PDA

View Full Version : Random Nick Hogan<Drifting(video)

B16a2 Civic
01-30-2007, 09:49 AM
Lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GINeKahrFt0

Doppelgänger
01-30-2007, 09:53 AM
ha! Few factors at play here. If that was one of the first time on Irwindale, or even drifting for that matter, then its understandable. But my understanding is that he has been getting 'lessons' for quite sometime. He looked afraid of the car.... not on the throttle a whole lot.

B16a2 Civic
01-30-2007, 09:54 AM
Lol, i always laugh

abdullah9018
01-30-2007, 09:55 AM
owned

Repost Squintz
01-30-2007, 09:58 AM
would make a funny sig

B16a2 Civic
01-30-2007, 09:59 AM
ha! Few factors at play here. If that was one of the first time on Irwindale, or even drifting for that matter, then its understandable. But my understanding is that he has been getting 'lessons' for quite sometime. He looked afraid of the car.... not on the throttle a whole lot.

yeah, too much car for him

B16a2 Civic
01-30-2007, 09:59 AM
hulk hogan should have body slammed the competition, he would have won

thinkfast®
01-30-2007, 10:01 AM
ATOMIC LEG DROP ON THE WINDSHIELD

NICK WOULDA WON HANDS DOWN LOL

B16a2 Civic
01-30-2007, 10:04 AM
ahahaah

Sol-Badguy
01-30-2007, 10:04 AM
X2.

Deaf Pimp
01-30-2007, 10:05 AM
Wrong forum and repost.

Bballjamal
01-30-2007, 10:08 AM
Yea, that was utterly retarded to get him in a car with that much throttle response and power with him still being a huge amatuer! Lessons in a huge open parking lot don't mean shit when you get on a tight course with a long banked wall turn....

B16a2 Civic
01-30-2007, 10:11 AM
Wrong forum and repost.

your life is in the wrong forum
and post the link

thinkfast®
01-30-2007, 10:13 AM
ooOOoOooo

WHAT UP NOW DP

Echonova
01-30-2007, 10:14 AM
^^^ shazamm

B16a2 Civic
01-30-2007, 10:15 AM
SIMPLETON

thinkfast®
01-30-2007, 10:16 AM
HAHAHA

DP THINK THIS IS THE SIMS: IA EDITION, WHERE HE CAN POST WHAT HE PLEASES WITHOUT BACKLASH

B16a2 Civic
01-30-2007, 10:19 AM
get you some

PSINXS
01-30-2007, 10:20 AM
he needs a car with less torque.

bluuuurr
01-30-2007, 10:21 AM
he's been taking lessons from samuel hubinette.. too bad, it's not like he can't afford another car :P

Fast Shadow
01-30-2007, 10:24 AM
SIMPLETON

COMPLICATEDITON

B16a2 Civic
01-30-2007, 10:27 AM
cease from posting

imbosile
01-30-2007, 10:47 AM
Lol, b16 loves to edit posts.

thinkfast®
01-30-2007, 10:58 AM
GET EM OUTTA HERE

B16a2 Civic
01-30-2007, 11:06 AM
i should ban him for his rebelious ways

Sport1.3
01-30-2007, 11:09 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkPSaTKhqqw&NR

better vid.....shows him drive after the wreck too....he's not horrible

wantboost
01-30-2007, 11:24 AM
he would be better with less of a car

Doppelgänger
01-30-2007, 02:37 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkPSaTKhqqw&NR

better vid.....shows him drive after the wreck too....he's not horrible

Baaaaahhahahahaha. I love it. When he understeers into the wall HE PULLS THE PARKING BRAKE TO SLOW DOWN. Sorry, but locking the rears is the slowest way to stop next to not using brakes at all. Looks like he's relying on the fact that the car has 900hp rather then driving skill. Really. Not jealousy/envy speaking here, im just looking at speed, angle, throttle and braking (or the lack thereof). Anyone who knows/drifts , will see the lack in speed to hold the angle, and the lack of throttle to keep angle (btw, angle while off throttle greatly shaves off speed, rather then having to use the brakes).

Kid need WAY more practice before he will be competitive... its as simple as that.

Also, if you're going to be such a high profile 'drifter', when you buy someone elses car, who is more famous then you.... repaint the damn thing to look like its at least YOURS or a color of YOUR choice.. not a fucking hand-me-down.

jR1_kS14
01-30-2007, 04:29 PM
i've seen that episode on tv. his dad said that he didnt have his license yet. but i dont know if its true or not.

live~sideway
01-30-2007, 06:17 PM
i saw this first he didnt pay for shit mopar GAVE him that car. he wrecks it once in practice and hulk went i got a brand new viper from a show floor for free to get a replacement parts. but on his behalf they did change the course on him in between practice and actual runs.

Gilgamesh
01-30-2007, 06:45 PM
everyone cant all be as good as ken at 18 now can we?

how old is he? 16-17?

really, what would you be doing with all that money?

keevo54
01-30-2007, 06:46 PM
i saw this first he didnt pay for shit mopar GAVE him that car. he wrecks it once in practice and hulk went i got a brand new viper from a show floor for free to get a replacement parts. but on his behalf they did change the course on him in between practice and actual runs.
Yea, I also watched the episode. Hulk called a dealership and asked for a new viper to use as a parts car; they go sure stop on by. I think he wrecked a total of three or four times. He needs a little more need for speed practice:goodjob:

boosted_nonv
01-30-2007, 06:50 PM
lol

Maniaç
01-30-2007, 07:52 PM
haha 0wn3d!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

toland03
01-30-2007, 08:28 PM
I wish that I could have been there to see that in person

Verik
01-30-2007, 09:52 PM
theres a great thread over on the supra forums about this (from 6 months ago)...... he had no reply.

DrivenMind
01-30-2007, 11:15 PM
Team Mopar was stupid for letting him drive it in the first place.

a) Listen to how gingerly he's getting into the accelerator, and listen to how little he lets the motor rev. These are usually signs that a driver is either a) unfamiliar with the car and it's setup, or is b) scared fucking shitless of the car itself.
b) He's moving really damn fast, but he's got almost zero angle. It almost looks as though he's trying to use momentum to primarily slide the car, instead of using the cars endless torque to carry him through the corners. It's like he's trying to drive the Viper as if it were a hachi, or some other short wheel base drift car.
c) This is the big no no, and granted it takes a little experience to get used to. But when a car is understeering towards a wall, due to brake lock, pump the fucking brakes!!! Don't stand on them, and hope that the car will to a stop by some act of god. MODULATE MODULATE MODULATE THE brake pedal, and you can avoid a lot of hairy situations like that, even if it's just by making the car scrape the wall instead of hitting it full on.

Simply put. I think he's got potential, but I also think he needs lots and lots and lots of practice in a venue where there aren't any retaining walls. Also it's pretty fucking stupid on the parents behalf to give their 17 year old child, a 911 hp Toyota Supra.

DrivenMind
01-30-2007, 11:18 PM
Baaaaahhahahahaha. I love it. When he understeers into the wall HE PULLS THE PARKING BRAKE TO SLOW DOWN. Sorry, but locking the rears is the slowest way to stop next to not using brakes at all. Looks like he's relying on the fact that the car has 900hp rather then driving skill. Really. Not jealousy/envy speaking here, im just looking at speed, angle, throttle and braking (or the lack thereof). Anyone who knows/drifts , will see the lack in speed to hold the angle, and the lack of throttle to keep angle (btw, angle while off throttle greatly shaves off speed, rather then having to use the brakes).

Kid need WAY more practice before he will be competitive... its as simple as that.

Also, if you're going to be such a high profile 'drifter', when you buy someone elses car, who is more famous then you.... repaint the damn thing to look like its at least YOURS or a color of YOUR choice.. not a fucking hand-me-down.

Mike god bless you sir. Read my previous post. We essentially went through and broke it all down for the people.

fawk_you
01-31-2007, 01:40 AM
I heard he likes the cock.

So, he wrecks alot... and companys just pay him money and give him a car cause of who his dad is? I dont get why they would even waste time with a choad little fucker like that. He's afraid of the car, and clearly in both video's he wrecks.... someone elses car.... super cute.

fut3142
01-31-2007, 02:14 AM
still though as an amatuer that just started drifting he didn't do all that bad...yeah he wrecked the car pretty bad but for someone that just started drifting i thought he did pretty decent...as a 15 or 16 year old kid that is driving a car that doesn't belong to him and is not used to that car, who wouldn't be scared of the car???
but i guess hulk has no worries thats pocket change to him

Doppelgänger
01-31-2007, 07:44 AM
Mike god bless you sir. Read my previous post. We essentially went through and broke it all down for the people.

haha, yeah. See ya in SC man... you leavin fri eve. too?

Doppelgänger
01-31-2007, 07:55 AM
still though as an amatuer that just started drifting he didn't do all that bad...yeah he wrecked the car pretty bad but for someone that just started drifting i thought he did pretty decent...as a 15 or 16 year old kid that is driving a car that doesn't belong to him and is not used to that car, who wouldn't be scared of the car???

Its not that he isnt trying to learn, we all started somewhere. Its the fact that he tries to run with the big boys right out of the gate rather then going through a process of small, no name events and practice days to get used to the car. It seems to me that he grabbed the car, got come pointers from Sam and runs out to Irwindale to prove something. Irwindale is NOT a track for anyone in their first year of drifting/learning. Now if you spent every single day out there, then yes, you would be good in [hopefully] less then a year. But the downside to that is you only learn one track. To get proper techniques down, you have to try MANY different configurations of track layouts to learn different techniques. I'd like to see a video of him at an event like drift fury or something.

Personally, i think he would learn more if he got a lower HP can and really had to throw the car around to get it to drift... you learn so much more that way.

And why do we waste our time with this? Because when you put yourself on a pedestal in the public eye, you are putting yourself out for open criticism/comment.

Sibious
01-31-2007, 08:31 AM
his family records a ahit load, i heard he jsut got his drift license a few months ago?

Sibious
01-31-2007, 08:38 AM
i wonder how sam felt after crashing his baby

Sport1.3
01-31-2007, 08:47 AM
i wonder how sam felt after crashing his baby

As much as their probably paying him, i doubt it. Besides, isnt he suposed to be running the Charger next session?

DrivenMind
01-31-2007, 10:25 AM
haha, yeah. See ya in SC man... you leavin fri eve. too?

Yep yep, probably gonna put down a few beers at the hotel in S.C., in celebration of the impending festivities.

DrivenMind
01-31-2007, 10:31 AM

To quote a classic: "You can't just step in the ring with Ali, cause you think you can box."

There are an infinite number of amateur drivers all over the states who would probably give anything for the opportunity to show what they can do behind the wheel of that car. Not Nick Hogan, he's nothing more than a fan boy who gets what he wants when he wants it. If he took the time to work his way up, he'd find, that not only would have the skills he needs to be good, but he'd probably be able to become a professional with ease what with his daddy backing him financially.

myfonti
01-31-2007, 10:58 AM
leave nick alone. let him do his thing... like his lil buddy said, theres hatorade everywhere...

Sport1.3
01-31-2007, 11:34 AM
leave nick alone. let him do his thing... like his lil buddy said, theres hatorade everywhere...

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n46/skeosh/littlestory.jpg

NiteMare
01-31-2007, 11:52 AM
lol he needs to start out slow, trying to drift a Viper with no experince...= dee dee dee

Z33_kid
01-31-2007, 04:29 PM
what a waste starting out with a to powerful car

HiPSI
01-31-2007, 05:00 PM

he didn't just start drifting.... he'd been doing driving schools and one on one training with Hubinette for almost a year before he tried to qualify for formula D in the videol

the kid just needs to face it that you can't just go to the top ranks because of who your dad is. he's been racing open wheeled cars with hulk for a while and has plenty of driving experience, he just needs to take it down a notch and get some quality seat time before he tries to call himself a pro. the fact of it is that he'll try to qualify again, probably botch it like this time and then give up and move on to something else.

HiPSI
01-31-2007, 05:05 PM
what a waste starting out with a to powerful car

nothing to do with power. everything to do with experience.

if you saw the episode of their crappy reality show you'd have seen how he blames it all on the car when it was clearly his fault that he hit the wall. i've seen the video enough times to know he panicked and looked at the wall and locked them up. again, he's not a terrible driver, but he lacks the experience needed to jump into the pro ranks.

jblaudio06
01-31-2007, 05:25 PM
you can laugh at him but his pappa still has more badass cars than anyone on IA

On_Her_Face
01-31-2007, 06:00 PM
lol with my skills i would of laster a bit longer and im pretty shitty at the whole drifting thing.

Gilgamesh
01-31-2007, 07:46 PM
if he spent just one weekend at a driving school he would know the most important thing to know about a track incident...

to look where you want to go

fut3142
01-31-2007, 08:55 PM
[QUOTE=HiPSI]he didn't just start drifting.... he'd been doing driving schools and one on one training with Hubinette for almost a year before he tried to qualify for formula D in the videol

sorry i dont follow nick hogan's life that closely

Sport1.3
02-01-2007, 08:32 AM
if he spent just one weekend at a driving school he would know the most important thing to know about a track incident...

to look where you want to go

he has a personal driving coach, and has been involved in a few (that i know of) track schools. He is just too inexperienced for Irwindale to be starting out there, the torque monster of a viper is WAY too much car for a beginner, and he definitely panic'd. Honestly, i can say i would have stuck it in the wall just the same.... He has potential just like every other driver out there starting out, its just the fact he isnt starting out like the rest.....not very humbling in my opinion, but he is afterall the hulksters son...he does have a name to live up to

Z32redondo
02-01-2007, 12:02 PM
The episode is on vh1 now

Z32redondo
02-01-2007, 12:35 PM
Yo he crashed thats bitch twice. The first time broke the spindle and his dad made a call to get a brand new viper off the showroom floor to steal a spindle. Then after he hit the second time his dad told him nothing would every be given to him and he's glad it wont be.