PDA

View Full Version : Z06 vs. 406rwhp G35 then vs. IS300 350rwhp

SilviaK93
06-17-2005, 11:07 AM
Last night Pablo called me and said I needed to go to the NP meet. So I jumped in the car and rode down there. There were alot of nice cars, and a group of boosted cars including:

G35TT 406rwhp & 389rwtq
IS300T 350rwhp
S/C S2K 310rwhp
Evo 398awhp
350ZTT (new Z) 300+rwhp

Awesome cars, and then there was me the lonely little domestic.:) When the G35 arrived everyone surrounded the engine bay to check it out, so I went over there interested in what was under the hood. As I hear what is being said I hear it is a very strong car with a good bit of moods. The owner was very cool and tried to be modest, but he knew it was a fast car. :) As we are standing there a Camaro SS pulls in the parking lot. Mogallo makes a comment to the G owner, "theres a domestic for you to mess with." They kindof laughed and snickered as if the "domestic" had no change---which it wouldnt have!

So me being me, I announced that I have a domestic. Mogallo is surprised and ask what car. He then realizes who I am, as does the Evo owner (ct9agsr). We chat back and forth as they seem to be underestimating my knowledge of boosted imports, and then I have to tell them where I have been in the import scene.

ct9agsr then makes a comment that the Z06 and the G35 should run. Again I see a slight snicker, and I said, "OK." All of a sudden they were all like little kids in a candy store.

Everyone got happy and then I hear, "I think we got a IS300 for that vette too." As I turn around and walk to my car, all that were around in this group jump in their cars wanting to see this vette guy get his a$$ handed to him by some boosted imports.:D

First race:

Z06 vs. G35TT
no honking, and G35 gets a early 1 car jump from 65-70mph. We are fairly even in third, but I started inching closer until I hit fourth and started reeling hard and then traffic stopped the race. Just about side by side when I hit the brakes.

Second race:

Z06 vs. IS300T
65mph I hit it, and a 1/2 sec later the IS hits it..............mannnn where did he go. By the time I hit fourth I had at least 2-3 cars on him changing into his lane. No challenge.....:D

Third race:

Z06 vs. G35TT
went on third honk, and we had a perfect take off together. Z starts pulling in third slowly, top of third about a car ahead. Shift to fourth gear and bye bye! I had about 3 cars on him as I think he let off about @130mph when I hit 160mph and was way ahead.

We pull off to a Wendy's and talk. G owner was very surprised, and a very cool guy. Sweet car and mad props!

ct9agsr--- when you want to go from 50-150mph with your current setup, COME GET SOME!!!! You will need to brake boost, cause at 100mph I am coming! :D (all in fun)

Pablo
06-17-2005, 11:47 AM
fun times last night

girly_typeR
06-17-2005, 12:37 PM
Interesting race last night. Would've been better if we had brakes to break boost in ct9agsr's car last night. Other then that, it was nice meeting the last remaining people. Aka, the fast cars. =X

ct9a gsr
06-17-2005, 12:42 PM
What's "break boost" mean?

Very fun night last night... fun meeting all of you ppl. Scary trying to race ppl with my brakes grinding very badly. If the IS300 guy posts on here, we need to race again but make it fair... =]

SilviaK93 - Come to TunerFest... tee-hee. ^.^ - I'll race ya from xx - 120mph from a roll if ya want. And yah, I am scurred after 120mph... you try holding as much boost as I am on a small turbo like mine... it's very scurry. =]

Next time, lets organize a better meet with a camcorder and I'll make some vids of everyone... even if I do lose, I'll still make the vid.

tony
06-17-2005, 12:49 PM
lol we definitely have to run again some time.. wish you could make it out to tunerfest. I have a whole new respect for those Z06's now.. the first race was definitely interesting, I didn't see you pulling at the end but my friend said you were coming up pretty fast.

I'm ashamed to mention the second race so I'll just accept that loss.. lol

SLOWR/T
06-17-2005, 01:03 PM
sound like the NP meets are a little more interesteing than the sat. target meets, i may have to take off work and come out there one night

great races btw!!! but we need a vid :D

Speedm0(\)key
06-17-2005, 09:53 PM
North point = NP ??... last time i went nothing but ricers.. should have gone to that one, nice races

Big Rick
06-17-2005, 10:15 PM
hey SilviaK93 u need to contact this guy, tommy @ www.asaponthweb.com he knows how to squeeze alot of power out those Zs' with no internal works at all. and can get alot of parts for the car at good prices.

Jaimecbr900
06-18-2005, 12:00 AM
What color was the IS300?

I was gonna ride by there after we left the Vortex last night but didn't know if I'd know anyone there.

I now wish I would have. :(

Thrust
06-18-2005, 01:06 AM
Dammit, I miss out on all of the fun.

man
06-19-2005, 01:05 AM
did you see that sweet red FC there? LOL, oh for those of you that noticed my car was sounding all weird. I went under the car yesterday and what do you know, my presilencer was in two pieces. Somehow my car decided that it wanted to blow that POS up, lol.

WINDSOR
06-19-2005, 11:17 AM
silviak,what mods you have on the zo6 or is it stock? good races though.

SilviaK93
06-19-2005, 05:44 PM
silviak,what mods you have on the zo6 or is it stock? good races though.

engine mods in sig, basically stock you can say! :D

Dragonfly5338
06-19-2005, 06:11 PM
Hi Marshall! :kiss:

PSINXS
06-19-2005, 07:05 PM
was this race on the way to barrett? cuz i missed a lot. i heard a supra beat a viper on the highway. i got lost on my way up there and had to drive slower than normal cuz i had an m3 following me.

SilviaK93
06-19-2005, 09:23 PM
Hi Marshall! :kiss:

hey val! I saw you and Trey yesterday at Suwanee Dam/Hwy20. You were headed towards the MOG, and werent lookin to happy at the red light. I went right in front of you in the Z, but you paid me no mind. :)

SilviaK93
06-19-2005, 09:24 PM
was this race on the way to barrett? cuz i missed a lot. i heard a supra beat a viper on the highway. i got lost on my way up there and had to drive slower than normal cuz i had an m3 following me.

nope this was not near barrett. there were no supras at this NP meet.

Dragonfly5338
06-19-2005, 11:27 PM
hey val! I saw you and Trey yesterday at Suwanee Dam/Hwy20. You were headed towards the MOG, and werent lookin to happy at the red light. I went right in front of you in the Z, but you paid me no mind. :)

Ha ha ha! For real? You shoulda honked or revved at us - we woulda both tried to chase you down, just for principal, lol!!

DrivenMind
06-20-2005, 05:26 AM
Next time, lets organize a better meet with a camcorder and I'll make some vids of everyone... even if I do lose, I'll still make the vid.

I gave you my cell # damn you.

two mini-DV digi camcorders + a wide lense + Apple = fun videos, and easy video editing.

TOYOBOOST
06-20-2005, 04:54 PM
Last night Pablo called me and said I needed to go to the NP meet. So I jumped in the car and rode down there. There were alot of nice cars, and a group of boosted cars including:

G35TT 406rwhp & 389rwtq
IS300T 350rwhp
S/C S2K 310rwhp
Evo 398awhp
350ZTT (new Z) 300+rwhp

Awesome cars, and then there was me the lonely little domestic.:) When the G35 arrived everyone surrounded the engine bay to check it out, so I went over there interested in what was under the hood. As I hear what is being said I hear it is a very strong car with a good bit of moods. The owner was very cool and tried to be modest, but he knew it was a fast car. :) As we are standing there a Camaro SS pulls in the parking lot. Mogallo makes a comment to the G owner, "theres a domestic for you to mess with." They kindof laughed and snickered as if the "domestic" had no change---which it wouldnt have!

So me being me, I announced that I have a domestic. Mogallo is surprised and ask what car. He then realizes who I am, as does the Evo owner (ct9agsr). We chat back and forth as they seem to be underestimating my knowledge of boosted imports, and then I have to tell them where I have been in the import scene.

ct9agsr then makes a comment that the Z06 and the G35 should run. Again I see a slight snicker, and I said, "OK." All of a sudden they were all like little kids in a candy store.

Everyone got happy and then I hear, "I think we got a IS300 for that vette too." As I turn around and walk to my car, all that were around in this group jump in their cars wanting to see this vette guy get his a$$ handed to him by some boosted imports.:D

First race:

Z06 vs. G35TT
no honking, and G35 gets a early 1 car jump from 65-70mph. We are fairly even in third, but I started inching closer until I hit fourth and started reeling hard and then traffic stopped the race. Just about side by side when I hit the brakes.

Second race:

Z06 vs. IS300T
65mph I hit it, and a 1/2 sec later the IS hits it..............mannnn where did he go. By the time I hit fourth I had at least 2-3 cars on him changing into his lane. No challenge.....:D

Third race:

Z06 vs. G35TT
went on third honk, and we had a perfect take off together. Z starts pulling in third slowly, top of third about a car ahead. Shift to fourth gear and bye bye! I had about 3 cars on him as I think he let off about @130mph when I hit 160mph and was way ahead.

We pull off to a Wendy's and talk. G owner was very surprised, and a very cool guy. Sweet car and mad props!

ct9agsr--- when you want to go from 50-150mph with your current setup, COME GET SOME!!!! You will need to brake boost, cause at 100mph I am coming! :D (all in fun)

hey, whats up- i am the owner of the Turbo IS300- the vette is pretty quick- i wouldn't say that it was a very fair race- i was already a slightly behind when we went at it. But i expect you to pull on me with a Z06, i have approx 340-350 rwhp at 13psi-untuned on piggy( now its in the process of getting full standalone to run at 23-25psi) so it was anticipated for me to probably lose to you but 2-3 cars may be excessive- i would say 2cars is fair. But i do respect that you won- if it will happen again? i would have to say NO!!! I built this car to battle the domestic monsters and thats what it will do. NO CHALLENGE HUH? I guarantee that i wax the ass off of that Z06, and if you spray - hmm, sounds like i should show up on c16 just to even things up !!LOL!! 600rwhp car might be a little much even for the almighty Z06- PEACE-

SilviaK93
06-20-2005, 09:05 PM
hey, whats up- i am the owner of the Turbo IS300- the vette is pretty quick- i wouldn't say that it was a very fair race- i was already a slightly behind when we went at it. But i expect you to pull on me with a Z06, i have approx 340-350 rwhp at 13psi-untuned on piggy( now its in the process of getting full standalone to run at 23-25psi) so it was anticipated for me to probably lose to you but 2-3 cars may be excessive- i would say 2cars is fair. But i do respect that you won- if it will happen again? i would have to say NO!!! I built this car to battle the domestic monsters and thats what it will do. NO CHALLENGE HUH? I guarantee that i wax the ass off of that Z06, and if you spray - hmm, sounds like i should show up on c16 just to even things up !!LOL!! 600rwhp car might be a little much even for the almighty Z06- PEACE-

nice to see you are on the boards. I did have a slight jump on you, but still was no contest even if we did start exactly the same time. :D About your comment of, "I bet it wont happen again..." Well since you ARENT making 600rwhp, YES it will!

This car is basically stock and yes it will have the juice, and some headers and probably a cam......hmmmmm not sure if your above mentioned C16 will be able to handle mods like that ;), but you never know. I respect the IS and actually love the cars.

JITB
06-20-2005, 09:56 PM
ooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!

TOYOBOOST
06-21-2005, 09:49 AM
nice to see you are on the boards. I did have a slight jump on you, but still was no contest even if we did start exactly the same time. :D About your comment of, "I bet it wont happen again..." Well since you ARENT making 600rwhp, YES it will!

This car is basically stock and yes it will have the juice, and some headers and probably a cam......hmmmmm not sure if your above mentioned C16 will be able to handle mods like that ;), but you never know. I respect the IS and actually love the cars.

It's cool- i will definately run the Z06 after i am done tuning next week- we'll see you out there next time- i predict with your headers and a 100 shot you should put down 500rwhp - very nice numbers but the bottle is cheap and winning on bottle dont mean S*%T to me- thats why i said i would even things up with c16 - Well i will probably see you around -

WINDSOR
06-21-2005, 05:33 PM
why would winning on the bottle not mean shit? I mean you don't want him to put a blower or turbo on that car..You would never have a chance then. twin turbo zo6=you loze!

BMM8764
06-21-2005, 05:34 PM
where are these meets at anyway? i'll have to come check one out sometime.

Vteckidd
06-21-2005, 10:10 PM
My money is on TOYOBOOST sorry marshall, you got a taste of the BABY IS, King IS will be out this week. Motor is under break in, and untuned. itll walk all over a z06, i say rematch

AznTraitor
06-21-2005, 11:42 PM
only whiners complain about losing to nitrous....

dont bring a knife to a gunfight.

SLOWR/T
06-22-2005, 01:05 AM
nitrous is cheap hp, but a win is a win with it or with out it

JITB
06-22-2005, 01:16 AM
Turbo - Nitrous - Blower...all Forced Induction...all the same, one is just alot easier...and simple.

SilviaK93
06-22-2005, 10:55 AM
My money is on TOYOBOOST sorry marshall, you got a taste of the BABY IS, King IS will be out this week. Motor is under break in, and untuned. itll walk all over a z06, i say rematch

366rwhp Z06 vs. 600hp IS...hmmmm I put my money on the IS if you couldnt guess that one.

550rwhp Z06 vs. 600hp IS...hmmmmmm we will have to wait and see what happens when the Z06 gets there.

See I got real life bills and live on my own. Unfortunately for me I dont have the luxury to drop $5k in my car with a hefty monthly car payment, rent, insurance, misc bills, etc.

:D

Big Rick
06-22-2005, 11:19 AM
366rwhp Z06 vs. 600hp IS...hmmmm I put my money on the IS if you couldnt guess that one.

550rwhp Z06 vs. 600hp IS...hmmmmmm we will have to wait and see what happens when the Z06 gets there.

See I got real life bills and live on my own. Unfortunately for me I dont have the luxury to drop $5k in my car with a hefty monthly car payment, rent, insurance, misc bills, etc.

i'm gonna ask tommy how much can he do u a performance upgrade for. the black 1 has 426whp without any internal or force induction. and i can't remember what the yellow has but i believe its alittle more, also no force induction or internal.

http://www.asapontheweb.com/images/picture8_jpg.jpg
http://www.asapontheweb.com/images/picture22_jpg.jpg

TOYOBOOST
06-22-2005, 12:20 PM

your absolutely right- it will be a good match up- i dont mean to be at all hostile- just if i get called out i become competitive-

Vteckidd
06-22-2005, 12:52 PM
how about 250whp 4 cylinder VS 400whp zo6? Ill drop 2nd gear 75mph , you go from 3rd gear :) ill only shift at 10,000rpms i wont rev it out to 11k

just kiddnig, ill find you when my motor is done

run4cover
06-22-2005, 04:09 PM
Man, Imma love this place/site...I see alot of talking going on, but the bottom line is (as far as I can tell)....the Z06 is the man to beat! Period!....I'm gonna make this and that went out with winter....make the claims reality, then come on here talking noise! My money is on the Z06 now....Z06 with cam, headers, and N20....and definitely against a 250whp honda :D

Vteckidd
06-22-2005, 09:59 PM
Man, Imma love this place/site...I see alot of talking going on, but the bottom line is (as far as I can tell)....the Z06 is the man to beat! Period!....I'm gonna make this and that went out with winter....make the claims reality, then come on here talking noise! My money is on the Z06 now....Z06 with cam, headers, and N20....and definitely against a 250whp honda :D
haha, my money would be too, but i bet i could give him a "scare"

gavron1
06-22-2005, 10:43 PM
your absolutely right- it will be a good match up- i dont mean to be at all hostile- just if i get called out i become competitive-

Coming from personal experience I would put my money on the vette

tony
06-23-2005, 09:58 AM
Commerce..friday, we'll get this all resolved. Bring the Z06, IS, Evo, Supra, STi, G35.. and whatever else, we should be able to get video.

4dmin
06-23-2005, 10:46 AM
^ why commerce NP is tonight, bring all the shit out i wanna see :D

tony
06-23-2005, 11:50 AM
I'm not sure if I'm going to make it tonight..we'll see

TOYOBOOST
06-23-2005, 12:27 PM
only whiners complain about losing to nitrous....

dont bring a knife to a gunfight.

not whining- just getting things nice and even-

Vteckidd
06-23-2005, 12:59 PM
i have an 88 HF crx with 62hp to the crank, who wants a piece?

run4cover
06-23-2005, 10:03 PM
haha, my money would be too, but i bet i could give him a "scare"
don't worry, I'm not sleeping on your honda...I was talking highway runs....both cars on drag radials in an 8th mile...my money would shift over to the honda ....1/4 would probably be a toss up :D

mike's02ls1
06-24-2005, 06:02 PM
how about 250whp 4 cylinder VS 400whp zo6? Ill drop 2nd gear 75mph , you go from 3rd gear :) ill only shift at 10,000rpms i wont rev it out to 11k

just kiddnig, ill find you when my motor is done
Hey Mike can I get on this?lol Have u talk to Quincy lately? Tell I said whats up.
Mike

Vteckidd
06-24-2005, 06:19 PM
Hey Mike can I get on this?lol Have u talk to Quincy lately? Tell I said whats up.
Mike
hehe, i always got love for the Camaro :)
Quincy will be graduating the 8th of july, he'll be back soon

mogallo
06-25-2005, 07:04 PM
Marshall, you have a sweet car man.... once you get your NOS.... there wont be a whole lot of cars that can touch you.... 3000lb z06 with 530whp = pretty damn quick!!!!

Hopefully ill have my new tranny in sometime soon and have some minor problems worked out.... we can get together for Supra vs Z06 Vid then ;)

Dont know if you remember me or not, but i'm the guy that was with Charles the night of these races....

SilviaK93
06-27-2005, 01:31 PM
Marshall, you have a sweet car man.... once you get your NOS.... there wont be a whole lot of cars that can touch you.... 3000lb z06 with 530whp = pretty damn quick!!!!

Hopefully ill have my new tranny in sometime soon and have some minor problems worked out.... we can get together for Supra vs Z06 Vid then ;)

Dont know if you remember me or not, but i'm the guy that was with Charles the night of these races....

I remember you Mark. Car will need alittle more than just spray to hit 550rwhp. Future mods list would be something like this:

Cam/ springs
TPIS headers
Tune
Underdrive pulley during cam install
Thermo

That would be it. All this will be around $2500, and that money I dont have at the moment, but saving for the headers soon. :D

Thanks for the compliment! :)

DasGalloway
08-14-2005, 02:29 PM

Bump.

Sup Toyo... just was linked over to this thread from the past.

Did you break boost it? Doesn't sound like it, with the domestic start plus no break boost, I can imagine the z06 was a little faster.

s four t5
08-16-2005, 12:38 AM
Bump.

Sup Toyo... just was linked over to this thread from the past.

Did you break boost it? Doesn't sound like it, with the domestic start plus no break boost, I can imagine the z06 was a little faster.
John? Hrm....