PDA

View Full Version : Misc Anyone here snowboard?

Bajjani
02-03-2007, 09:56 PM
And know much about boards and such? I've heard different ways on deciding what type of board and size based on height or weight so on so forth so I'm seein if anyone knows much about it. I've heard its more based on height but dunno

Brett
02-03-2007, 11:21 PM
I have never done it but Id love to some day

Bajjani
02-03-2007, 11:28 PM
u guys shud come up here brett

get a few people and we'll all go the place i go has rentals and everything from boards to jackets and pants

Hulud
02-04-2007, 12:06 AM
or they could goto NC (a lot closer)

Bajjani
02-04-2007, 12:10 AM
well
they are friends
and i was thinkin hey see friends and snowboard
but hey thanks for you .02

NevrNufTorq
02-04-2007, 12:14 AM
yep, i do!! go to ambush and talk to lee or one of the guys. they are great, can outfit you or tell you all you need to know. board size has a bunch of variables including height, weight, and type of riding you plan to do. oh, they are in kennesaw off 575 off barrett pkwy.

CHADbee
02-04-2007, 12:20 AM
yep, i do!! go to ambush and talk to lee or one of the guys. they are great, can outfit you or tell you all you need to know. board size has a bunch of variables including height, weight, and type of riding you plan to do. oh, they are in kennesaw off 575 off barrett pkwy.
:stupid:

most of the time i go to winterplace in WV, but i'm not gonna be able to make it this year

*sobs uncontrollably*

R.Kelly
02-04-2007, 12:23 AM
:stupid:

most of the time i go to winterplace in WV, but i'm not gonna be able to make it this year

*sobs uncontrollably*

thats where i went and busted my clumsy no balance ass

RandomGuy
02-04-2007, 12:28 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wwq2sqUJX9I lol

puregroove
02-04-2007, 12:38 AM
I've snowboarded before and freakin' love it. I would love to go again but want to get my own gear. Rentals suck. How's the pricing at Ambush? --sucks that they closed the Gwinnett shop a while back. Kennesaw is a drive for me.

Anyone know if REI sells snow gear?

civic95
02-04-2007, 02:30 AM
I go a couple times a yr. As far as the board.. The correct size should come up to the bottom of your chin if you stand it up (with you standing up straight). There are some different models depending on if you want do freestyle, or if your more interested in speed.

It's a lot of fun once you can come down a mtn without busting your ass. Just don't expect that to happen your first day. I hated it the first day I ever did it. I must of fell 200 times. I wasn't even wanting to go back. The next day I did really well, and now I'm hooked. I would suggest going somewhere in Boone NC. your first time. I learned at sugar mtn. www.skisugar.com (http://www.skisugar.com) There are a couple other places all within 20 mins of each other but the trails seem a lot shorter than sugar.

GIXXERDK
02-04-2007, 02:48 AM
6 years +

Shorter board the easier. I dont know what your type of boarding is but I recomend an All mountain board. A freestyle board is a lot harder

81911SC
02-04-2007, 02:58 AM
nah dude dont really listen to them its a combination of height and weight just if u go to ambush ask for lee he is the owners stepson check with him and he will set u straight ive been going to him for years everybody does what kind of board are u wanting and everything lmk

BiH1320
02-04-2007, 11:02 AM
i wanna try out snowboarding.

Bajjani
02-04-2007, 12:13 PM
yea my first time was rough but i didn't do bad, by the end of the day i was doin some of the mid difficulty slopes but i was stlll bustin my ass pretty hard

2nd time i went by the end of the day i cud make it down some of the mid slopes w/o crashin but still fell a lot

went again yesterday whichis the first time since last yr and it took me to my last 2 runs before i cud make it down w/o crashin, but there was a ton of people there so since im not the best i took a fall if i didn't think i cud avoid someone so i didn't slam into ne1

Wurm
02-04-2007, 01:02 PM
my butt bone still hurt from when i went out 2 weeks ago..... I ride a Lib Dark Series board

Its ok i have only been once so i will tell you when i get some real practice in

puregroove
02-04-2007, 01:20 PM
hey,

I found http://boardsforless.com. --looks like some really good deals. No Burton boards, though. But aren't they pretty much all made the same (kind of like skateboards), it's just who you want to rock?...

Bajjani
02-04-2007, 01:25 PM
ive heard burton is just buying a name not that their boards are better

sebastianHoff
02-04-2007, 04:48 PM
when i lived in michigan we would ride at least once and take semi annual pilgrimages to colorado. burton is the board they give free to the instructors so they will tell the noobs, who rent burtons from the mountain, how great they are. since the noob learned to ride a burton they think they have to stay with it. pick a board thats wide enough so your foot wont drag and then a board thats 6"-8" short than you. when you get the point where you can get down the mountain with out bustin deside how you want to ride. if you want to do tricks and shit get a short board if you want to go real fast or just cruise get a longer board. i had a fatbob (is bob still out there?), it was wide enough so my foot wouldnt drag and it was a good 6' long. didnt work in the half pipe and wasnt good for impressing the prepubesent girls, but it would carry a ton of speed, it was real easy to control in the powder, and if i hit a role in the hill just right i could carry a good 150-175' of sexy down range air. dude, i just got nostalgic i think i might try to get out to colorado this year.

ShooterMcGavin
02-05-2007, 12:13 AM
yes i board, and i'm a bit appalled at the advice that's been given so far in this thread. if u are lookin for a board the most important thing to consider is ur WEIGHT, NOT height. how will the board know how tall u are? it will only matter how much u weigh so u can properly turn it.

tell me ur weight and height and i can give u some sizes u can try, it will also matter what type of snowboarding u are lookin to do (all mtn freeride or play in the parks freestyle).

hondamex7217
02-06-2007, 04:17 PM
no but i skateboard. but i bought some cheap ass snowboard and that shit is hard to do

ATLTSX
02-06-2007, 05:34 PM
I have snowboarded the past two Xmas in Aspen,CO. Last year I was terrible and this year I actually enjoyed myself. If you have the chance do it!

Ben