PDA

View Full Version : DAYTONA BEACH

bdydrpdmazda
02-01-2007, 07:44 AM
Im moving there after I get out of the Army. I dont know shit about the area except that it is loaded with custom cars and trucks and two of the biggest bike rallys of the year happen there. Anybody know anything about the area?

4dmin
02-01-2007, 08:06 AM
ya its great to vacation sucks to live there... there really isn't anything there other then the beach. its a tourist city; not alot of industry.

Sol-Badguy
02-01-2007, 08:10 AM
^x2.

I haven't been down there in a while, but I remember it being nothing but tourists.

I'd rather live in the Bayside of Panama.

thinkfast®
02-01-2007, 08:12 AM
look twice save a life

bikes are everywhere

rickgiblin
02-01-2007, 11:42 AM
^^^^ true that... always second look

PhAtBoYMr2
02-01-2007, 11:50 AM
theres a beach
theres bars
there bitches
theres bikes

Move there, NOW

R3RUN
02-01-2007, 12:09 PM
I wouldnt want to live there. Its only about 45min from Orlando, even less from Deltona, just move to one of those places it will be easier to get a job and you will still be close to daytona.

Brett
02-01-2007, 12:14 PM
I wouldnt want to live there, just a tourist town

bdydrpdmazda
02-02-2007, 10:38 PM
Im gonna be doing collision repair and according to google earth there are quite a few shops down there so work wont be a problem and the night life is incredible. It is only an hour from Jacksonville and like somebody else said, 45 mins from Orlando. I think its gonna be a good experience and Ill never miss the bike rally or the classic car shows.

BTLFED
02-02-2007, 10:42 PM
I just got back from Daytona. I was there for the Rolex 24 hours.

bdydrpdmazda
02-02-2007, 10:44 PM
I just got back from Daytona. I was there for the Rolex 24 hours.
have fun?

Jecht
02-02-2007, 10:48 PM
Believe me, YOU WILL GET BORED WITH IT. Most of the interesting people that are there are merely tourists and they leave. Jacksonville would be a much better place. Its a very nice city, and I compare it to Atlanta. Its near the beach and has lots of places nearby to live.

bdydrpdmazda
02-02-2007, 10:50 PM
Believe me, YOU WILL GET BORED WITH IT. Most of the interesting people that are there are merely tourists and they leave. Jacksonville would be a much better place. Its a very nice city, and I compare it to Atlanta. Its near the beach and has lots of places nearby to live.
You will get bored with any city after living there long enough.

bdydrpdmazda
02-02-2007, 10:54 PM
The only time its not tourist season in Daytona is December, January and March. Feb has the Daytona 500, April has spring break, the summer is the summer and it has bike week, September has Labor Day, October has Biketoberfest and November has the Turkey run which is one of the largest classic car shows of the season.

R3RUN
02-03-2007, 12:58 AM
I hope youre kidding about Jacksonville being nicer than atlanta. Lived there for 2 years and will never live there again. Every morning, no matter where you live in the city, it smells like the fucking paper mill. Its fucking gross. 90% of the people there are assholes aswell.

Also Daytona is more like an hour and a half to 2 hours from Jacksonville. My family has a condo 30min north of Daytona and it takes us about an hour to get to the condo from Jacksonville. You are much closer to Orlando than Jacksonville.

R3RUN
02-03-2007, 01:02 AM
Also, large portions of Jacksonville are very prone to flooding and are ghettooooooooooo.......

bdydrpdmazda
02-03-2007, 03:32 AM
Also, large portions of Jacksonville are very prone to flooding and are ghettooooooooooo.......
Large portions of Atlanta are ghetto as fuck as well.

ultm8mind
02-03-2007, 06:04 AM
There are several places to live close to Daytona, you have Orlando 45minutes away, which is where I'll probably move to when I depart the Army, and Deltona which is half way between the two. If you wanna go to Daytona do it, God knows we deserve it after doing this Army thing. But do a comparison of all places around the area, to see if you can be close enough to Daytona and still be in a "good" area. If you're set on Daytona though do it! If you don't like it move, LOL. Good luck on the ETS too man.

kittychick
02-03-2007, 06:56 AM
The only time its not tourist season in Daytona is December, January and March. Feb has the Daytona 500, April has spring break, the summer is the summer and it has bike week, September has Labor Day, October has Biketoberfest and November has the Turkey run which is one of the largest classic car shows of the season.
sounds like you have a plan :)
hope you enjoy it and the move's not too stressful

I think there are a lot of old school shops around there, I've got a friend who's dad owns a shop somewhere right around Daytona and they work on some great projects

Julio
02-03-2007, 01:01 PM
fuck that.. vacation only.. actually, fuc* Florida in general.. nice places.. but Nothing more then vacation...

R3RUN
02-03-2007, 01:04 PM
Large portions of Atlanta are ghetto as fuck as well.
Yes, but theres alot more nice areas to balance it out. God I hate that city.

BTLFED
02-03-2007, 05:16 PM
have fun?

Absolutely. :goodjob:

Jecht
02-03-2007, 05:32 PM
Ehh, I didn't say that Jacksonville is nicer than Atlanta, I said I like it and I compare it to Atlanta. I have a condo in Saint Augustine, and I love the place year round. I plan to buy a house in that area after I'm done with college.

R3RUN
02-03-2007, 06:05 PM
My bad, I suck at reading. Still I hate Jacksonville. St. Augustine is really nice our place is in a small town south of there called Flagler Beach, may have heard of it.

Jecht
02-03-2007, 06:56 PM
My bad, I suck at reading. Still I hate Jacksonville. St. Augustine is really nice our place is in a small town south of there called Flagler Beach, may have heard of it.
Its okay. I drive through Flagler Beach when I go to the boardwalk in Daytona to get salt water taffee. lol:goodjob:

R3RUN
02-03-2007, 06:58 PM
Yea its probably like 2 min to get throught the whole town.