PDA

View Full Version : Help with Clifford Car Alarm

Get-R-Done!
01-29-2007, 09:41 AM
Hey guys, I bought a clifford matrix 50.5 with remote start for my car recently. And I was just reading up on remote start for stick shifts. And I was wondering if I needed to buy any extra parts to get it put into my car. Also, I read somewhere that whenever someone wanted to use the remote start function they had to "program" it before every use. What is that all about?

Vuongy_Dong
01-29-2007, 09:45 AM
you dont have to program it. you have to bypass the clutch selonoid. also, only programming you need to do is change it from tachometer to voltage checking if you are not using the tachnometer function.

Vuongy_Dong
01-29-2007, 09:45 AM
also, is the remote start for manual or automatic vehicles?

Get-R-Done!
01-30-2007, 07:00 PM
it says for use with automatic transmissions

Daryl
01-30-2007, 07:03 PM
Installing a remote start on a manual can be dangerous. You really need to becareful that you dont leave your car in gear. Most autostarts will try to start the car 3 times before cancel the action. If left in gear you could hit other cars, people, houses, or make a new garage door.

Get-R-Done!
02-01-2007, 09:20 AM
yea i already know that. I never leave my car in gear when I park. Even on a hill, I just pull up my E-Brake and put the bitch in NEUTRAL. LoL So not leaving it in gear wont be a prob.

Daryl
02-01-2007, 09:49 AM
Then you should have a problem using it in a manual.