that sucks air into the engine. like i said its loose, iam kinda scared now that its been sucking all kinds of dirty into the engine since its just hanging there

Kyle
02-05-2007, 07:04 PM
I would say get rid of the ghetto rigged intake. If it's a filter before the maf you are probably sucking in a lot of hot air, as I am guessing you have no heat shield. I think I know what hose you are referring to though, not sure.

gti_guy08
02-05-2007, 07:22 PM
i have a heat shield. what happened is i used to have an 05 gti and i had the p-flow from neuspeed on it. i got t-boned by a ford f-250. big motha truck versus small hatch= no good for the v-dub. but anyways. there was oil every where so i just took the heat shild from the gti and put it in my tt. all i needed is a cone air filter so i bought some k/n shit at the rice shop pep boys. but i dont have that small metal filter for that hose. i thought it was just the hose that redirects air back into the air box, but now iam second guessing myself. it might be the hose that pumps air into the exhaust manifold, i think. iam lost. its some kind of emession shit i think.