PDA

View Full Version : This sucked major ass - and it continued into today!

DinanM3atl
02-01-2007, 05:41 PM
Last thursday I got a citation for expired tags. This was in alpharetta. I had moved and totally forgot about getting it done. I asked off for this Friday from work. Tonight on the way to get my cousin from the airport I get pulled over by an Atlanta cop. He proceeds to walk up and starts yelling about the tag is 2 months expired. I explained to him my moving. I forgot and the whole time was using yes sir I am sorry etc. I told him last week I got a citation for it and asked off Friday from work. He says "I don't care, you better call you little BMW buddy to come back here because you need a ride home"

I asked why, "You are getting your car impounded cause you cannot follow the rules" So I told him I got the other ticker, I asked off for Friday and he says he does not care at all and to call my friend.

So my boss comes and starts to get out of the car and the officer at the top of his lungs yells "GET BACK IN YOUR NOW!!!" and angrily points at my boss and he throws his hands up and gets back in the car.

I get ANOTHER CITATION... THE SAME EXACT ONE... I ask him why is it getting towed. I am going on friday. He said the moment I call in expired tag dispatch sends a tow truck... that cannot be true because alpharetta didn't send a tow truck but I apologize, hoping for him to have some kind of heart. I really am going on friday etc etc. No luck

So tow truck arrives and two guys get out. I tell them you better take care of this, Do you have blocks of wood to get it on there. They said no, So I ask officer how are they going to tow it. "They aren't, one of them are going to drive it" I say how do I know what happens when they leave here. That it arrives safely? He does not respond, I ask them to please take good care of it. Now I get in my boss's car and I ask him to follow it... WELL my M3 goes RAHHHHHHHHH RAHHHHHHHH RAHHHHHH and he FLIES off and then we start to go... the copy follows us at 65 MPH on the highway while my car is weaving in and out of traffic. HOW IS THIS **** ALLOWED? So we lose him obviously.

So now I have to go to tag office and pay, drive to atlanta with receipt and get car, I asked cop what if I get pulled over on the way to emissions and he said if your lucky they will follow you to emissions, if not they will impound again rigth there. Can they do this? Couldn't the officer just wait out front of impound for people to leave and pull them over again?

So tomorrow will be fun!!

I thought I had some time to get it fixed. I would have gone next day if I knew this but I was trying to be nice to my boss and follow the rules. Now I have two court dates and some redneck was speeding with my car IN FRONT OF A COP while he made us go 65...

So can I really get it twice? Can I really get it a third time while driving to the Emissions location?

WTF

*update*

This was yesterday! - Today I went and their computers were down at the Property release. So I could not get my car out!! So now I am taking ANOTHER day off work to get my car!

Mr_Mischif
02-01-2007, 05:44 PM
Ouch...damn I feel sorry for you.

Ran
02-01-2007, 05:59 PM
Holy sh*t, that f*cking sucks. Good luck getting your car out. I wonder if they'll charge some horrendous impound fee too.

R3RUN
02-01-2007, 06:04 PM
I hope you got his badge number and file a complaint. That is rediculous, I would also do something about your car getting the shit beat out of it if at all possible.

cornercarver78
02-01-2007, 06:30 PM
Complain!!! Who knows how many complaints the guy has recieved. You never know, yours could be the final straw to getting the guy in trouble!

Benefit
02-01-2007, 06:38 PM
damn that really fuckin sucks

DinanM3atl
02-01-2007, 08:45 PM
I will be filing the complaint. I talked with a lawyer already and he talked with a high ranking APD official. There is ZERO laws or rules saying that the car HAS to be towed on an expired tag. So the cop lied to me. 2nd he had never heard about not towing a car and someone driving it. It probably is against the rules of the towing company. And if it is a file a complaint there too and they fix whatever is wrong with the car... which I will find everything...

LiL PaKi
02-01-2007, 09:00 PM
damn that sucks but yea hope all goes in your favor...

2.0civic
02-01-2007, 09:06 PM
I will be filing the complaint. I talked with a lawyer already and he talked with a high ranking APD official. There is ZERO laws or rules saying that the car HAS to be towed on an expired tag. So the cop lied to me. 2nd he had never heard about not towing a car and someone driving it. It probably is against the rules of the towing company. And if it is a file a complaint there too and they fix whatever is wrong with the car... which I will find everything...

what?? my non existent supercharger is gone!:D

The Green Monster
02-01-2007, 10:00 PM
^^^:stupid:^^^

ScoobyRacer
02-01-2007, 10:09 PM
Sounds like you got the cop from Harold and Kumar...haha " I'm gonna bust your ass"!!

IndianStig
02-01-2007, 11:01 PM
THATS FUCKED UP.

I hope you go places with this, thats absolute bullshit.

sidewayz
02-02-2007, 07:41 AM
my girlfriends mom is a cobb co officer i will ask her today and get back to you. she will know the proper approach to take on this

The Ninja
02-02-2007, 07:47 AM
Damn dude, hope everything works out in your favor.

4dmin
02-02-2007, 07:57 AM
dayum man seriously file a complaint; i have never heard of that he has to drive the car. sorry man but i would called the cop out on this; i would of had a lawyer on the phone. what if that guy hit someone in your car? are you then liable for that idiot in your car b/c a cop told him to drive?

AtifSajid
02-02-2007, 09:18 AM
This is the carziest shti i ever heard. There is no way any fucker would drive my car anywhere. There would have been a big problem and a lawyer on the phone at that time..no questions.

con
02-02-2007, 09:27 AM
don,t quote me but I think the dmv is able to provide a temp tag for the purpose of those who have trouble passing emissions. I would try to get one of those prior to driving the car again with your luck.

con
02-02-2007, 09:35 AM
forgot to mention I had something similar happen. I had just bought a crx and forgot to take the previous owner's tag off. ironically it expired the very next day and I was stopped by east point. wasn't speeding or anything, cop just pulled behind me from a gas station and followed me for a few blocks before pulling me over. my downfall was that the car had a swapped dash and jdm engine swap. I had documentation from a junkyard for the dash but the cop had it towed saying all documents needed to be investigated. next day I talked to the chief and he said there were no issues and that it shouldn't have been towed. however I still had to fork over the 85 dollar towing and 125 dollar illegal equip for the nitrous. took him 45 minute to find the setup.

Bruce Leroy
02-02-2007, 09:52 AM
At least the redneck didn't wreck your car, like that noob cop wrecked some guys 350z.

MongolPup
02-02-2007, 11:27 AM
At least the redneck didn't wreck your car, like that noob cop wrecked some guys 350z.

Yeah that came to mind.....

anyway there is no way in hell you should let that stand.....talk to a lawyer and see if you can go after the towing company.....if so get the car 324578934859082460985309 point inspected by a BMW dealership (stealerships=best at finding shit that need to be "replaced") and then have everything fixed at the companies expense.

Don't know if that exact situation is possible, but you see where I'm going.

DinanM3atl
02-02-2007, 03:56 PM
I got everythiung finished today finally

car is fine...

Ran
02-02-2007, 03:57 PM
I got everythiung finished today finally

car is fine...Any fees, hassles, or other bullsh*t? Report with details!

DinanM3atl
02-02-2007, 03:58 PM
105 for tow

paid my taxes on the car

stood in line at the property release building for 2 hours to go 20 people

it just plained sucked!

Ran
02-02-2007, 03:59 PM
105 for tow

paid my taxes on the car

it just plained sucked!Sounds about as fun as the DMV. Glad you got your car out though. :goodjob:

Got a new tag for it yet? :lmfao:

DinanM3atl
02-02-2007, 04:00 PM
Also, i do not want to file a complaint against the cop.. he obviously patrols around where I work. And when he gets in trouble for that issue of towing the car and hassling me etc. He is going to bust me for something everytime he sees me.

Ran
02-02-2007, 04:01 PM
Also, i do not want to file a complaint against the cop.. he obviously patrols around where I work. And when he gets in trouble for that issue of towing the car and hassling me etc. He is going to bust me for something everytime he sees me.You can't file an anonymous complaint?

DinanM3atl
02-02-2007, 04:04 PM
Im sure you can. But it is going to reference this issue. He will know it is me...

And yes... I have my nice new little purple sticker on the plate!

JDM onlyy
02-02-2007, 04:22 PM
That's bullshit, I would file a complaint. And if he harasses you for something stupid can't u file more complaints? I say you file the complaints because that officer was bullshit!

ShooterMcGavin
02-05-2007, 12:56 PM
hmmm interesting, i think i smell some karma at work here....
http://forums.importatlanta.com/showthread.php?t=85419

ShooterMcGavin
02-05-2007, 12:56 PM
105 for tow

paid my taxes on the car

it just plained sucked!
so did u get a chance to talk to the guy that drove off in ur car and ask him what he thought about ur "ultimate driving machine"?

Doppelgänger
02-05-2007, 06:32 PM
im suprised you didnt request a covered tow truck.....

Ran
02-05-2007, 06:50 PM
hmmm interesting, i think i smell some karma at work here....
http://forums.importatlanta.com/showthread.php?t=85419Oh God, not again... :(

ShooterMcGavin
02-05-2007, 08:04 PM
im suprised you didnt request a covered tow truck.....
think someone else agrees w/me :lmfao:

3.5altman
02-05-2007, 08:10 PM
damn this shit has to suck

DinanM3atl
02-05-2007, 09:32 PM
think someone else agrees w/me :lmfao:

No i didn't.. guess I should have huh?

How was that Karma??? So my car got impounded because I think the G35S is a piece of shit?

You are a genious man!

SLOWR/T
02-05-2007, 09:47 PM
WOW! First I would NEVER let some tow truck guy drive my car...... EVER! I would have requested another/higher ranked officer out to the site. You don’t have to put up with a cop yelling at you for no reason. I would still file a complaint because if you let this go then he will continue to act like a little bitch. If he has numerous complaints the he can get demoted to a lesser position

Julio
02-05-2007, 09:49 PM
Also, i do not want to file a complaint against the cop.. he obviously patrols around where I work. And when he gets in trouble for that issue of towing the car and hassling me etc. He is going to bust me for something everytime he sees me.

Dont be scare, file the complaint.. if he bust you again, That will be another complaint... dont let him get away with the BS.

ShooterMcGavin
02-05-2007, 09:54 PM
No i didn't.. guess I should have huh?

How was that Karma??? So my car got impounded because I think the G35S is a piece of shit?

You are a genious man!

i was talkin about droptop agreeing :goodjob:

and before u rev that bmw-holier-than-thou engine anymore, i was just joking, so relax :yes:

and yes, i am a GENIUS :D

ShooterMcGavin
02-05-2007, 09:55 PM
Dont be scare, file the complaint.. if he bust you again, That will be another complaint... dont let him get away with the BS.
:stupid: and if ur not doin anything illegal, what's he goin to bust u for?

DinanM3atl
02-05-2007, 09:56 PM
:stupid: and if ur not doin anything illegal, what's he goin to bust u for?

He can do whatever he wants. Because he is a cop

He could estimate that I was speeding so he pulled me over....

ShooterMcGavin
02-05-2007, 09:58 PM
u don't think the judge would find it funny that u've been to court 3 times in one month from being busted by the same cop VISUALLY estimating ur speed? u'd have to kill his family for him to pay THAT much attention to u :goodjob:

DBCooper
02-05-2007, 11:44 PM
u don't think the judge would find it funny that u've been to court 3 times in one month from being busted by the same cop VISUALLY estimating ur speed? u'd have to kill his family for him to pay THAT much attention to u :goodjob:

is that what this has come to:no: sad.

ShooterMcGavin
02-06-2007, 07:49 AM
hey just saying, dinan seems to think he'd be the hottest thing to this cop since donuts w/holes :dunno:

Sol-Badguy
02-06-2007, 09:12 AM
I'd do the complaint. Plain and simple. I've had a cop give me a ticket for no reason, but I won't go into that.

Only reason I didn't file one on him was it was in bum-fucked Alabama on the way to Panama City.

DinanM3atl
02-07-2007, 12:04 AM
His beat is around my office. So I drive through his area in the morning. During lunch. If I run errands, then when I leave...

He is just WAITING for me to do something else...

On the other hand. How do I file a complaint?

DinanM3atl
02-07-2007, 12:05 AM
Found it:

http://www.atlantapd.org/index.asp?nav=OComments

I'll do it tomorrow at work.

DinanM3atl
02-07-2007, 12:12 AM
Where can I find the laws or rules specifically referring to a stop involving an expired tag... cannot seem to find it on the site.

XHAOS
02-07-2007, 03:07 AM
IIRC, them driving your car away is illegal as all hell. When my brothers Vette was impounded a cop drove his car off and when my mom called to find out where it was taken, and told them that they had driven it off, the person she talked to at the police station said that that couldnt have happened because it is illegal. so maybe if u file the complaint u can get the cop arrested.

nothing happened with my brothers car because it was her word against the cops ...

ShooterMcGavin
02-07-2007, 07:33 AM
sounds like u should've snapped some pics of them taking off in ur car.

speedminded
02-07-2007, 10:39 AM
105 for tow

paid my taxes on the car

it just plained sucked!It wasn't towed ;) I would ask to speak to the owner of the towing company then request their insurance information.

As for towing, i am just about positive it's a 'fix-it' ticket with the tag unlike expired insurance where they can and will tow it. Ask to speak to the officers captian/supervisor...keep pushing it. Everything should be dropped and refunded.

DinanM3atl
02-07-2007, 10:58 AM
On bimmerforums, one of the members knows the owner. I will be speaking with this individual on Saturday at the Stn Mtn meet.