PDA

View Full Version : fuel pump not worky

RISKYB
01-28-2007, 07:04 PM
here's the deal, this car has been sitting for two years my friend and i just pulled it apart and rebuilt the motor but now the fuel pump will not work when we turn the key, we already replaced the pump b/c it was bad when tested, all relays fuses are good, the throttle body doesnt test to be in good shape, would that keep the fuel pump from working

the car is a 89 toyota supra 7mg or mge (non turbo)

Heikujin
01-28-2007, 07:18 PM
The throttle body would not keep the fuel pump from working. First thing you need to do is check to make sure you're getting power and ground to the fuel pump. If your fuel pump fuse is good and you can hear the fuel pump relay clicking then that narrows it down to two possible causes: Bad fuel pump or shorted/broke wire from relay to fuel pump.

RISKYB
01-28-2007, 10:13 PM
well thats what i thought to, but i can jump the dia connector ports and it will work, but alldata shows the mass air meter to be the fuel pump switch b/c it triggers the open circut relay

3kgtdrvr
01-28-2007, 11:14 PM
im not sure about supras but some cars will not energize the fuel pump is there is no signal from the MAF or a crank signal or other weird stuff. but if alldata says that the MAF is related then go with it.

Z U L8R
01-30-2007, 08:52 PM
if you hardwire the fuel pump and it still doesn't pump take the maf,relays,& fuses out of the equation, you just got a bad pump. if it then pumps yet nothing gets to the fuel rail then there's a blockage, most likely the filter, but there's no ruling out that the steal lines are rusted out

RISKYB
01-30-2007, 09:18 PM
ah but i can hard wire it and work but no throttle responce just a very high in and out idle