PDA

View Full Version : Race and the Super Bowl

buffdaddy18
02-04-2007, 09:08 PM
I'll just go ahead and point out, before I start this, that I am not racist by any means.

with that said, the whole race thing about the two black head coaches in the superbowl is driving me crazy. All I have heard for the last two weeks is "two black coaches this" and "two black coaches that" "two great black head coaches".

yes, I agree, it's great to see the first black head coach win a superbowl, but the attention they are getting for this seems to be getting quite rediculous. The Coca Cola commercial basically telling all the black people "Good job" was quite rediculous in my opinion. it's like saying "hey, you finally did something good"

Everybody wants to say that it will be great when the day comes that we don't have to talk about how great it is to see two black head coaches in the superbowl, but by talking about it this much, and putting them up on such a pedastal, aren't they just making it worse? Instead of just having two great coaches, we have "two great BLACK coaches." Isn't that just racist in itself?

It just seems like all this attention is really taking away from what these coaches are about. Both of them agree that this is a good thing, but that's it. You havn't seen either coach going on and on about it, and acting like they should be getting extra attention for their race, because they probably just want to be known as a great coach, not a great "black" coach.

Yeah, I look forward to the day when race isn't an issue at all, but to me, all this attention, and the commercials, doesn't really seem to help improve the situation. but hey, that's just my opinion.

and nobody better post saying that I am an ignorant racist or anything like that. Like I said many times throughout the post I am glad to see a black head coach win a superbowl, but I just think that all the publicity about it kind of contradicts what they are trying to get out of the publicity....

imbosile
02-04-2007, 09:09 PM
Yea I agree, it's sort of fueling the fire.

Brett
02-04-2007, 09:11 PM
Yeah the whole "Black Coaches" thing was ticking me off. WHO CARES!!! Why does it have to be about What color they are?

NewGen33
02-04-2007, 09:20 PM
Making history breaking barriers that is what its about.

quickdodge®
02-04-2007, 09:23 PM
I'll just go ahead and point out, before I start this, that I am not racist by any means.

Said the behind the scenes Klansman. Later, QD.

Julio
02-04-2007, 09:26 PM
Really who cares... Congrats to the colts!

Now, The whole black coach thing w/ the super bowl can open up a can of bad jokes...

One I already heard ..

"It took 2 black coaches to win 1 superbowl" now, thats fucked up..

Maniaç
02-04-2007, 09:31 PM
i agree with Julio who fucking cares

Brett
02-04-2007, 09:33 PM
Just remember what GOD KNOWS IS RIGHT, OUR PEOPLE WILL BE HEADING UP NEXT YEARS SUPERBOWL!!!!!!

WHITE POWER!!!!! :lmfao:

2.0civic
02-04-2007, 09:35 PM
Just remember what GOD KNOWS IS RIGHT, OUR PEOPLE WILL BE HEADING UP NEXT YEARS SUPERBOWL!!!!!!

WHITE POWER!!!!! :lmfao:

LIRL nice...

2.0civic
02-04-2007, 09:35 PM
its nice to know theres finally maybe a bigger "black issue" in super bowl history other than janet jacksons titty

PhAtBoYMr2
02-04-2007, 09:39 PM
Omg ban the racist!

Brett
02-04-2007, 09:41 PM
its nice to know theres finally maybe a bigger "black issue" in super bowl history other than janet jacksons titty

this years KFC Superbowl was good :lmfao:

NewGen33
02-04-2007, 09:43 PM
*sigh*

Brett
02-04-2007, 09:43 PM
All you are racise!! LOL

C22H19N3O4
02-04-2007, 09:44 PM

Don't you love the disclaimers? :gay: :lmfao:

Maniaç
02-04-2007, 09:45 PM
sometimes... so what... we all know everyone is not gonna like each other. but thats something we have to deal with.

this years super bowl was very good... sucks the bears lost but oh well.

buffdaddy18
02-04-2007, 09:45 PM
Making history breaking barriers that is what its about.

I agree with you, but I think it's to the extent that the media is taking this. It seems like they can't just refer to him as a coach, which is the eventual outcome everybody wants, but it seems contradictory to me. Acknowledge it, give him credit, and move on. Do you think Dungie would rather be known as a great coach, or a great black coach?

JDM onlyy
02-04-2007, 09:48 PM
Lol. I don't see what the big deal is. They're coaches, who cares what color they are. They coached some good teams that played good games, thats all there is to it.

NewGen33
02-04-2007, 09:51 PM
I agree with you, but I think it's to the extent that the media is taking this. It seems like they can't just refer to him as a coach, which is the eventual outcome everybody wants, but it seems contradictory to me. Acknowledge it, give him credit, and move on. Do you think Dungie would rather be known as a great coach, or a great black coach?
I think he will be remembered for both. First black coach to win the super bowl and the most winning coach in the league. I think all the black hype will dye down in time. All this talk about it though is what people expect from the media epically blacks which is understandable.

2.0civic
02-04-2007, 09:53 PM
this years KFC Superbowl was good :lmfao:

shit man i thought it was churchs

Brett
02-04-2007, 09:54 PM
Nah, Black folk changed to KFC this year, they started having Red Kool-Aid :lmfao:

2.0civic
02-04-2007, 09:56 PM
Nah, Black folk changed to KFC this year, they started having Red Kool-Aid :lmfao:

haha for real though, the best chicken ive had was at the churches in monroe one night after a game lol

Brett
02-04-2007, 09:57 PM
The one at Concourse C at Hartsfield is good, Thats the only one I have been to...LOL

ShooterMcGavin
02-05-2007, 12:04 AM
yeah fuck race being a frontpage story when it doesn't even have a bearing on what's goin on. and fuck coke for that racially charged commercial :goodjob:

quickdodge®
02-05-2007, 04:32 AM
Don't you love the disclaimers? :gay: :lmfao:

Yup. That's why I made my comment. If you're not racsit, people know and you don't have to start off every race topic or post with that "disclaimer." Later, QD.

buffdaddy18
02-05-2007, 06:47 AM
Yup. That's why I made my comment. If you're not racsit, people know and you don't have to start off every race topic or post with that "disclaimer." Later, QD.

this may be true for the most part, but with stuff like this, you will always have the one person who will go off, calling people racist, etc

Jimmy B
02-05-2007, 08:04 AM
i agree, i mena, its 2 coaches, just like ANY OTHER SUPERBOWL! who cares what color they are.. they could have painted themselves purple for all i care,.. good coaching got them to where they are,.. not what color they are..
i have said it before.. here it is again.. the biggest "racial" stuff nowadays is comming form BLACK americans.. and no.. i look at people the exact same, unless they look liek they are going to do somethign wrong.. of ANY color

Ran
02-05-2007, 08:23 AM
Black coaches go to the Superbowl! Whoopti-f*ckin'-do! It's like saying that because they're black, they're handicapped for some reason and thus deserve greater praise for accomplishing something. Reminds me of how you would praise a kid with mental retardation for tying his shoes.

Nice way to degrade and promote yourself all at the same time. :lmao:

Nemesis
02-05-2007, 08:23 AM
you never see any asian coaches.....wtf!

ShooterMcGavin
02-05-2007, 08:48 AM
lolol, don't even hardly see any azn players :P

Nemesis
02-05-2007, 08:49 AM
lolol, don't even hardly see any azn players :P

lol isnt that one guy on the saints asian? something Fujita? haha

Ran
02-05-2007, 08:49 AM
lolol, don't even hardly see any azn players :PNah, Asians pretty much stick to baseball, ping pong, and that other sport that nobody gives a sh*t about. What's it called? Soccer or something?

buffdaddy18
02-05-2007, 08:54 AM
Hines Ward is AZN and black, if he coached a team to a superbowl, there would be parades all over the country for him being the first azn/black person to coach in a super bowl lol

ShooterMcGavin
02-05-2007, 08:55 AM
lol isnt that one guy on the saints asian? something Fujita? haha
bwahahahaha, that fuckers whiter than wonderbread :lmfao: only azn player i know that's in the league now is timmy chang since dat nguyen retired.

ShooterMcGavin
02-05-2007, 08:56 AM
Nah, Asians pretty much stick to baseball, ping pong, and that other sport that nobody gives a sh*t about. What's it called? Soccer or something?
don't forget badminton! :lmao:

buffdaddy18
02-05-2007, 09:01 AM
\nly azn player i know that's in the league now is timmy chang since dat nguyen retired.

*cough*check my previous post*cough*

ShooterMcGavin
02-05-2007, 09:18 AM
TRUE azn, i don't give a fuck about halfbreeds (that's why i hate nate and george :lmfao: )

buffdaddy18
02-05-2007, 09:20 AM
TRUE azn, i don't give a fuck about halfbreeds (that's why i hate nate and george :lmfao: )

:lmfao: :lmfao: