PDA

View Full Version : i need some help! cobb county rules??

Killer
02-02-2007, 08:40 AM
my room mate was just informed that cobb county has a law and that u can not own a pit in cobb county... he was informed by out land lord.. which means i have toget rid of my baby...

he'll be six months old in just a couple of days, and i've had him since he was 2 months.... this dog is like a son to me honest... he goes with me everywhere.. even work... to the store.. literally every where.. i don't want to give him up.. and i can't just move because of our lease.

i don't even know where to begin searching, and i'm little to emotional to be honest.... can anyone help me out???

what's ridiculous is lyric is the sweetest dog ever, all he wants to do is play.. yet there are people there with other dogs that bark non stop.. one dog flips out at the sight of any living creature and would definetly attack a human if given a chance... but my little baby has to leave... its the dumbest thing i've ever heard.

i just got him nuetured(spl) because i was told that it decreases the aggresion in any male dog. he's clean, he's well behaved, he stays on a leash when outside, in a cage if for some reason i have to leave him... and again i'd say 90% of the time he's out of the apt with me...

Killer
02-02-2007, 08:46 AM
come on guys, i can't find anything... help me out here!!!!

The Ninja
02-02-2007, 08:46 AM
Bump.

civic95
02-02-2007, 08:54 AM
Sounds like BS to me. I've never heard that, and i've seen people walking them. Maybe it's a neighborhood covenant or something. He is most likely worried it will attack someone, and be liable since your staying in his property. Is there a relative or someone that can watch him till your lease is up?

Killer
02-02-2007, 08:54 AM
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b132/kvb1085/DSCF3663.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b132/kvb1085/DSCF3661.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b132/kvb1085/DSCF3660.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b132/kvb1085/DSCF3659.jpg

ShooterMcGavin
02-02-2007, 08:55 AM
yeah for real, sounds like bs and even if it is a law it doesn't mean they enforce it (did u know in kennesaw if u are a homeowner ur "required by law" to own a handgun?)

Killer
02-02-2007, 08:56 AM
Sounds like BS to me. I've never heard that, and i've seen people walking them. Maybe it's a neighborhood covenant or something. He is most likely worried it will attack someone, and be liable since your staying in his property. Is there a relative or someone that can watch him till your lease is up?

no... my parents are my only relatives in ga, and my dad just had back surgery, and my step mom has a bad back and is getting some sorta surgery soon..

i've only got seven more months... i've got to do something. i won't get rid of him...

ShooterMcGavin
02-02-2007, 08:58 AM
dude, unless someone comes knocking on ur door to take ur dog away (in which case u tell them to fuck off anyway), don't worry bout shit.

Killer
02-02-2007, 09:00 AM
yeah for real, sounds like bs and even if it is a law it doesn't mean they enforce it (did u know in kennesaw if u are a homeowner ur "required by law" to own a handgun?)

that's what i'm screamin! it's a stupid law that's not enforced so why the hell is he worried about it!

it has to be cause some stupid lady saw him and acted scared one day... while he was on a leash and looked at her and wagged his tail!

he's never barked or growled at anyone but me, and even then he's just playing..

i can't google any laws prohibiting pit bulls... anyone else have any luck?

Killer
02-02-2007, 09:01 AM
dude, unless someone comes knocking on ur door to take ur dog away (in which case u tell them to fuck off anyway), don't worry bout shit.

i wish i could, but i can't risk getting kicked out... not because i care, but i have a room mate, and not only would he have no where to go, but it would hurt his credit as well as mine and i can't do that to a friend.

GIXXERDK
02-02-2007, 09:03 AM
Consult with an attorney

Killer
02-02-2007, 09:04 AM
don't have one...

who would i get in contact with to find out if the county prohibits pits?

Jecht
02-02-2007, 09:05 AM
There is no such law. It was apparently proposed, but was never made into an actual law.
http://www.doggienews.com/2005/07/ban-on-pit-bulls-gets-scrapped-in.htm

Killer
02-02-2007, 09:11 AM
that is a good find, but i think that is just state wide, i think counties still have a say so... thanks though i'm gonna print that out...

Kelly
02-02-2007, 09:13 AM
I wish I could keep him but I can't either :(

We will keep the baby!

Killer
02-02-2007, 09:34 AM
i called county, they have no ban, laws, regulations in anyway against any dogs...

BUT, my apt complex does.... they tried to put it on county but my land lord finally said, i'm sorry WE just don't allow agressive breeds. there's another guy having to get rid of his wrotty, which has to suck cause it's an adult (so he's had it longer) and it's so well trained...

i did however ask about our lease and he said it hasn't been renewed yet.. so i can leave if i want to...

ShooterMcGavin
02-02-2007, 10:09 AM
so what u gonna do?

Bishop
02-02-2007, 10:13 AM
as far as i know its not a law but the land lord can do w/e he wants. You live on his land so you have to live by his rules. I would talk to him and show him that its not a law but im sure he just said that because he doesnt want your dog there. good luck

Hulud
02-02-2007, 10:13 AM
sorry but the landlord has all the right to tell him to get rid of the dog

its not a law though

but the landlord has the say

Bishop
02-02-2007, 10:16 AM

its not a law though

repost

Hulud
02-02-2007, 10:16 AM
repost
only cause you didnt quote and i had to walk to my room to post it lol

ShooterMcGavin
02-02-2007, 10:17 AM

its not a law though

hey shouldn't u be out picking up a rollbar u tool?

00CelicaGT
02-02-2007, 07:51 PM
if u really want to keep the dog and not have to move lie to the land lord and say it's not a full breed pit tell him he's a mutt. it's not like the land lord is gonna get a blood test to prove other wise.

RISKYB
02-02-2007, 09:03 PM
if the lease hasnt been renewed find a new place, cant hurt credit with no renewed lease

RandomGuy
02-02-2007, 10:17 PM
just treat the land lord to a dinner... with the dog or something... prove that its not out to get people and that you're responsible...

then as the land lord is leaving, Spray him with cow blood and unleash the wrath of the pitbull on him.

lockjaw FTW