PDA

View Full Version : Looks like APC is gone for good..

The Ren
02-01-2007, 09:22 AM
Sorry boys and girls.. looks like for now ow you'll have to go to places other than advanced auto or pep boys to get your modifcation needs

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1189706

http://www.rhlaw.com/CM/Custom/TOCSignificantCases.asp

http://consumeraffairs.com/news03/lights.html

blacknightteg
02-01-2007, 09:23 AM
YAY!!!! no mexican 3 wong cars with nike an APC stickers all over

Brett
02-01-2007, 09:24 AM
Oh darn, Now the mexicans will pay top dollar on Ebay for this shit. I better go buy out the PEP BOYS and list this shit on Ebay now< be the next PS3 over price sale on Ebay!! :lmfao:

Sol-Badguy
02-01-2007, 09:27 AM
:bigdance:

Flip
02-01-2007, 09:27 AM
*shew* what a relief...

Slowboy
02-01-2007, 09:32 AM
something is goin to have to replace them.

Killer
02-01-2007, 09:34 AM
dang, now i can't do the upgrades i was gonna do...

flashing hood squirters, purple bulbs... fake wood steering wheel cover, strobe wiper blades.. man! anyone got this stuff?

HeLLo iM iZzY
02-01-2007, 09:36 AM
OMG APC TAILS, SIDEMARKERS, and HEADLIGHTS in my forsale thread.

HURRY cause IT WONT LAST !

LOLOL !!

Sammich
02-01-2007, 09:41 AM
-_-

ShooterMcGavin
02-01-2007, 09:43 AM
good riddance, now how much longer before this noob iloveapc gets banned??? :lmao:

Sammich
02-01-2007, 09:45 AM
neva seen that d00d

Ran
02-01-2007, 09:45 AM
:bump:

Kyle
02-01-2007, 09:46 AM
What has the world come to!!!! Noooo.... I am glad this happened, it will save a bunch of innocent cars from being destroyed by riceboys.

thinkfast®
02-01-2007, 09:47 AM
there goes the trailer park

Sol-Badguy
02-01-2007, 09:53 AM
^HA!

Brett
02-01-2007, 09:56 AM
good riddance, now how much longer before this noob iloveapc gets banned??? :lmao:

PBS is first on my list for the day :lmfao:

HEATON
02-01-2007, 09:58 AM
The clouds parted and God said "Let there be light!!"

FINALLY!

But I must agree APC is getting shafted on this one. They are gettin fined? Another case of the system fucking the system. People didn't HAVE to buy the shit.

Sammich
02-01-2007, 10:00 AM
PBS is first on my list for the day :lmfao:

sweet:goodjob:

HeLLo iM iZzY
02-01-2007, 10:03 AM
sweet:goodjob:
The ban stick about to own j0u !

Sammich
02-01-2007, 10:13 AM
-_-

Ran
02-01-2007, 10:17 AM
But I must agree APC is getting shafted on this one. They are gettin fined? Another case of the system fucking the system. People didn't HAVE to buy the shit.Didn't all of their products have "For Off Road Use Only" on the packages? I would think that this would keep them from being held liable for the products being used on the streets. :???:

Sol-Badguy
02-01-2007, 10:20 AM
^That's true, I forgot about that.

Either way, no more APC windshield banners!

HEATON
02-01-2007, 10:25 AM
Didn't all of their products have "For Off Road Use Only" on the packages? I would think that this would keep them from being held liable for the products being used on the streets. :???:

My thoughts exactly.. And even if it didn't say that, I believe they would say Check Local Laws or something like that.

ShooterMcGavin
02-01-2007, 10:30 AM
Didn't all of their products have "For Off Road Use Only" on the packages? I would think that this would keep them from being held liable for the products being used on the streets. :???:
not sure, some companies say that but others tried to claim their shit was sae/dot approved.

ShooterMcGavin
02-01-2007, 10:32 AM
But I must agree APC is getting shafted on this one. They are gettin fined? Another case of the system fucking the system. People didn't HAVE to buy the shit.
how so? i mean it's apc being irresponsible/negligent. i mean would u expect a maker of child car seats to not test their products and say "buy at ur own risk" or if it's known that it's not safe to say "u don't have to buy it?"

HEATON
02-01-2007, 10:52 AM
how so? i mean it's apc being irresponsible/negligent. i mean would u expect a maker of child car seats to not test their products and say "buy at ur own risk" or if it's known that it's not safe to say "u don't have to buy it?"

Don't child car seats have a DOT approved logo? An accessory and a neccesity are two TOTALLY different things. Parents HAVE to have child seats, teens wanting to be cool DONT HAVE to have blue corners lights!

ShooterMcGavin
02-01-2007, 11:32 AM
Don't child car seats have a DOT approved logo? An accessory and a neccesity are two TOTALLY different things. Parents HAVE to have child seats, teens wanting to be cool DONT HAVE to have blue corners lights!
lol wow, accessory and necessity are two totally different things? agreed, so basically what ur saying is that something like low profile tires do not need to be dot approved? bc the only reason they exist is to satisfy those that want big ass wheels but don't HAVE to have it. if u agree w/that then ur logic is obviously faulty. if u disagree then how can u say that a company whose main products are tailored to the automotive hobby sector does not have to be responsible enough to make products that are in line with safety specifications set forth by the dot?

Ran
02-01-2007, 11:56 AM
how can u say that a company whose main products are tailored to the automotive hobby sector does not have to be responsible enough to make products that are in line with safety specifications set forth by the dot?I don't personally think that they have to meet DOT standards. However, if they don't, then they need to be advertised as such. They could be items used specifically for car shows. In which case, anybody that puts the parts on a street driven vehicle does so at their own risk. Now if APC was selling these as "Street Legal" parts when they were not, then I can see a problem.

In the end, I see it all as to how they advertise and promote their products. Not so much on the products themselves.

R3RUN
02-01-2007, 12:05 PM
there goes the trailer park
And buford highway.

HEATON
02-01-2007, 01:26 PM
lol wow, accessory and necessity are two totally different things? agreed, so basically what ur saying is that something like low profile tires do not need to be dot approved? bc the only reason they exist is to satisfy those that want big ass wheels but don't HAVE to have it. if u agree w/that then ur logic is obviously faulty. if u disagree then how can u say that a company whose main products are tailored to the automotive hobby sector does not have to be responsible enough to make products that are in line with safety specifications set forth by the dot?

I don't remember APC ever making low profile tires.. Even if they are tailored to the automotive world, why does that mean things have to be street legal? Is there not a ''Show'' aspect of the auto world? Do we not crowd car shows to look at cars that are not being driven?

What your saying is like saying a fast food resturant should take credit for people becoming obeist (sp) because they eat their food.

Just because its out there, doesn't mean its good for you, nor is it right. YES, we can all partake in it, but shouldn't indulge in it.

Why should there be signs on anything saying it is wrong? There only be signs on something that is right.. Bc that's why we as humans and ADULTS are able to judge the difference between right and wrong!

SKUNK2GUY
02-01-2007, 01:44 PM
nooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!

SKUNK2GUY
02-01-2007, 01:45 PM
oh yeah and how am i noob?

Sammich
02-01-2007, 01:45 PM
y3ssssssssssssssssssssss

Ran
02-01-2007, 01:47 PM
And buford highway.Duck (Duct) Tape and Bondo are still in business. Buford Hwy lives on.

Maniaç
02-01-2007, 01:52 PM
i don't care

ShooterMcGavin
02-01-2007, 02:07 PM
I don't remember APC ever making low profile tires.. Even if they are tailored to the automotive world, why does that mean things have to be street legal? Is there not a ''Show'' aspect of the auto world? Do we not crowd car shows to look at cars that are not being driven?
didn't say they did, was suggesting that tire companies who make low pro tires shouldn't have to make them street legal. and there is a show aspect, but that doesn't give them the right to not clearly mark their products as for off-road use only.

What your saying is like saying a fast food resturant should take credit for people becoming obeist (sp) because they eat their food.

well don't they "take credit" as it is? i mean it's not like lawsuits haven't been filed and now there are clear disclaimers that fast food restaurants are not responsible for such. not to mention almost every fast food restaurant out there now voluntarily post up their nutriotional info at every store and on their websites. in this day and age and in the society we live in, u take responsibility to at least protect urself as a business, which once again, is something apc failed to do.

Just because its out there, doesn't mean its good for you, nor is it right. YES, we can all partake in it, but shouldn't indulge in it.

Why should there be signs on anything saying it is wrong? There only be signs on something that is right.. Bc that's why we as humans and ADULTS are able to judge the difference between right and wrong!

why should there be signs? bc unfortunately, we do not live in a world where humans as adults can judge the diff btw right and wrong. hell u give ppl out there WAY too much credit. not to mention the subject we're talkin about involves teenagers, who should be given even less credit for knowing what's right and wrong.

RandomGuy
02-01-2007, 03:07 PM
APC is no worse than spectre performance

lol

R3RUN
02-01-2007, 03:12 PM
Duck (Duct) Tape and Bondo are still in business. Buford Hwy lives on.
True but now they have to find new shit to duct tape and bondo on to the cars :)

BluesClues
02-01-2007, 03:15 PM
Who will the mexicans represent now?

R3RUN
02-01-2007, 03:18 PM
Mexico?

RandomGuy
02-01-2007, 03:40 PM
Who will the mexicans represent now?
spectre performance LIRL

i heard they all got "sponsorships" now

bigdare23
02-01-2007, 03:41 PM
YAY!!!! no mexican 3 wong cars with nike an APC stickers all over

Bad thing about this that I know what are you talking about :lmfao:

Ran
02-01-2007, 03:50 PM
Who will the mexicans represent now?Puerto Rice-o

ahmonrah
02-01-2007, 03:57 PM
damn! and i was gonna slap an aluminum guillotine(see APC WING) on the old s13.......dammit...now i gotta go with authentic and tasteful bodyparts now.....

bigdare23
02-01-2007, 04:05 PM
Yeah I just lost my sponsership ...........................

ahmonrah
02-01-2007, 04:39 PM
Yeah I just lost my sponsership ...........................:lmfao:

3.5altman
02-01-2007, 05:11 PM
the rice headquarters out of commission lol...

Jkuao
02-01-2007, 05:42 PM
Unfortunately the founder Brian Horowitz apparently jumped ship several years back and got into this horror: https://www.ridetones.com/home
Good thing it never took off and he hopefully lost every penny he ever made on APC.

650k fine probably did in the poor saps who bought the company. Did a quick search and it looks like he leveraged the crap out of the company back in '03...probably fighting the lawsuits. I seem to recall him announcing Ford took him on as supplier and I don't think that could have helped their quality.

fawk_you
02-01-2007, 07:08 PM
bout fucking time.