PDA

View Full Version : air/fuel gauge?????????????

Turbodude06
01-31-2007, 02:39 PM
Ok just hooked up an air/fuel gauge on my civic and I can't figure out why the check engine light is now on and I can't make it go off, I've reset the battery a couple of times but after a couple of seconds it will come on again. I don't know if I hooked it up wrong or what and the car is sputtering a little bit... Ok their are four wires on the O2 sensor- 2 black, 1 white, and 1 green. I have it hooked up to the white one cause that was the only one that actually made the gauge move... So is this the right wire has anyone done one of these on a civic or something like that. PLEASE HELP:no:

SCROLL DOWN TO MY NEW PROBLEM:cry:

Turbodude06
01-31-2007, 02:45 PM
I really need to know if I hooked it up to the right wire. I know there is a signal, signal ground, heater voltage, and heater ground just can't find anywere what color they are.

Down again:cry:

Turbodude06
02-01-2007, 10:59 PM
Ok went and got the car scanned today and it said bad heater wire on the O2 sensor so I replace it and its still throwing the code and for some reason now my seedometer doesn't work either and when it does it bounce back a fourth sometimes it tach's out at like 140-150 Mph, just when I was pulling in my driveway. Do the O2 sensor and the speed sensor have something in common or something to make it do these things at the same time... Some one please help me. PLEASE..........

Daryl
02-01-2007, 11:33 PM
Did you clear the code from the ecu? Do you still have the gauge hooked up?

Turbodude06
02-02-2007, 04:50 PM
Yes I cleared it from the ECU and it still comes back and no the gauge isn't still hooked up, I read somewere that their is a relay that could have blown but I have no idea were its at.... PLEASE HELP ME

§treet_§peed
02-03-2007, 06:40 PM
soundslike something got fucked up with the ecu.. but not sure.. ask mike

RandomGuy
02-03-2007, 09:20 PM
wtf what kind of air/fuel guage is it? 4 wires?

all the ones i've ever had were 3 wire... purple to 02, ground and +12

thats odd

maybe this will help:

if ur + and ground are hooked up right and everything else isnt hooked up... it should read max rich...

§treet_§peed
02-03-2007, 10:20 PM
whenever i hooked mine up i had a purple a brown and a white. i got a 96 civic with a d16y7 tho

Mr_S13®
02-03-2007, 10:57 PM
Alright, so your saying you have a 4 wire 02. The 2 blacks are the heater power and ground. The green is the signal and the white is the signal ground. the purple wire from your gauge...assuming its autometer...needs to attach to the green wire. The gauge will not read until the sensor reaches 600 degrees farenheit. So if you were hooking it up and cranking it and shutting it back off your not gonna get a result. As far as the issues your experiencing, it may be a result of grounding out the sensor and damaging something in your ecu. The only way to check that is to pull out your ecu, and smell it. If you smell a burnt smell...kinda like a blown speaker...then pull the cover off and look for black spots on the backside of the board. Otherwise, if you completely cut your o2 off the rewired it you may have your heater wires reversed. And also check your connections. Hope this helps! Sorry for the lengthy post!

§treet_§peed
02-03-2007, 10:59 PM
good info... props

Turbodude06
02-04-2007, 12:11 PM
Alright, so your saying you have a 4 wire 02. The 2 blacks are the heater power and ground. The green is the signal and the white is the signal ground. the purple wire from your gauge...assuming its autometer...needs to attach to the green wire. The gauge will not read until the sensor reaches 600 degrees farenheit. So if you were hooking it up and cranking it and shutting it back off your not gonna get a result. As far as the issues your experiencing, it may be a result of grounding out the sensor and damaging something in your ecu. The only way to check that is to pull out your ecu, and smell it. If you smell a burnt smell...kinda like a blown speaker...then pull the cover off and look for black spots on the backside of the board. Otherwise, if you completely cut your o2 off the rewired it you may have your heater wires reversed. And also check your connections. Hope this helps! Sorry for the lengthy post!

OK thanks I need to go and the ECU then I hope thats not the problem. and I know I didn't get the wires mixed up because it wasn't universal O2 is was just a plug in one so IDK. But thank u anyone else have any ideas will let u know if the ECU is the problem.

- Oh if I put in a GSR ECU in the EX civic would this tell me if the ECU in the civic is bad or will that just not make it run right either. Just so I can see if thats the problem rather then getting a nother ECU from a D16.....

jmmx258
02-05-2007, 12:41 PM
What year is it? I know in my 96 civic. When i first got it the fuse that makes the speedo work, and turns the alt. on to charge the car was blown. Caused my speedo to randomly jump. Replaced the fuse, never had a problem with it after that. While it was blown..the car would still run, but barely charge the battery enough that it would keep running. After i replaced 3 batteries, all the power/ground wires to bigger wire, and an altenator, i found out it was a fuse...300 bucks later.

Turbodude06
02-05-2007, 10:39 PM
Fixed it thanks to jmmx258, Thanks again man...

BABY J
02-05-2007, 10:47 PM
^^ Post ur fix online to help the community. Also ur posts were hard to follow. In ur final post (b4 the mods lock it), post year, make, model, engine, ECU, and what product u were installing. Also post what OBD u are.

jmmx258
02-05-2007, 10:52 PM
I dont know the specs on his car. I do know that it was the fuse in the box under the dash for the Alt. Speedo, and something else i cant recall. Its like a 7 Amp or 7.5 amp fuse. I'm assuming its a 96-00 civic though. Thats what i was having the same troubles in.

Turbodude06
02-06-2007, 04:58 PM
^^ Post ur fix online to help the community. Also ur posts were hard to follow. In ur final post (b4 the mods lock it), post year, make, model, engine, ECU, and what product u were installing. Also post what OBD u are.

1997 Honda Civic Ex D16y8, it was the Altenator fuse under the dash:screwy: