PDA

View Full Version : General Chat Integra GSR and LS Head Swap

0whp
02-01-2007, 09:00 PM
My friend came into possesion of a integra GSR motor,that got flooded and seized up by the previous owner and he drives a '97 integra LS.....i don't know much about this but I want to help him out, i have a couple questions regarding the head of the GSR motor..... can the head still be used if it was flooded, if so can it be installed on the LS motor, how long would it take to install it, and can it be done without taking it to a shop?????? I know I may look like an idiot because I am asking these questions which are pretty simple to answer to probably a majority of you, but I am just learning and would like to understand fully if this can be done and exactly how to do it. I greatly appreciate the help and insight that may be given.

2.0civic
02-01-2007, 09:03 PM
before you get flamed to badly, i would go to honda-tech.com and use the search tool for a bit on LS/VTEC conversions...it is stickied in there somewhere

Vuongy_Dong
02-01-2007, 09:24 PM
head may still be usuable. take the cam caps off and see if the cams are still good. exp. are there any stratches or seized look on the cam shafts? you can put that head on the ls block, but will cost you more. you will have to buy a vtec ecu, oil lines, headgasket, conversion dowel pins, vtec water pump, oil pump, and gsr timing belt. also, you will have to run the vtec wires and all. by the time you get all the stuff needed and install labor, you will well be in the neighbor hood of close to $1k or more. that is just a stock ls/vtec conversion. also, you should atleast get some arp rod bolts to handle the high rpm here and there.